Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jimmy Smith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't seen a thread on Jimmy Smith, so here it is.

Really enjoyed his tearful speech at halftime, realizing all he's been through. He looked great, like he could still play. He got himself into trouble by committing the cardinal sin of speaking, though.......if you start down the list of people that you want to thank, chances are you'll leave someone out who is deserving of your appreciation...........He left out Keenan MCCardell and had to make it up by getting on the stadium broadcast with Fred Taylor and he thanked him there.

Is it just me, or did anyone else not recognize about 50% of the veterans?
This is something positive and this board prefer negativity, see how few post are here? I watched it online JS was really emotional, wish I could have been there.

Quote:This is something positive and this board prefer negativity, see how few post are here? I watched it online JS was really emotional, wish I could have been there.

If you were a real fan, you would have been. You sit here taking cracks at everybody who is rightfully negative and can't get off your high horse long enough to make it down to the stadium to support the team you pretend so much to like.
Quote:291

Huh?
Quote:Huh?

Real Jags fans know what that number means.
Quote:If you were a real fan, you would have been. You sit here taking cracks at everybody who is rightfully negative and can't get off your high horse long enough to make it down to the stadium to support the team you pretend so much to like.

I'm a real fan and don't make it to games.
Really maybe he was just so caught up in the emotion as it may had been an accident to forget Keenan and others.

Quote:If you were a real fan, you would have been. You sit here taking cracks at everybody who is rightfully negative and can't get off your high horse long enough to make it down to the stadium to support the team you pretend so much to like.
Here we go with the 'real fan' talk. Let me ask you this; If you buy a brand of TP and it breaks every time you try to wipe your butt and you get poo on your hands, do you keep buying that TP? I would hope not. Some people who like poo on their hands might(miserable fans), or people who blindly defend that brand(homers). 

Every time I go see the Jaguars(the bad TP) I feel like I am buying the TP that breaks on any contact with anything, AKA "getting poo on my hands". Therefore, I do not buy tickets to a game where I will very likely get poo on my hands(Jaguars), an unpleasant experience. Watching the Jaguars be one of the worst teams over the last 4-8 years is very unpleasant(again the TP analogy). I do not fault any fan who refuses to buy tickets until we resemble anything close to an NFL team and gets some wins under their belt. Its unrealistic to expect 14-2 every year, but we have been the literal opposite of consistent winners for close to a decade. It is only rational that your every day fan would not want to support TP that easily falls apart(The Jaguars).
Quote:Is it just me, or did anyone else not recognize about 50% of the veterans?

Quinn Gray looked like he ate himself out of a job. The guy had a belly on him that sumo wrestlers would die for!
No lie, Jimmy might of been the highlight of the year.

We need to start a petition to redo his and Fred's ceremony when we have a team worth a poo.
Quote:Here we go with the 'real fan' talk. Let me ask you this; If you buy a brand of TP and it breaks every time you try to wipe your butt and you get poo on your hands, do you keep buying that TP? I would hope not. Some people who like poo on their hands might(miserable fans), or people who blindly defend that brand(homers). 

Every time I go see the Jaguars(the bad TP) I feel like I am buying the TP that breaks on any contact with anything, AKA "getting poo on my hands". Therefore, I do not buy tickets to a game where I will very likely get poo on my hands(Jaguars), an unpleasant experience. Watching the Jaguars be one of the worst teams over the last 4-8 years is very unpleasant(again the TP analogy). I do not fault any fan who refuses to buy tickets until we resemble anything close to an NFL team and gets some wins under their belt. Its unrealistic to expect 14-2 every year, but we have been the literal opposite of consistent winners for close to a decade. It is only rational that your every day fan would not want to support TP that easily falls apart(The Jaguars).

Stupid analogy.

Aren't you a real fan?
the 291 refers to the amount of yards Jimmy Smith put up on the 2000 Ravens, widely considered to be one of the best defenses of all time (he also had 3 TD's IIRC) just goes to show that he was a transcendent player that could perform at an astronomical level against the highest tiers of competition. 
Bortles has been hanging out with 90s Jimmy a lot lately. When can we induct Bortles into the Pride?

Jimmy was too emotional to get in everyone he wanted to in the limited about of time he had. His friends and family know what this means to him, and I'm betting they are in no way upset about him running out of time before he got to them.
Quote:Here we go with the 'real fan' talk. Let me ask you this; If you buy a brand of TP and it breaks every time you try to wipe your butt and you get poo on your hands, do you keep buying that TP? I would hope not. Some people who like poo on their hands might(miserable fans), or people who blindly defend that brand(homers).

He's being sarcastic by using MJF's "real fan" comment.

That's about the worst analogy I've ever heard, and I've heard a million of them.

If you feel the need to make an excuse please try and do a better job. Your whining is not very manly, lol.
I think Jimmy might still be on that stuff

could be wrong though.

It was cool a ceremony. I loved the comment about the cocktail party on Khan's "Little raft". You could really feel Jimmy's pride and humbleness. He was the recipient of our cheers once again at the stadium and it was great.

Pages: 1 2