Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Browns interested in trading for Garoppolo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't see a scenario where NE let's Jimmy G go. Unless someone does something stupid and offers like 3 firsts. Brady isn't going to play forever.
He's worth 3 first. For us it would be like trading away Alualu, Blackmon and Harvey. Jk
It is important to consider the source for this reason:

Lombardi didn’t work with the current brass in Cleveland, and when he was last with the Patriots Garoppolo had never started a regular-season game, so he may not have a lot of insight into the teams’ current thinking about Garoppolo’s worth.

I hope not. The Browns drafting Myles and then trading their second 1st rounder is my worst case scenario.
I think this deal could get done before the draft. The Pats are really good at trading away guys who are at the peak of their value and right now, Garrappolo's value is extremely high. He played well in relief for Brady, several teams desperately need QB's, this is a poor year to draft a QB, the UFA QB class is very weak, Tom Brady still looks like he has years of good play ahead of him and has expressed interest in playing for several more years and New England just spent a 3rd round pick on QB Jacoby Brissett who they are high on as well. They could trade Jimmy G. and spend the next 2-3 years developing Brissett as Brady's backup. It will likely cost the Browns both of their first round picks in 2017 and possibly an additional pick as well. The Browns get a proven QB though and the Pats get 2-3 high round picks to continue building an already great team. It's a perfect storm. 

Quote:I hope not. The Browns drafting Myles and then trading their second 1st rounder is my worst case scenario.

That won't happen unless their 2018 1st rounder is part of the deal. Jimmy G. will cost more than one 1st round pick. 
Quote:That won't happen unless their 2018 1st rounder is part of the deal. Jimmy G. will cost more than one 1st round pick.
He was a second round pick whos started like 6 games for the best franchise in football and isnt really anything more than average. Hes not going for multiple firsts lol what in the world.
Quote:He was a second round pick whos started like 6 games for the best franchise in football and isnt really anything more than average. Hes not going for multiple firsts lol what in the world.

Just watch what he gets traded for. If Sam Bradford and his limited abilities could get traded for a 1st and a 4th, for what is essentially one season of work in Minnesota, the Pats will be asking a lot more. Jimmy G. is a young QB who has the potential to become the face of a franchise for the next 8-10 years and he has a lot of upside. Bradford on the other hand has never been anything more than slightly average, injury prone and he has peaked in his abilities, yet he still warranted a 1st and a 4th. Jimmy will draw a lot more in returns for the Pats.
Quote:Just watch what he gets traded for. If Sam Bradford and his limited abilities could get traded for a 1st and a 4th, for what is essentially one season of work in Minnesota, the Pats will be asking a lot more. Jimmy G. is a young QB who has the potential to become the face of a franchise for the next 8-10 years and he has a lot of upside. Bradford on the other hand has never been anything more than slightly average, injury prone and he has peaked in his abilities, yet he still warranted a 1st and a 4th. Jimmy will draw a lot more in returns for the Pats.
The sam bradford trade was completely different lol. The Vikings are a pretty complete team and felt like they could burn a first. Sam was the only viable option available so they had to pay whatever the eagles wanted or risk their opportunity at competing in the playoffs.

Theres so many things wrong with applying this logic to jimmy garropolo its baffling. First off, there's absolutely nothing to suggest Jimmy has the potential to be a 10 year franchise qb. Hes started 2 games and played in a handful of others as cleanup duty for brady, and in the whopping 91 passes hes attempted he never showed anything more than a regular backup qb. Any upside he might have is just assumed really, theres no evidence to suggest hell ever be better than what he currently is, youre just assuming this purely based on age.

second, Sam bradford purely as a QB isnt worth a first, the situation the vikings were in made him a first round pick. So just drawing a straight line between Sam Bradford = 1st so Jimmy = ??? is asinine and lazy. The patriots arent going to ask for a first much less multiple firsts, and if they do then Jimmy is staying put. You can find a Jimmy Garrapolo in any draft. They got fleeced out of one of the top linebackers in the league for a third and a 10 sack pass rusher for a guard thats not even on their team anymore so the idea that they hold some magic to get the browns two top 15 picks for a backup qb that does nothing special is frankly just stupid. I feel kind of insane for even having to explain this.
Man

MULTIPLE First round picks

for Jimmy Garrapolo.

What planet do you live on thats some of the most wild [BLEEP] ive heard ever
I agree he is worth multiple 1st round picks. It doesn't matter that he was drafted in the 2nd.

I'd give up 3 first for Carr right now...he was drafted in round 2.
Quote:I agree he is worth multiple 1st round picks. It doesn't matter that he was drafted in the 2nd.

I'd give up 3 first for Carr right now...he was drafted in round 2.

Carr is one thing , Jimmy is quite another.
Quote:Man

MULTIPLE First round picks

for Jimmy Garrapolo.

What planet do you live on thats some of the most wild [BAD WORD REMOVED] ive heard ever

I guess that means Paxton Lynch is worth multiple 1st round picks too.
Quote:The sam bradford trade was completely different lol. The Vikings are a pretty complete team and felt like they could burn a first. Sam was the only viable option available so they had to pay whatever the eagles wanted or risk their opportunity at competing in the playoffs.

Theres so many things wrong with applying this logic to jimmy garropolo its baffling. First off, there's absolutely nothing to suggest Jimmy has the potential to be a 10 year franchise qb. Hes started 2 games and played in a handful of others as cleanup duty for brady, and in the whopping 91 passes hes attempted he never showed anything more than a regular backup qb. Any upside he might have is just assumed really, theres no evidence to suggest hell ever be better than what he currently is, youre just assuming this purely based on age.

second, Sam bradford purely as a QB isnt worth a first, the situation the vikings were in made him a first round pick. So just drawing a straight line between Sam Bradford = 1st so Jimmy = ??? is asinine and lazy. The patriots arent going to ask for a first much less multiple firsts, and if they do then Jimmy is staying put. You can find a Jimmy Garrapolo in any draft. They got fleeced out of one of the top linebackers in the league for a third and a 10 sack pass rusher for a guard thats not even on their team anymore so the idea that they hold some magic to get the browns two top 15 picks for a backup qb that does nothing special is frankly just stupid. I feel kind of insane for even having to explain this.

There is a link between Bradford and Jimmy G. Teams in desperate need of a QB are willing to overpay. Right now if Sam Bradford and Jimmy G. were on the free agent market, who do you think would draw more interest? I'll give you a hint, it isn't Bradford. People know the Vikings were fleeced by the Eagles on that deal. Say what you want about Garrapolo, but he's younger, has more upside and has sat behind arguably the best QB to ever play the game. Teams will be more than willing to give up multiple high round picks for this guy. Look what Washington gave up just to draft RG3 and he was a completely unproven player in the NFL. At least Jimmy G. has played well in his limited playing time and would be starting on many other teams. Believe what you want, but the Pats will get a big haul in return for Garrappolo. Many teams are actually worse off than we are at QB and will pay just about any price the Pats put on him. 
Quote:I guess that means Paxton Lynch is worth multiple 1st round picks too.

I know the Broncos only moved up five spots to pick him. His spot duty has shown he would not be worth an additional first round pick.
Quote:There is a link between Bradford and Jimmy G. Teams in desperate need of a QB are willing to overpay. Right now if Sam Bradford and Jimmy G. were on the free agent market, who do you think would draw more interest? I'll give you a hint, it isn't Bradford. People know the Vikings were fleeced by the Eagles on that deal. Say what you want about Garrapolo, but he's younger, has more upside and has sat behind arguably the best QB to ever play the game. Teams will be more than willing to give up multiple high round picks for this guy. Look what Washington gave up just to draft RG3 and he was a completely unproven player in the NFL. At least Jimmy G. has played well in his limited playing time and would be starting on many other teams. Believe what you want, but the Pats will get a big haul in return for Garrappolo. Many teams are actually worse off than we are at QB and will pay just about any price the Pats put on him.
Wjo draws more interest in free agency means absolutely nothing, contracts and draft picks arent the same thing. The vikings didnt get fleeced at all. A first round pick for them wasnt a detriment given how complete they are, they took a shot to rent a qb and take advantage of their window. It didnt work out but thats not on bradford.

What is Jimmys upside? Can you break down why you think hell get vastly better at anything besides just assuming so because he hasnt played? Because Brock Osweiler was young and sat behind one of the greatest qbs to ever play and his upside is nowhere to be found, or how about Ryan Mallets upside? or how about Landry Jones? He was young once, sat behind big ben for awhile and hes still a [BLEEP] quarterback. This upside thing is a fallacy. No one is giving up multiple firsts for Jimmy Garropolo.

let me repeat this one more time. NO ONE IS PAYING MULTIPLE FIRSTS FOR A BACKUP WHO HAS STARTED 2 GAMES.

The idea that Sam Bradford got a first round pick only because of the situation the Vikings were in does not apply to Jimmy. It has nothing to do with what hell get, and it doesnt change the value of first round picks going forward.

Jimmy Garropolo is not worth multiple firsts

He isnt. There's absolutely no justification for this idea. Its just flat out wrong, and it isnt happening.
You guys are really so used to such bad quarterbacks that anybody who resembles half decent is suddenly worth mutiple firsts my god. Im actually baffled I had illustrate why a guy whos played two games and been average in both isnt worth so much.
Quote:Wjo draws more interest in free agency means absolutely nothing, contracts and draft picks arent the same thing. The vikings didnt get fleeced at all. A first round pick for them wasnt a detriment given how complete they are, they took a shot to rent a qb and take advantage of their window. It didnt work out but thats not on bradford.

What is Jimmys upside? Can you break down why you think hell get vastly better at anything besides just assuming so because he hasnt played? Because Brock Osweiler was young and sat behind one of the greatest qbs to ever play and his upside is nowhere to be found, or how about Ryan Mallets upside? or how about Landry Jones? He was young once, sat behind big ben for awhile and hes still a [BAD WORD REMOVED] quarterback. This upside thing is a fallacy. No one is giving up multiple firsts for Jimmy Garropolo.

let me repeat this one more time. NO ONE IS PAYING MULTIPLE FIRSTS FOR A BACKUP WHO HAS STARTED 2 GAMES.

The idea that Sam Bradford got a first round pick only because of the situation the Vikings were in does not apply to Jimmy. It has nothing to do with what hell get, and it doesnt change the value of first round picks going forward.

Jimmy Garropolo is not worth multiple firsts

He isnt. There's absolutely no justification for this idea. Its just flat out wrong, and it isnt happening.

I never said Jimmy G. was worth multiple first, but someone is likely going to pay it. At worst, the Pats will get a 1st and a 2nd. QB's get overvalued and when there are as many QB starved teams as there is now and a draft class that is so poor, there may not even be a single QB taken in round 1, (if Trubisky stays in school), then guys like Jimmy G. are going to attract a lot of interest. The more interest there is, the higher the price tag will be. It's simply supply and demand.
Quote:You guys are really so used to such bad quarterbacks that anybody who resembles half decent is suddenly worth mutiple firsts my god. Im actually baffled I had illustrate why a guy whos played two games and been average in both isnt worth so much.

You are certainly welcome to your opinion, but when Jimmy G. does get moved, we'll see who was right.
Pages: 1 2