Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 15 Things that happen when you work in an office
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I swear this video was created for my job!

http://youtu.be/t_SyKtSjjNQ

That is absolutely classic.  And it's all true. 

Quote:That is absolutely classic.  And it's all true. 

I can espically speak to the Facebook part. With my door always open, I have a sense so good that any motion I hear, I can ctrl, alt and tab in less than a second.
So much truth in that video. Classic.

I remember when my supervisor was given software that let him monitor his team's internet browsing activity. After a week, he called me into his office and asked me what I could possibly find so interesting on the Jaguars message board that I kept refreshing it on my browser all day.

Quote:So much truth in that video. Classic.

I remember when my supervisor was given software that let him monitor his team's internet browsing activity. After a week, he called me into his office and asked me what I could possibly find so interesting on the Jaguars message board that I kept refreshing it on my browser all day.

Next time show him some TMD material.
I successfully isolated myself from everyone in my office. It's terrific.
That chick is hot.

For me, there is only some truth to that video. Maybe because I work in a different kind of office, where no one is around my age and I don't really want to interact with them.

Actually, my office life is more like Office Space.

Quote:For me, there is only some truth to that video. Maybe because I work in a different kind of office, where no one is around my age and I don't really want to interact with them.

Same situation as me. Plus I'm barely in mine.
Quote:For me, there is only some truth to that video. Maybe because I work in a different kind of office, where no one is around my age and I don't really want to interact with them.

Yeeeaaah, if you could go ahead and come in on Saturday. We've kind of "lost" some posters over the weekend and we sort of need to play catch up with the post count. Thaaaaanks a bunch.
Quote:Yeeeaaah, if you could go ahead and come in on Saturday. We've kind of "lost" some posters over the weekend and we sort of need to play catch up with the post count. Thaaaaanks a bunch.

Oh, and remember: next Friday... is Hawaiian shirt day. So, you know, if you want to, go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.
My first job out of college was in an IT shop, 13 of us in one room, each in a 5' X 5' X 5' cubicle. Very much like Office Space, including a jerk for a supervisor. Unlike a couple of you who posted earlier, I enjoyed working with people of all ages. Two of my best friends were at least 20 years older than me. It sounds like a cliche, but I learned a lot from those folks.

Sounds just like my office...

This is all true. Except the Facebook part. I dont have time to do that on the job where I work. I seldomly check it on my phone when I am at work as well.