Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rex Ryan possibly gone tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reports coming out he can get canned as early as tomorrow. Do we fire Gus early and pick him up or wait for better option?
As a D coordinator? Sure. Why would you want him as a HC?
Let me get this straight...you mock and troll me in my Marqise Lee thread and then you go and post a stupid topic like this?

Wow. No one wants Rex Ryan as a head coach.

Lol. No.
Quote:As a D coordinator? Sure. Why would you want him as a HC?

Back to back with the Jets. I'd say that's decent.
Quote:Let me get this straight...you mock and troll me in my Marqise Lee thread and then you go and post a stupid topic like this?

Wow. No one wants Rex Ryan as a head coach.

Perhaps I should have addressed this directly to Rex so he could see it? Probably would have made it better.
Lol nice try but you ruined all your credibility with cool jokes by making a stupid thread like this and suggesting Rex Ryan should be our head coach.

Quote:Lol nice try but you ruined all your credibility with cool jokes by making a stupid thread like this and suggesting Rex Ryan should be our head coach.

Slow your horses tough guy. I never said he should be our head coach. I was looking for the opinion of this incredibly intelligent board.

Learn to read big guy.
Quote:Slow your horses tough guy. I never said he should be our head coach. I was looking for the opinion of this incredibly intelligent board.

Learn to read big guy.

Lol we know what you meant. Nice try on trying to backpedal now.
On what universe does anybody think Rex Ryan as our new HC is a viable option? He will go be a DC for a contender and get another coaching gig in 3 yrs.
Quote:Lol we know what you meant. Nice try on trying to backpedal now.

What I meant? The report just came out that he could be fired tomorrow. Figured I'd share it with everyone to get their thoughts.

My bad. I'll run all my topic ideas by you from now on.
Quote:On what universe does anybody think Rex Ryan as our new HC is a viable option? He will go be a DC for a contender and get another coaching gig in 3 yrs.

He's finished .500 or above 5 out of 8 seasons. Not saying he's cream of the crop but he doesn't seem terrible. He's definitely got more fire to him than Gus.

Not saying I back rex, but he'd be the first "big" name on the chopping block.
Quote:Perhaps I should have addressed this directly to Rex so he could see it? Probably would have made it better.

When asked about the rumor, Rex said it was the first time he heard anything about being fired. He would not believe you if you told him anything.
during the tampa vs saints game, announcer said Mike Smith DC of the bucs could be the Jaguars next head coach.   Eeeeewwwwww,  he sucked in Atlanta and runs a cover 2 zone D

Quote:When asked about the rumor, Rex said it was the first time he heard anything about being fired. He would not believe you if you told him anything.

Well now that he's heard about it me asking him makes perfect sense.
Quote:during the tampa vs saints game, announcer said Mike Smith DC of the bucs could be the Jaguars next head coach. Eeeeewwwwww, he sucked in Atlanta and runs a cover 2 zone D

Yeah I heard that too
Quote:Lol. No.
Quote:He's finished .500 or above 5 out of 8 seasons. Not saying he's cream of the crop but he doesn't seem terrible. He's definitely got more fire to him than Gus.

Not saying I back rex, but he'd be the first "big" name on the chopping block.

Being better than Gus is the GM equivalent of being better than Gene Smith. That has worked out well...
Quote:On what universe does anybody think Rex Ryan as our new HC is a viable option? He will go be a DC for a contender and get another coaching gig in 3 yrs.

If Rex Ryan is fired tomorrow or in the next few weeks,   i think there's a very good chance he will be doing NFL TV work in the 2017 season.  With that being his long term football future as well.

I certainly don't think Ryan will be the next HC of the Jacksonville Jaguars or any other NFL team that will be looking for a HC soon.
I like having Rex as a head coach in this league, just not for my team. Hard pass.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5