Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ESPN's Chris Berman's Wife Killed In Car Accident
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow ... that is terrible. 

[Image: chris-berman-kathy-berman-4.jpg]

username123

Very sad news indeed.  My thoughts and prayers for him and his family.

very sad for both families . Blush 

Very sad news

Car accidents are so nasty. I was so lucky to walk away from a bad one at I-10 a few years ago.

Horrible and shocking news. 

Ironically,  the NY Post had a feature sports article about Chris Berman 2 days prior to the tragedy.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/07/how-chris-b...e-at-espn/

Quote:Very sad news

Car accidents are so nasty. I was so lucky to walk away from a bad one at I-10 a few years ago.

Congrats on your fortunate outcome.  It is crazy to think that a single instance can totally wipe out one's existence and it doesn't even have to be the victims fault ..... wrong place at the wrong time (sad).
Quote:Congrats on your fortunate outcome.  It is crazy to think that a single instance can totally wipe out one's existence and it doesn't even have to be the victims fault ..... wrong place at the wrong time (sad).

Yep. It is why simply learning how to drive these days isn't enough. Defensive driving is just as important if not more. Not necessarily speaking about the Berman tragedy per say, but there are some REALLY terrible drivers out there who clearly have the "it could never happen to me" mentality. I see young kids swerving in and out of traffic on regular roads like they are in the Daytona 500 and there is NEVER a cop there to teach them a life lesson. 

I just hope and pray that when my kids start driving in 12 years, they have mostly perfected self driving cars.

Awful tragedy, but I couldn't post without asking.... what in the hell is an 87 year old doing with a valid drivers license?

Thoughts and prayers to his family from mine.