Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ryan Grigson - Worst GM of 2013?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Trades:

Trent Richardson  - 1st round pick (lol bad)

Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard (Jerry Hughes gets 10 sacks at Bills. Sheppard does little)

FA

Cherilus - Maybe his one shining light as he played decently on his massive contract

Thomas - 4 yrs/14 million (barely played)

Hasselbeck - wasnt needed but paid a fortune

Toler - Jags probably got more out of much cheaper Alan Ball/ Will Blackmon

Laron Landry - Terrible

Jean Francois - 4 yr /22 mil (offered little)

Walden - 4yr/16 million (probably could have got the same from a street free agent)

DHB - likely to be cut

I'm probably even forgetting more errors...

Haven't included draft pics(too early) - but didn't see much of anything from Werner.

Let's hope he keeps getting praised for "turning the colts around" and keeps his job longer.

Ps. Pretty sure he's lost a 4th round pick too but totally forgot how

Jerry Hughes situation is ridiculous. The guy flat out sucked here. At times he didn't care, offered nothing on defense or special teams, lacked awareness, etc. He deserved to be traded. Very similar to what happened with Tim Jennings with the Colts then became a Pro Bowler with the Bears.

Cherilus, Thomas, Hasselbeck were his best free agent pick ups.

Cherilus played like a Pro Bowler this year.

Thomas was playing very good at his OG position before going to IR with an injury in week 2, just unfortunate.

Hasselbeck is a quality vet that knew the "west coast" scheme very well. I'm sure he was of great insight to Andrew & the offense.

Toler prior to his injury in week 7 was playing pretty good ball. Nothing amazing, but he was definitely starter material.

Landry, Walden, Francois, & DHB are all currently a disappointment. (PS: DHB won't get cut, we only signed him to a 1 year deal, his deal will just run out).

PSS: Are the Colts on your mind 24/7?

Also, I still find it hilarious you insinuate Grigson sucks, but yet Andrew is average?

I guess we just magically win 11 games (back-to-back years), go to the playoffs (back-to-back years), & win a playoff game.

Quote:Also, I still find it hilarious you insinuate Grigson sucks, but yet Andrew is average?

I guess we just magically win 11 games (back-to-back years), go to the playoffs (back-to-back years), & win a playoff game.

Shack Harris had some terrible years as gm but It takes a few years to catch up. You wait and see when wayne and mathis are gone (soon).

Can u confirm the 4th rounder? Or am I wrong there?
Quote:Shack Harris had some terrible years as gm but It takes a few years to catch up. You wait and see when wayne and mathis are gone (soon).

Can u confirm the 4th rounder? Or am I wrong there?

Lololol. You're still going with Wayne (who didn't even play half the season) & Mathis carried us to 11 wins. Even an average-knowledge football fan would laugh at that.

The Colts traded a 2014 4th round pick to the Browns for a 2013 5th round pick during the draft last year.
I haven't seen you dispute anything in the thread. Grigsons 2012 draft looks decent. But I'm arguing he had a terrible 2013
Quote:I haven't seen you dispute anything in the thread. Grigsons 2012 draft looks decent. But I'm arguing he had a terrible 2013

Oh you're pretty spot on when regarding his 2013 draft, so far it hasn't paned out (although at times Werner has shown his 1st round talent). Overall His 2013 draft is looking pretty atrocious. 

Where you're absolutely wrong, is saying Grigson didn't have anything to do with "turning the Colts around". He hit a home run in last years draft. Without going through any past team drafts, the Colts 2012 draft class might just be one of the best drafts in NFL history. Seriously.

You're also wrong when it comes to saying Mathis & half of Wayne carried us to 11 wins. Just absolutely hilarious. 
Quote:Oh you're pretty spot on when regarding his 2013 draft, so far it hasn't paned out (although at times Werner has shown his 1st round talent). Overall His 2013 draft is looking pretty atrocious. 

Where you're absolutely wrong, is saying Grigson didn't have anything to do with "turning the Colts around". He hit a home run in last years draft. Without going through any past team drafts, the Colts 2012 draft class might just be one of the best drafts in NFL history. Seriously.

You're also wrong when it comes to saying Mathis & half of Wayne carried us to 11 wins. Just absolutely hilarious. 

I'm not saying this. What I am saying is much like the Shack harris regime here, when these players start leaving like Fred Taylor, Darius etc, that is when the bad years start catching up with you. Plus you already know what I think of your 6 division wins, as I doubt you are 11-5 in any other division. More like 9-7
Quote:I'm not saying this. What I am saying is much like the Shack harris regime here, when these players start leaving like Fred Taylor, Darius etc, that is when the bad years start catching up with you. Plus you already know what I think of your 6 division wins, as I doubt you are 11-5 in any other division. More like 9-7

I don't know how you get off with that, either.

Colts beat the best in the NFL (Seahawks, Chiefs x2, Broncos, 49ers), what makes you think they'd struggle in a tough division? If anything we should have lost some games in the AFC South. We seemed to struggled against "bad" opponents anyway.

Quote:I'm not saying this. What I am saying is much like the Shack harris regime here, when these players start leaving like Fred Taylor, Darius etc, that is when the bad years start catching up with you. 

You guys didn't have a QB, that's why the bad years started catching up with you. We have a QB.

Also, on this... Assuming Andrew is still healthy, I'll guarantee you this team is still successful after the days of Mathis/Wayne.
This is an interesting thought, the wheels on bus did seem to come off a little with that Trent Richardson trade. What makes it worse is that Grigson is still trying to talk Richardson up. I guess what choice does he have?

Anyway, I feel like the Colts outside of Mathis, TY Hilton, Wayne, and Luck, are kind of bad. And maybe Vontae Davis. I actually am not as worried about the Colts as I was during the Manning years. Luck just isn't that transcendent and the offensive players around him just aren't as good, and the D still isn't good. And the AFC South was a weak sauce division this year. It wouldn't surprise me if the Texans end up winning it next year behind Clowney/new QB combo. That team just seemed poised for an easy bounce back.

Anyway, only time will tell with Grigson, but I agree this year hasn't really been good, despite the playoff win. Luck seems to channel the younger Manning with the int there in the playoffs, if Grigson doesn't get him some help, the clots won't go anywhere.

The worst GM is probably Oakland/Washington. Its like a fail safe.

Also the 2012 draft will always look good no matter what cause of Luck, hitting on TY Hilton also was real good. But they go hand in hand. Luck makes Hilton look good because Luck is good, I don't think it works as much the other way.

Quote:The worst GM is probably Oakland/Washington. Its like a fail safe.

Also the 2012 draft will always look good no matter what cause of Luck, hitting on TY Hilton also was real good. But they go hand in hand. Luck makes Hilton look good because Luck is good, I don't think it works as much the other way.

Luck & Hilton are far from the only success in that draft. Almost every single pick was a home run.
Quote:Also, I still find it hilarious you insinuate Grigson sucks, but yet Andrew is average?

Grigson does suck. Luck is going to remain in the 2nd tier of QBs with Stafford, Ryan etc imo. 
Quote:Grigson does suck. Luck is going to remain in the 2nd tier of QBs with Stafford, Ryan etc imo. 

Lol OK. If that makes you feel better at night.
Quote:Lol OK. If that makes you feel better at night.
Has nothing to do with feeling better at night, that's just reality. 
Lol. This dude is so unbelievably biased. Saying he had the worst 2013 offseason is an understatement. Sad that Grigson is getting defended in this situation. It must really suck when you're presented with facts but still won't admit his team is 9-7 in a decent division. LOL.
Quote:Lol. This dude is so unbelievably biased. Saying he had the worst 2013 offseason is an understatement. Sad that Grigson is getting defended in this situation. It must really suck when you're presented with facts but still won't admit his team is 9-7 in a decent division. LOL.
Also seems like he's giving him credit for Luck as well... I'm pretty sure any GM in the NFL would have taken Luck #1. 
I've already stated his 2013 draft was porous. Read above.

However, look at the draft picks from 2012... He hit a home run on almost every pick. That's a fact. He also had another trade that year that was getting heavily criticized, Vontae Davis, and so far that has work out fantastically. He'll 100% be getting re-signed this offseason. Stating he only hit on Andrew Luck his first year or that he wasn't a reason for the Colts turn around is hilarious and THAT'S biased on your guys part thinking any other way.

Where does any Jaguar fan get off trying to dismiss another organization, especially one as successful as the Colts?

I've been a Jags fan from day one (STH, the whole bit), but this gets embarrassing. It's like whistling past the graveyard.

To deny their recent good play, and to try and deny that Luck is a lot better than average (do you watch the NFL?), is coming across as very defensive.

I've got a better idea than trying to one-up some silly Colts fan - try getting better each year.

Pages: 1 2 3 4