Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A tale of rumors, predictions, and deception
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All for the sake of seeking credibility.

This is an interesting story.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/96bc9524-...z2rNiLvUVu

That site is asking you to sign up to get to the article....
Quote:That site is asking you to sign up to get to the article....

That's weird...

Worked a minute ago.

Try this:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/96bc9524-84f7-...ab7de.html
Same thing....
Ugh... title is:

Football-mad schoolboy who fooled the Twitterati
I've been able to get it to work after trying the link several times.  Sometimes it only asks you to answer a couple survey questions.  You can also find a link on the site that rhymes with fudge retort.

Extract from the Financial Times article by Henry Mance:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Gardiner then started selecting gossip and spinning it as fact. He targeted the fans of troubled clubs “because they’d be the most gullible”.

Teenager Sam Gardiner posed as a journalist because he felt "no one was taking his opinions seriously."  Once caught, his Twitter was suspended but not before he duped even players.

Sorry, that's about as much as I can say due to their stringent copyright policy.

Strange that the link doesn't always work.

Kind of reminds me of all the runaway rumors fed by "Adarn Schefter" around draft time, but apparently this went on for some time.

Quote:Ugh... title is:

Football-mad schoolboy who fooled the Twitterati
I've been able to get it to work after trying the link several times.  Sometimes it only asks you to answer a couple survey questions.  You can also find a link on the site that rhymes with fudge retort.

Extract from the Financial Times article by Henry Mance:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Gardiner then started selecting gossip and spinning it as fact. He targeted the fans of troubled clubs “because they’d be the most gullible”.

Teenager Sam Gardiner posed as a journalist because he felt "no one was taking his opinions seriously."  Once caught, his Twitter was suspended but not before he duped even players.

Sorry, that's about as much as I can say due to their stringent copyright policy.

Strange that the link doesn't always work.

Kind of reminds me of all the runaway rumors fed by "Adarn Schefter" around draft time, but apparently this went on for some time.

I saw another guy on my twitter feed trying to link this story, it wouldn't work for him either.
It's a great story if you get to read it.  If anyone wants, PM me and I think I can oblige.

Not uncommon to see things like this from folks desperate to make a "name" for themselves on the internet.