Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Five Stages of Grief
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Where are you?

"The five stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with this Jaguar team. They are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling. But they are not stops on some linear timeline in grief."

I'm at acceptance.........
Quote:Where are you?

"The five stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with this Jaguar team. They are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling. But they are not stops on some linear timeline in grief."

Is "all of the above" an option?   First quarter... anger..   Second quarter... Bargaining... Third quarter.. Depression  Fourth quarter.. acceptance.   Seems to be the usual progression every week.  LOL

I think we all are.
Denial............." I can't believe what I'm seeing."

Anger........." Did that idiot just call for a fair catch on the one yard line? "

Bargaining..........Please, God, if you let us win, I promise to come to church next Sunday.

Depression.........It's Sunday morning, do I have to watch the Jaguar game today?

Acceptance........Phew! Only one home game left this year, and my season ticket contract expires!

I think im on stage 6:

"LOL"

Acceptance. We see so many fewer threads now after loses. I think everyone is beyond caring right now

I've long been at acceptance. I think most of us reached acceptance last year.

I've graduated to Apathy.

Im stuck on Snark.
apathy... where I've been for years up until this season, where I got a glimmer of hope, only to be shown why I should never, ever, expect anything out of this pathetic franchise

Me, too.  Acceptance.   It used to be, when we won, I was on cloud 9 for about 3 days, or if we lost, I was depressed for about 3 days, but now, it's just like nothing happened.  I go on with my life.  
Acceptance. Definitely.

I was at acceptance on the Thursday night game against the Titans.
Acceptance for sure.

I still find myself getting pissed off quite a bit.

The owner pisses me off at the moment. I get mad at times. Frustrated mostly. It's just ridiculous how inept we are.

I was a dolphin fan, I remember the moment I gave up on that team... I'm not there yet. But I'm beginning to get the same feelings of disbelief like I did back in the early 2000's as a fish fan.
Quote:I still find myself getting [BAD WORD REMOVED] off quite a bit.

The owner [BAD WORD REMOVED] me off at the moment. I get mad at times. Frustrated mostly. It's just ridiculous how inept we are.

I was a dolphin fan, I remember the moment I gave up on that team... I'm not there yet. But I'm beginning to get the same feelings of disbelief like I did back in the early 2000's as a fish fan.

What was the final straw for you in giving up being a Dolphins fan?

In my youth,  the Dolphins were a model franchise,  much like the Patriots became this century.   In essence,  the two franchises traded places.
It's actually pretty cool.  

250 years from now in the Year 2265, some dumb [BLEEP] head coach is going to break Gus Bradley's 14-50 record of immortality.  The fans of that team are going to dig into our Message Board archives to research our attitudes and how we dealt with pain.   

Quote:It's actually pretty cool.

250 years from now in the Year 2265, some dumb [BAD WORD REMOVED] head coach is going to break Gus Bradley's 14-50 record of immortality. The fans of that team are going to dig into our Message Board archives to research our attitudes and how we dealt with pain.

I think Gussy's record of ineptitude is unbreakable. What are the odds that some poor franchise will hire somebody as dopey as Gus to run a Gene Smith/Dave Caldwell level disaster of a team? And then on top of that keep them long enough to coach 4 dopey years?
Quote:I think Gussy's record of ineptitude is unbreakable. What are the odds that some poor franchise will hire somebody as dopey as Gus to run a Gene Smith/Dave Caldwell level disaster of a team? And then on top of that keep them long enough to coach 4 dopey years?

... and Offer that coach an extension   :woot:  Wallbash  Wallbash  Wallbash
Quote:... and Offer that coach an extension   :woot:  Wallbash  Wallbash  Wallbash

Ask the Rams.  Seriously they "quietly" gave the stache a 2 year extension.  Gus is only averaging 6 wins behind that level of ineptness.
Pages: 1 2 3