Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Big John's Crumpy's Wings & Things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone gone yet?  I saw the catering truck driving around town and was curious if the place is any good.  I wouldn't mind giving Big John some support.

I heard not so great things, but I want to try anyway (I'll make sure to hit the Southside location - LOL.)

They are different - the wings aren't separated.

Quote:I heard not so great things, but I want to try anyway (I'll make sure to hit the Southside location - LOL.)

They are different - the wings aren't separated.
I have been to places like that, not the biggest fan of that style, but it's easy to work with really.

I wish they were closer to where I lived. I'd support it just because it was Big John.
1. Hooters

2. Buffalo Wild Wings

3. Wing Stop

4. [BLEEP] wings and grill

29. Crumpy's
To each his own, but you lost me when you put Hooters at #1.

Unless you weren't talking about wings.

Quote:To each his own, but you lost me when you put Hooters at #1.

I agree. Terrible wings, food altogether not so hot.
Hooters is overrated, even where the help is concerned.
Quote:To each his own, but you lost me when you put Hooters at #1.

They can be skimpy on the wings during the weekends. I go on the weekdays when they have the big ones and not overloaded with sauce and everything is perfect.

I dont eat anything else. I got some Buffalo shrimp and it literally looked like a kids meal they were so small.
Hooters just added a new hotter sauce.  If you haven't been lately, I highly recommend you give them a try.

Just don't go on AYCE night (Monday, I think?)  The kitchen gets bogged, so put your follow up orders in as early as possible.

I understand why folks say they're overrated, but they're still high on my list.

Wild Wing Cafe must be added to the list.

Quote:Hooters just added a new hotter sauce.  If you haven't been lately, I highly recommend you give them a try.

Just don't go on AYCE night (Monday, I think?)  The kitchen gets bogged, so put your follow up orders in as early as possible.

I understand why folks say they're overrated, but they're still high on my list.

Wild Wing Cafe must be added to the list.
I went to school in Charleston. WW's was a big college hangout. Really good food and wings. I haven't been to the one out at the beach, but I agree, it is a staple if you like wings.
Quote:Hooters is overrated, even where the help is concerned.
Completely agree with this here.
Quote:Hooters is overrated, even where the help is concerned.

While I agree in general, there were these twin sisters that worked at the Regency location, Misty Dawn and Dusky Eve.

I'm not kidding, those were their real names. And they were spectacular.
Hooligans, I don't know if you guys have them up there but near Daytona Hooligans is the best for wings!

Quote:While I agree in general, there were these twin sisters that worked at the Regency location, Misty Dawn and Dusky Eve.

I'm not kidding, those were their real names. And they were spectacular.

It's like their parents knew they would grow up to work at hooters.
I remember the old Bukkets in Jax Beach having a really nice wings special on a particular weeknight when I was in college.  

Up here, there's a great barbecue spot  less than a mile from me that does a smoked/grilled wing with a garlic/chipotle sauce that is Ah-mazing.  I'll pick up a dozen on Sundays every now and then if I don't make my own. Sometimes I watch the Sunday night game at their bar and try a few other flavors.

Hot - Jerk Glaze     Mild - Honey BBQ  

Hot - Wango Tango   Mild - Sesame Hoisin

Hotter - Garlic Chipotle     Hottest - Devil's Duel  

The devil's duel ^ is a Habanero sauce that is pretty deadly.  

Quote:It's like their parents knew they would grow up to work at hooters.

I did not believe those was their real names until I told my sister about them. She taught at First Coast High School at the time, and had them as students. After confirming their names, she wondered how the two relatively flat chested girls came to work at Hooters. I relayed the following story.

My friends and I noticed one of the twins, then the other, but they were identical and we thought we were seeing the same girl. After seeing each of them a few times, I realized they were twins because they parted their hair on opposite sides. We called one of them over to our table and, after some good-natured banter, my friend told her he didn't think they were identical twins because he thought their chests were different sizes. She assured us they were, and she knew this because they had the same size implants.

Back home we had a place called Quaker Steak and Lube.  I am not a big wings fan, but their wings rocked.  They had this one kind called Louisiana Lickers (https://www.costore.com/quakersteak/prod...id=3106049).  They were awesome.  

I hope Crumpy's does well.  I always liked Big John.  Was really nice to me when I worked at Circuit City.  He was in there a lot.

Quote:Back home we had a place called Quaker Steak and Lube. I am not a big wings fan, but their wings rocked. They had this one kind called Louisiana Lickers (<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.costore.com/quakersteak/productenlarged.asp?peid=83&pid=3106049'>https://www.costore.com/quakersteak/productenlarged.asp?peid=83&pid=3106049</a>). They were awesome.

I hope Crumpy's does well. I always liked Big John. Was really nice to me when I worked at Circuit City. He was in there a lot.

I been to one of those outside of Pittsburgh. I went in there and they had a lunch buffet set up. I remember impressing myself with how much I ate; it was awesome.
I'm recommending Wing Depot on the corner of University and Fort Caroline.  Obviously, that intersection is geographically out of the way unless you live in Arlington.  If you can make the drive, I'd be surprised if you were disappointed.

Best wings I've had in Jacksonville.........

Quote: 

I remember the old Bukkets in Jax Beach having a really nice wings special on a particular weeknight when I was in college.  

Up here, there's a great barbecue spot  less than a mile from me that does a smoked/grilled wing with a garlic/chipotle sauce that is Ah-mazing.  I'll pick up a dozen on Sundays every now and then if I don't make my own. Sometimes I watch the Sunday night game at their bar and try a few other flavors.

<div>
Hot - Jerk Glaze     Mild - Honey BBQ  

Hot - Wango Tango   Mild - Sesame Hoisin

Hotter - Garlic Chipotle     Hottest - Devil's Duel  

The devil's duel ^ is a Habanero sauce that is pretty deadly.  

</div>

I dont know if Manhattan has it but Wing Wagon is excellent in Brooklyn.

I keep hearing Blue Smoke is good as well. I may give them a try on my next visit in May.
Pages: 1 2 3