Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: CM Punk has reportedly quit WWE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/01/29/cm-p...ista-feud/

I know that most people on here really don't care about "Fake" pro-wrestling, but this is a huge loss to WWE if this is true.

Don't worry, he'll be back.

They always come back.

[Image: ric-flair1.jpg]

Quote:Don't worry, he'll be back.

They always come back.

[Image: ric-flair1.jpg]
lol so true. You know guys like Terry Funk have announced their retirement more than 20+ times?
I dont watch wrestling very often, but I'm not sure why CM Punk is so popular.  He doesnt seem to have the charisma/look to get over.

Quote:I dont watch wrestling very often, but I'm not sure why CM Punk is so popular.  He doesnt seem to have the charisma/look to get over.
He's 5th all time in total merchandise sales behind the likes of John Cena, Hulk Hogan, The Rock, and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

It's funny that you would comment about his lack of charisma, as guys like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk's names are constantly chanted week in, and week out.
When you book a part timer to win the second biggest PPV of the year a week after coming back, it's going to rub a lot of the full time guys the wrong way.

Quote:He's 5th all time in total merchandise sales behind the likes of John Cena, Hulk Hogan, The Rock, and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

It's funny that you would comment about his lack of charisma, as guys like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk's names are constantly chanted week in, and week out.

I dont watch enough to hear either of their names chanted.  I guess I just think the "old school" guys put on a better show than the newer ones.

Could be an age thing maybe.
Who? I guess I haven't watched wrasslin' in a while...
You are correct sir.

Quote:I dont watch enough to hear either of their names chanted.  I guess I just think the "old school" guys put on a better show than the newer ones.

Could be an age thing maybe.
No guess, it's just fact. The WWF has gone down hill a bunch.

Quote:No guess, it's just fact. The WWF has gone down hill a bunch.

I watched as a kid then moved on. A few years ago I ended up watching a match while channel surfing in the middle of the match they went to commercial I couldn't believe it.
Quote:When you book a part timer to win the second biggest PPV of the year a week after coming back, it's going to rub a lot of the full time guys the wrong way.
BINGO!

Guys like Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler... these guys work their [BLEEP] off on a full time, crazy schedule only to get pushed to the side by the higher ups bringing in part timers, I'm totally sure it rubs them the wrong way. Those are the guys who deserve to win the Rumble and headline WrestleMania. Instead, they bring in Batista, who has aged awfully and looked super rusty and he's instantly the headliner after QUITTING four years ago. 

CM Punk seems to have been the main victim here. He has lost to part timers The Rock, Brock Lesnar, and is now being passed up for Batista. I can understand The Rock going over Punk because Rocky is one of the few stars who's popularity is above his, and maybe I can understand Lesnar too, but Batista??? Give me a break.

Here's hoping he is just taking his much needed and deserved time off because making a huge comeback. I have noticed he hasn't been the same in the ring, looking a bit sluggish. Take the time off, rest, heal up mentally and physcially and come back and headline Wrestlemania before really calling it a career.

And if he really did leave for good, well at least we all got to watch the BEST IN THE WORLD.

Quote:BINGO!

Guys like Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler... these guys work their [BAD WORD REMOVED] off on a full time, crazy schedule only to get pushed to the side by the higher ups bringing in part timers, I'm totally sure it rubs them the wrong way. Those are the guys who deserve to win the Rumble and headline WrestleMania. Instead, they bring in Batista, who has aged awfully and looked super rusty and he's instantly the headliner after QUITTING four years ago. 

CM Punk seems to have been the main victim here. He has lost to part timers The Rock, Brock Lesnar, and is now being passed up for Batista. I can understand The Rock going over Punk because Rocky is one of the few stars who's popularity is above his, and maybe I can understand Lesnar too, but Batista??? Give me a break.

Here's hoping he is just taking his much needed and deserved time off because making a huge comeback. I have noticed he hasn't been the same in the ring, looking a bit sluggish. Take the time off, rest, heal up mentally and physcially and come back and headline Wrestlemania before really calling it a career.

And if he really did leave for good, well at least we all got to watch the BEST IN THE WORLD.
I would like to point out that neither CM Punk, or WWE have given official statements on the situation. Punk's profile is still on the website (As of right now.), and he's still booked for the Elimination Chamber PPV.

It might just be another clever publicity stunt by WWE just to get the media talking before the launch of the WWE Network. Remember the rumors about Brock Lesnar going back to UFC? Might be the same thing here.
he will probably go to TNA
I watched the Royal Rumble and after Rey Mysterio came out at #30 the crowd showered everyone with boos. Daniel Bryan being left out/not winning the rumble was a shame
Quote:I watched the Royal Rumble and after Rey Mysterio came out at #30 the crowd showered everyone with boos. Daniel Bryan being left out/not winning the rumble was a shame
The Rumble was awful. WWE is really starting to get on their fans nerves by not pushing the superstars everyone really wants to see and the timing is horrible with the Network rollout right around the corner.

I mean, how many times did we have to see Cena vs Orton before Batista came back? Now we're getting Batista vs Orton for a few months and that's just as bad and probably even more boring. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little excited about Batista returning, but now seeing how they're gonna use him, it's definitely disappointing.

At least they're using the Wyatts and Shield the right way. Looks like (former Jags practice squad guy) Roman Reigns is gonna break away from the Shield soon and become one of the next top stars.

But the main event scene is a mess right now until Bryan gets involved.
It's been a while since I've watched him but I was never impressed by him. To me, he is this generations RVD. Guy couldn't wrestle a lick but his high spots made him popular and $$$. I do think CM is a better "wrassler" than RVD but it's other things that make him popular. I stopped watching because the guys like HBK, Brett Hart, and Chris Jericho were gone or pt. Promos have always been a big deal in wrasslin and 2 of those guys are some of the best ever at it but they also made it look great in the ring.

Quote:It's been a while since I've watched him but I was never impressed by him. To me, he is this generations RVD. Guy couldn't wrestle a lick but his high spots made him popular and $$$. I do think CM is a better "wrassler" than RVD but it's other things that make him popular. I stopped watching because the guys like HBK, Brett Hart, and Chris Jericho were gone or pt. Promos have always been a big deal in wrasslin and 2 of those guys are some of the best ever at it but they also made it look great in the ring.
In my opinion, CM Punk is the PG Era's Stone Cold Steve Austin except they never put him over as much. He did have his 434 day reign as Champion, but even with that, he has never won the Royal Rumble or truly headlined WrestleMania.
If the reasons I read why he quit are true I dont blame him. Batista winning the rumble was stupid. The good talent stay on the back burner.