Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: My Father has been moved to a Hospice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My Father is 83 years old...... Been battling cancer for 20+ years. He's been a fighter but now........ About a week ago his BP dropped to almost nothing and they had him in ICU..... But I guess there is no fighting the inevitable. Not exactly what you wish for at Christmas but..... I just hope the end comes quick. He looked emancipated today, Barely eats anything and had labored breathiing. Thankfully he's out of it most of the time but he did see me today. Just wanted to let him know his son was thinking about him.

Merry Christmas

I'm so sorry to read this.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say our thoughts are with you.

That sucks Drifter.. He'll stay in our prayers man.. Hang in there the best you can dude.. It's rough, I know.

I lost my dad a couple of years ago to congestive heart failure. It's definitely not easy. He was 67. He was a master at masonry for about 50 years. He finally retired to live "The Good Life" and then dropped dead a year later..

My best to ya bud and hang in there..
I"m very sorry,  Drifter.   My thoughts and prayers are with your Dad,  you,  and your entire family.

Quote:That sucks Drifter.. He'll stay in our prayers man.. Hang in there the best you can dude.. It's rough, I know.

I lost my dad a couple of years ago to congestive heart failure. It's definitely not easy. He was 67. He was a master at masonry for about 50 years. He finally retired to live "The Good Life" and then dropped dead a year later..

My best to ya bud and hang in there..

I hope that time has helped you under the extremely difficult situation in losing your Dad.
I'm sorry to hear this, Drifter. I experienced something similar with my father four years ago. I hope your father stays as comfortable as possible. The hospice nurses are good people, he's in good hands.

My thoughts are with your family.

Sorry to hear this. Sad

That's never a good thing.  Hospice will keep him comfortable.  The work that they do is truly amazing... something that I don't have the heart or the guts to do.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Merry Christmas

This is sad to hear. My dad is also in very poor health and I'm waiting for The Phone Call from my stepmom, though somehow he keeps going. You and your family are in my prayers. 

words are never enough. 

*snowwolf gives the drifter a great big huge hug.*
I'm sorry Drifter...like Wolfe said, I'm giving you a great big hug too!!
Godspeed Drifter's dad. May your journey be easy for you and your son.
Very sorry to hear this.  My thoughts are with you and your family.

Quote:My Father is 83 years old...... Been battling cancer for 20+ years. He's been a fighter but now........ About a week ago his BP dropped to almost nothing and they had him in ICU..... But I guess there is no fighting the inevitable. Not exactly what you wish for at Christmas but..... I just hope the end comes quick. He looked emancipated today, Barely eats anything and had labored breathiing. Thankfully he's out of it most of the time but he did see me today. Just wanted to let him know his son was thinking about him.

Merry Christmas

I feel for you, Drifter.   My father died 6 months ago.  (I was going to say "I lost my father..." but in deference to JW, I will be strictly literal, haha)

It's the cycle of life.  It happens to everyone.   Think about the good times, and if you are so inclined, believe that he will be in a better place, out of pain, and you will see him again. 
Thanks for the well wishes y'all. You'll never know how much it means to me.

Sorry to hear this Drifter.  My thoughts to you and your family.

Thoughts are with you and your family, Drifter.

Sad .... very sad.

Cherish your memories because at the end of the day, that's pretty much all that matters.

... my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family

Be there for him, let him know you are proud to have been given his name and to have him as a father. I hope he is comfortable as possible as well as you and all those who love him. You will be in our thoughts.

All the best from Florida.
Pages: 1 2 3