Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rank the franchise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The season is over for the Jacksonville Jaguars so how do you feel the Owner, GM, HC, OC, DC, and ST coach did this season?

How do you feel the owner did as far as hiring the right GM for his franchise, dealings with the media, etc?

How do you feel the GM did as far as drafting this year, free agency, trading (or lack there of), hiring of coaching staff, player contracts, and dealing with the media?

How do you feel the Head Coach performed in player development, playbook, motivation, team prepardiness, dealings with the media, player selections, among other aspects?

How do you feel the OC, DC, Special teams coach performed?

Would you demand that any of them be replaced (with the exception of the Owner because you can ask any Redskins fan that wont happen)?  Do you feel a coach should be promoted either on this team or another team?  How do feel the fans are for the team, do we support them as far as full attendance, following the team on the road compared to other teams, etc?

Let's break it down and keep this offseason interesting.

I'll add mine in a post below.

I gave 3 goods because although its too early to go overboard, the signs are positive.

Gus had the team playing hard to the end, given how bad things were early on, that is a legit achievement.

Serveral of Caldwell's picks made a positive impact and if Joeckel and Gratz can get healthy and contribute, its a good draft.

Khan did his homework on the hires and although some disagree with some of what he has done, he is seems committed to Jax and will do what needs to be done to get results.

This team is headed in the right direction, that's for sure.
I gave all 3 of them "good" scores for now, it was a decent first year they showed progress. The real rubber meets the road this year, we should be competitive this year anything less and we're not heading in the right direction.

I'm not convinced Gus is better than mediocre so far.

People around here are crediting him with doubling the win total from last season, but I don't see it. If the texans don't fall flat on their faces Gus would have had the same win total as the 2012 team and done nothing I would consider significant regarding making guys that appeared to be poor players suddenly shine and break out.

I take issue with calling Gene Smith 'average'.  He's replaced Matt Millen as the worst NFL GM in recent history.  

Gus - Good

Dave - Too early to tell

Shad - Stacheriffic.

I gave all 3 "average" as of this point in time. 

Gus hasn't proven anything yet other than that he can beat other bad teams when they out-suck us. 

Caldwell's draft seemed good, but I also remember Gene Smith's first draft seeming pretty good at this point in time in 2010. 

Shad Khan has injected some life into the franchise, but his coaching choice of Bradley, when Andy Reid & Chip Kelly were available leads me to question just "how" serious he is about winning here. I mean, all owners "want" to win, but some put more coin out or get better advice on who to hire to make it happen, apparently.  

Too early.
Quote:I gave all 3 "average" as of this point in time. 

Gus hasn't proven anything yet other than that he can beat other bad teams when they out-suck us. 

Caldwell's draft seemed good, but I also remember Gene Smith's first draft seeming pretty good at this point in time in 2010. 

Shad Khan has injected some life into the franchise, but his coaching choice of Bradley, when Andy Reid & Chip Kelly were available leads me to question just "how" serious he is about winning here. I mean, all owners "want" to win, but some put more coin out or get better advice on who to hire to make it happen, apparently.
Wasn't Caldwell the one that hired Bradley?
The offense is atrocious. We need Joeckel and Blackmon to return. The postseason conference with Gus and Dave was hilarious. Name a position of strength on the offense and the two of them were drawing blanks, finally saying Joeckel/Pasztor and Lewis/Harbor. We lack weapons, our line could be better, and we have no QB
Edit: We need Joeckel to return. We need a QB, we need a #1 receiver (even if Blackmon returns I'm not sure he's ever going to be elite), and a RB and receiving TE wouldn't hurt. Defense, same old story. We need a passrush
Quote:Wasn't Caldwell the one that hired Bradley?

You don't think Khan had any input at all? If Khan wanted to spend for Kelly or Reid, one of them would be here. Caldwell likely picked Bradley based off of the amount they were willing to spend on a coach. Bradley was chosen from similarly likely priced candidates. Reid and Kelly were coaches that topped out at 6+ MIL per year. I don't think Khan wanted to spend that much on a coach, especially because he was eating Mularkey & Gene's contracts. 
Quote:You don't think Khan had any input at all? If Khan wanted to spend for Kelly or Reid, one of them would be here. Caldwell likely picked Bradley based off of the amount they were willing to spend on a coach. Bradley was chosen from similarly likely priced candidates. Reid and Kelly were coaches that topped out at 6+ MIL per year. I don't think Khan wanted to spend that much on a coach, especially because he was eating Mularkey & Gene's contracts. 

I doubt Chip Kelly would have come here for 10 million a year.  Same with Andy Reid.
Quote:I doubt Chip Kelly would have come here for 10 million a year.  Same with Andy Reid.

Maybe, maybe not. 

Moot. Khan wasn't paying either even 5 MIL per. 
Quote:Maybe, maybe not. 

Moot. Khan wasn't paying either even 5 MIL per. 

Glad you and him had a nice sit down, and discussed what he was willing to pay your favorite candidates. 

It's not moot.  Kelly wouldn't have to even come in for an interview if he didn't want to.  Bill O'Brien refused back when we hire Mularkey.
They did pretty good.  I can't give anyone a great grade because we did only win 4 games but pretty good.

I said "great", "good" and "good," although I do agree with TMD's sig.

Lol we could go 0-16 and you guys will still say ahh they did good..Khan gets a good grade, for his determination for success, and his investments! Caldwell was just above average, his draft picks look good, feel like he could've bought in a couple more FA that could have been a impact,Gus I like a lot, did just an average job, if he had won 8 games id say good..
Quote:Glad you and him had a nice sit down, and discussed what he was willing to pay your favorite candidates. 

It's not moot.  Kelly wouldn't have to even come in for an interview if he didn't want to.  Bill O'Brien refused back when we hire Mularkey.
You sound so ignorant with your last statement that you owe everyone who read this an apology for your misinformed information. Bill O'Brien didn't refuse to come here because we was a bad or cheap franchise it was because with Gene Smith at the helm a person wasn't getting the head coaching job unless they was sold on Gabbert being the Franchise QB. The story was that Bill O'Brien wanted to bring in Brian Hoyer to be his own guy because he was a back up for the Patriots at the time but Gene wasn't going to hire anyone unless they could be on board with Gabbert as the QB. Mike Mularkey said in the interview that he could fix Gabbert and his confidence from the horrific rookie year he had experienced so Gene hired him because he was desperate. Jay Gruden turned down the interview for the head coaching job for the same reason and then tried to get the job after Gene Smith was no longer the GM last year. 
Quote:You sound so ignorant with your last statement that you owe everyone who read this an apology for your misinformed information. Bill O'Brien didn't refuse to come here because we was a bad or cheap franchise it was because with Gene Smith at the helm a person wasn't getting the head coaching job unless they was sold on Gabbert being the Franchise QB. The story was that Bill O'Brien wanted to bring in Brian Hoyer to be his own guy because he was a back up for the Patriots at the time but Gene wasn't going to hire anyone unless they could be on board with Gabbert as the QB. Mike Mularkey said in the interview that he could fix Gabbert and his confidence from the horrific rookie year he had experienced so Gene hired him because he was desperate. Jay Gruden turned down the interview for the head coaching job for the same reason and then tried to get the job after Gene Smith was no longer the GM last year. 

Ah Gene Smith......the gift that just keeps on giving....

So essentially, Gene not only cost us Bill O Brien coming here, but indirectly can be blamed for O Brien now being with a division rival!....

I think I might just hate Gene Smith after all of this. Wallbash 
Pages: 1 2 3