Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: One of the worst trades ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Colts traded a 1st round pick for a RB who has already been relegated to back up status..  3 carries for 1 measly yard?  Really?

Teams who spend #1 picks on RBs are fools, teams who trade first round picks for backs who are willing to admit the mistake of drafting that RB are bigger fools... there's only one back in this league who has lived up to his first round pick draft status and even he can't lift his team to playoff success.  I was right when I called this trade a colossal mistake, Trent Richardson is hot trash and was a product of a dominant Alabama Oline. (Look at the Heisman Ingram.. he's getting beat out by a UDFA)   You can get better backs off of the UDFA wire that have more talent and ability than Richardson does.  3 carries...1 yard... first round pick.. WTH

Anybody remember this..

JIM IRSAY TWITTER:

Quote: 

OMG...the Earth is SHAKING!!!!! Shock and AWE is coming VERY SOON!!!!!!!

Quote: 

Colts Nation...are you sitting DOWN!!!!!!

Quote: 

This day of MONSTER TRADE,The Tidal Wave Of Deal making...Shocks the system of "..Didn't see THIS ONE COMING!!!!!!" Grig's Rollin' Dice!

Quote: 

BREAKING NEWS: Here ya go Colts fans

Rolleyes I like the Colt posters on this board, but they need to tell their owner to stay off twitter and social media altogether. It was funny and cute at first... now it's just sad and embarrassing...and weird

I didn't get the trade at the time, but it's turned out way worse than I thought.

I just don't understand why you would trade for a rb with no special attributes. He doesn't even have any vision to make up for his slowness

Well I'm about to enjoy the most important meal of the day.

[Image: eatcrow.gif#eating%20crow%20561x490]

I thought the Browns were absolute fools to dump Trent.

Someone said in another thread that Trent couldn't find a hole on Phillips Highway. I laughed for way too long.

Quote:Well I'm about to enjoy the most important meal of the day.

[Image: eatcrow.gif#eating%20crow%20561x490]

I thought the Browns were absolute fools to dump Trent.

Break me off a wing.. at the time of the trade I called the guy a "rich man's Ron Dayne".  He isn't even that and I feel like I've insulted Ron Dayne despite how impossible that may seem.

You give Ron Dayne the ball 3 times.. he's going to pick up more than 1 freaking yard. 
Colts should've traded a 4th for MJD
I remember when he was playing for Cleveland the box score on ESPN would always saying something like 24 carries for 82 yards.  Then when the Colts traded for him I thought they made a mistake and was therefore happy.  I was worried though that there might be some truth that he was struggling in Cleveland because of the QB play, but that obviously wasn't the case.

Quote:I remember when he was playing for Cleveland the box score on ESPN would always saying something like 24 carries for 82 yards.  Then when the Colts traded for him I thought they made a mistake and was therefore happy.  I was worried though that there might be some truth that he was struggling in Cleveland because of the QB play, but that obviously wasn't the case.

He sucks.  I said it at the time of the trade.. he isn't a threat and has no long ball.  I don't care what his combine #s were, the dude is slow as hell and has no football speed.  His career long run is only 32 yards.  You don't spend first round picks on players like that.. you can pick up a player off the street for peanuts that have more ability and can give you better production.  I don't know why Irsay was going coo coo for coco puffs over that trade.

Most have been saying it here from the start, trading a 1st for any RB is risky business. Even if your getting an all star player the games just not built around RB's anymore, the teams that know this are the teams that get into the playoffs every year.

Initially, I thought Trent Richardson would be deadly with Andrew luck. I thought Richardson was held back in Cleveland. I'm glad the colts won't have a shot at one of the top wrs/OL
Well, I think it was a great trade, just not for the clots. But everybody else, and especially Cleveland, great trade.

126jags4life

I did not think it was a good trade for the Colts (Yay) but I have to admit I am absolutely stunned by how bad he has been - he has absolutely NO vision...

Quote:Initially, I thought Trent Richardson would be deadly with Andrew luck. I thought Richardson was held back in Cleveland. I'm glad the colts won't have a shot at one of the top wrs/OL

The draft is deep this year. They'll get a good one. Devante Adams could be there at their 1st rounder. 
Quote:The draft is deep this year. They'll get a good one. Devante Adams could be there at their 1st rounder.

What first rounder?
Quote:What first rounder?

oops....duh....well, scratch him off the list....he won't be there for their 2nd rounder....I wouldn't think....but as said, it is a deep draft especially at WR, and they'll probably still get a good one by the 50th or whatever pick they have for round 2. 
Quote:The draft is deep this year. They'll get a good one. Devante Adams could be there at their 1st rounder. 

Quote:What first rounder?

Quote:oops....duh....well, scratch him off the list....he won't be there for their 2nd rounder....I wouldn't think....but as said, it is a deep draft especially at WR, and they'll probably still get a good one by the 50th or whatever pick they have for round 2. 

LOL.  Sorry, I just found this really funny.  Thanks for the laugh.
Quote:http://forums.colts.com/topic/25656-bold...year-2014/

LOL

They sure are optimistic. I think we should offer them Gabbert for their 2nd rounder.
Quote:LOL.  Sorry, I just found this really funny.  Thanks for the laugh.

I know right?? 

I'm the only one that forgets/ makes a mistake. 

<chews popcorn> good stuff huh?... 

Quote:The Colts traded a 1st round pick for a RB who has already been relegated to back up status..  3 carries for 1 measly yard?  Really?

Teams who spend #1 picks on RBs are fools, teams who trade first round picks for backs who are willing to admit the mistake of drafting that RB are bigger fools... there's only one back in this league who has lived up to his first round pick draft status and even he can't lift his team to playoff success.  I was right when I called this trade a colossal mistake, Trent Richardson is hot trash and was a product of a dominant Alabama Oline. (Look at the Heisman Ingram.. he's getting beat out by a UDFA)   You can get better backs off of the UDFA wire that have more talent and ability than Richardson does.  3 carries...1 yard... first round pick.. WTH

Anybody remember this..

JIM IRSAY TWITTER:

Rolleyes I like the Colt posters on this board, but they need to tell their owner to stay off twitter and social media altogether. It was funny and cute at first... now it's just sad and embarrassing...and weird

Can you think of any running back trades that have worked out for the team receiving the running back?

Somebody? Anybody?
Pages: 1 2