Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rhode Island Parents Warned of Smarties Snorting Craze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Rhode Island Parents Warned of Smarties Snorting Craze

Parents in Portsmouth Middle School in Rhode Island were recently warned of a dangerous craze involving middle-schoolers snorting Smarties candies. This comes on the heels of 15 students at a nearby school being caught participating in the trend.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/r...ting-craze

I don't understand why someone would do this if it produces no high. Just stupid to me.

I had a roommate in college who was worried about grades. He was a smart guy, but he always worried about not doing well. He'd snort, nightly 3-4 ritalin and be up all night studying. He'd go all week with little to no sleep and then just crash on the weekend. He ended up not graduating. Tried to help him stop, even talked with his parents. Nothing worked. It was crazy.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!

Methinks this is another case where the media is going to report it as a "craze among teenagers" when it really isn't. But the media coverage will cause a craze. Much like happy slapping and the knockout game, neither of which existed until the media started reporting on "the latest craze among teenagers".
Quote:I don't understand why someone would do this if it produces no high. Just stupid to me.

I had a roommate in college who was worried about grades. He was a smart guy, but he always worried about not doing well. He'd snort, nightly 3-4 ritalin and be up all night studying. He'd go all week with little to no sleep and then just crash on the weekend. He ended up not graduating. Tried to help him stop, even talked with his parents. Nothing worked. It was crazy.

A lot of people use retain in college so that is pretty common. Now snorting 3 to 4 nightly is a different story. Holy cow. Moderation!
Quote:A lot of people use retain in college so that is pretty common. Now snorting 3 to 4 nightly is a different story. Holy cow. Moderation!
Oh I know using ritalin is common in college, prescribed or not. The snorting of it was a much different beast. It was crazy. He did make stellar grades, but after a few years just fizzled out.
Quote:Oh I know using ritalin is common in college, prescribed or not. The snorting of it was a much different beast. It was crazy. He did make stellar grades, but after a few years just fizzled out.

More like burned his brain out! :blink:
I once bumped cayenne pepper on a drunken dare and burned my brains out. Not my finest moment.

Quote:Oh I know using ritalin is common in college, prescribed or not. The snorting of it was a much different beast. It was crazy. He did make stellar grades, but after a few years just fizzled out.

I just don't get the need of snorting it. I know it hits faster, but damn, you can't wait 5-10 minutes by ingesting it?