Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Russell Johnson, who played The Professor on 'Gilligan's Island,' dies at age 89
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Russell Johnson, who played The Professor on 'Gilligan's Island,' dies at age 89

Actor Russell Johnson, who played The Professor on "Gilligan's Island," has died.

He was 89.

Johnson's agent told Fox News that the actor passed away at his home in Washington State on Thursday morning of natural causes, with his wife and daughter by his side.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...-at-age-8/

Freaky.....I was just searching him on Google images yesterday in looking for pictures for the picture thread.....was going to use his picture from Gilligans Island for Bullseye. 

Gawd this makes me feel old.

RIP

Only Ginger and Mary Ann left now...
Quote:Gawd this makes me feel old.

It's usually being old that makes you feel that way... :whistling:
Quote:It's usually being old that makes you feel that way... :whistling:

Yeah, good point.  Allow me to rephrase: Dang that Gilligan's Island crew got old.  

:thumbsup:
Quote:Yeah, good point.  Allow me to rephrase: Dang that Gilligan's Island crew got old.  

:thumbsup:

Oh...okay. I know what you mean! :thumbsup:
Quote:RIP

Only Ginger and Mary Ann left now...

The debate lives on!

Rest in Peace Professor. No one but no one could do more with coconuts than you.

I think that a suitable tribute to the memory of the Professor would be for us to post our favorite coconut based inventions that he came up with. Mine is the Lie Detector.
The bra.

Wait, was that Gilligan's Island?
Quote:The bra.

Wait, was that Gilligan's Island?

Not sure, but let's keep going with Mary Ann and Ginger getting outfitted for their drupe-based undergarments.
Quote:Not sure, but let's keep going with Mary Ann and Ginger getting outfitted for their drupe-based undergarments.

Drupe? I bet you want a quarter now for being able to whip that out in a sentence!! :thumbsup:
Don't act like you're not impressed.
Quote:Don't act like you're not impressed.

I didn't say I wasn't impressed!! :whistling:
Quote:Drupe? I bet you want a quarter now for being able to whip that out in a sentence!! :thumbsup:

I think he really meant droop-based.
Quote:I think he really meant droop-based.

Most definitely would be without the bras!