Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colin Kaepernick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a guy to keep your eye on, he'll will likely opt out of his contract at the end of the season becoming a FA. I think Kaepnernick is a guy worth taking a shot on because of his upside, his tools (quick release, arm strength, athleticism) are arguably some of the best the NFL has ever seen at the QB position, he's had success in this league and if he puts it together mentally, has Steve Young like upside. If the Jaguars are going to bring in legitimate competition at the QB position next season, I'd rather take a chance on a young guy with upside (like Mike Glennon, Kaep etc...) instead of known commodities like Brian Hoyer etc..., I've watched him play in every game he's started this season, and outside of the Bears game has looked pretty good, all while throwing to guys like David Patton, Jeremy Kerley, and Vance McDonald.

I think Kaepernick is much better than Bortles and (along with a strong run game) would make our offense incredibly dynamic, the fact of the matter is the Jaguars aren't taking a QB high the draft next season, and I highly doubt they'll have interest in the Brian Hoyers/Josh McCowns of the world. Jimmy Grappolo's asking price will be too much in a trade, the best course of action is to first, solidify the offensive line, sign a dynamic talent like Kaepernick, and let him and Bortles battle it out.

He already opted out of his contract. No way is this a guy we want to keep an eye on.

Jacksonville would hate Kapernick.
Quote:Jacksonville would hate Kapernick.

He's not that bad of a QB
Quote:Jacksonville would hate Kapernick.

Until he starts winning... I'm not declaring the guys as the next Steve Young but his tools are intriguing, and like I said earlier he's played well this season with sub-par weapons. There just aren't many QB options out there, If the Jags are smart they'd take a chance on a guy thats' proven he can play in this league, and still has a ton of upside.

Quote:He's not that bad of a QB

That has nothing to do with why Jax would hate him.
Decent QB. Wouldn't mind the Jags having a look at him.

Quote: 

He's not that bad of a QB

Not at all, as someone that hasn't been a fan of Kaep on the field in the past, I've actually been very impressed by his play this season, he has everything you're looking for and is much better than Bortles. There's a reason why John Elway (who's proven to be the best GM in football) wanted to trade for him, I think the Jags would be silly not to go hard after Kaepernick.
Quote:That has nothing to do with why Jax would hate him.

The front and coaching staff won't "care" about the political/social mumbo-jumbo, they want to win games. Your argument is silly
Quote:He already opted out of his contract. No way is this a guy we want to keep an eye on.
No he didnt. You cant opt out in the middle of the season.
Quote:He's not that bad of a QB.

Then why did he get benched in favor of BLAINE GABBERT?
Quote:No he didnt. You cant opt out in the middle of the season.

He voided all future years on his contract.
Caldwell worked out Greg Hardy. Y'all crazy if you think Kaep is gonna scare him away.

Quote:He voided all future years on his contract.
Yeah, he restructured his deal in october. What is your point?
Quote:The front and coaching staff won't "care" about the political/social mumbo-jumbo, they want to win games. Your argument is silly

I didn't say anything about the staff. I said Jacksonville.
Quote:Then why did he get benched in favor of BLAINE GABBERT?

I could care less if he was "benched" for Gabbert, because my EYES (along with the numbers) tell me he's light years better than Gabbert. The decision to sign (or not to sign) Kaepernick will have nothing to do with previous "benchings".
Quote:Caldwell worked out Greg Hardy. Y'all crazy if you think Kaep is gonna scare him away.

Like someone else said, it has nothing to do with politics. We are only talking about performance here and he sucks.
Quote:Caldwell worked out Greg Hardy. Y'all crazy if you think Kaep is gonna scare him away.
NFL fans care more about protests than they do about the entire league regularly abusing women.
Quote:I didn't say anything about the staff. I said Jacksonville.

Either way, I could care less if the city of Jacksonville wouldn't like him, fans are fickle and frankly hypocritical. I don't necessarily agree with what Kaep stands for, but some of the same people who do cheer on domestic violence abusers etc.., where I'm getting at is if the guy is good on the field and wins games, fans won't care what he stands for off the field. Just win

Quote:Yeah, he restructured his deal in October. What is your point?

The restructure allows him to find another team after the season is over.
Pages: 1 2