Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Demaryius Thomas’ Mom, Grandma Have To Root From Prison
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Demaryius Thomas’ Mom, Grandma Have To Root From Prison

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP)Demaryius Thomas‘ mother and grandmother will cheer for the Broncos receiver around the prison TV Sunday, both wearing No. 88 jerseys they crafted with strips of tape.

The two women have never seen Thomas play in person. He was 11 when police burst through the door of their home in Montrose, Ga., and arrested both in 1999. Police allowed Katina Smith to walk her son and his two younger sisters to the school bus one last time

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/01/30/de...om-prison/

So what were they charged with exactly? I skimmed the whole article out of that particular curiosity and never noticed.

I guess maybe I just have severe ADD (I totally very much do), or something.
From what I was able to gather it was drug convictions

From what I understand, possession of Cocaine with intent to sell.

A video 'human interest story' was done about this when Tebow hit Thomas with a TD pass to take the wild card spot a couple of years ago. 

Man...is his grandmother Pablo Escobar??? :blink:
That is sad. I'm glad they are allowed to wear #88 and watch the game.

It's sad that his Mother and grandmother has to spend 1 and 2 quarters of their lives in a prison because they were given disproportionate sentences. Nevertheless, I dont care about either team, but this just made me want to root for Thomas alot more because there are ALOT of families like his that are or were effected by the same circumstances. 

Quote:Man...is his grandmother Pablo Escobar??? :blink:

More like Mama Blanco.