Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Congratulations Colts fans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

This was absolutely one of the best playoff games in recent memory. Over 1,000+ yards of total offense by both teams, and a wild 45-44 finish. The Chiefs just flat out choked on this one by blowing a 28 point lead.

I was probably one of the few non-Colts fans on here that actually gave the Colts a chance of getting past the 1st round. It's going to be a real tough game next week for you guys going up to either New England, or Mile High, but this team really showed a lot of guts and heart out there today. I only wish that the Jags could be as fortunate as you all right now...

This division is going to be real interesting next season with the Jags new franchise QB, Texans with O'Brien, and Tennessee with their new HC.

wth is wrong with you, it's spelled c-l-o-t-s NO CAPITALS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good game. I called that comeback, for what it's worth.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Andy Reid can't win in the playoffs.

Peyton vs Luck AFC championship probably. 

Sometimes I feel like the NFL is fixed lol

That was crazy. One of the best games I've been to. Right up there with Patriots AFCCG in the '06 season.

Defense sucked all game, but man. This team NEVER gives up. NEVER. Can't count them out. Wow. Crazy game.

This was one of the best games I have ever attended. I am sky high. Congrats to the Indianapolis Colts!

Quote:Peyton vs Luck AFC championship probably. 

Sometimes I feel like the NFL is fixed lol

The NFL is without a doubt fixed, but Luck is a legit QB. 
This is what happens when you have a real franchise QB with a so-so supporting casts and a game manager with great talents around him.  The longer the game goes on, the team with the better QB usually prevails.  This game was a great example of that.
Great comeback win by Indianapolis.  Both teams had major injury problems they had to overcome.  To the Colts credit,  they stepped up on both sides of the ball when needed the most.   This is yet another game that reinforces why I believe Andre Luck is already a top 5 QB.    Luck has tremendous skills but as much as anything thrives when the Colts have very little margin of error.   T.Y. Hilton's performance was off the charts.

For a young QB, Luck certainly has the best internal clock and reaction time I've ever seen. 

Quote:For a young QB, Luck certainly has the best internal clock and reaction time I've ever seen. 

In addition to that,  Andrew Luck has the physical talent to go with what you expressed.  He has the mobility,  size,  and strength to buy time and create plays.

The fumble recovery TD by Luck is a good example of Luck reacting quickly,  then letting his athletic skills take over.  
We shouldn't be talking about Luck. It was a good comeback but he would have killed the team against a good side. We should be talking about Hilton. That was the most dominant display I've ever seen in the playoffs from a wr. Most of his catches there wasn't a defender near him.
Indy was fortunate the Jags gave them that week 17 test in the regular season. It was the obvious difference in this game.
Luck and Roethlisberger look similar in the pocket; both are big strong horses who aren't terribly concerned about a rushing DE who they most likely outweigh.  They know their physical size and strength can buy them a couple more beats of time if they see a route opening up down field.  Luck's wherewithal and confidence to pick up the fumble and dive it in separates him from about 80% of other QBs.  Could you imagine Brady trying something like that?  

Seeing Luck play makes me clamor for Bortles/Bridgewater even more (prefer Bortles).  Lucks pocket awareness is off the charts and I see a lot of that in Bortles/Bridgewater (All 3 always have their head up and down field and slide in the pocket masterfully). I am not saying either is going to be like Luck, but we need to find out.  If one of the two is available and we pass I am going to lose my mind.

I honestly think that if KC didn't lose half of their team to injuries in one game it would have been different, but they kept going down player after player. It's hard to win when your Qb doesn't know anyone left on his offense except for Bowe. But this game also made me like Alex Smith even more just from the aspect that he's good enough to avoid the rush and just stepped up in the pocket and was like, bye Mathis, as he goes down the field. He really did make him look bad most of the night with the exception of the one strip fumble.  But yeah, flowers going out probably is what sealed the deal for them. 

Quote:We shouldn't be talking about Luck. It was a good comeback but he would have killed the team against a good side. We should be talking about Hilton. That was the most dominant display I've ever seen in the playoffs from a wr. Most of his catches there wasn't a defender near him.

Yeah and a lot of that was coverage breakdown/ blown assignment. Thats a big reason he was so wide open on a lot of those receptions. It was hardly "the most dominant display of a WR in the playoffs ever". Thats laughable. 

Just off the top of my head, Terrell Owens had a more dominant display as a WR in the SB and his team lost. 
Quote:Seeing Luck play makes me clamor for Bortles/Bridgewater even more (prefer Bortles).  Lucks pocket awareness is off the charts and I see a lot of that in Bortles/Bridgewater (All 3 always have their head up and down field and slide in the pocket masterfully). I am not saying either is going to be like Luck, but we need to find out.  If one of the two is available and we pass I am going to lose my mind.

...especially Bridgewater. 
Quote:I honestly think that if KC didn't lose half of their team to injuries in one game it would have been different, but they kept going down player after player. It's hard to win when your Qb doesn't know anyone left on his offense except for Bowe. But this game also made me like Alex Smith even more just from the aspect that he's good enough to avoid the rush and just stepped up in the pocket and was like, bye Mathis, as he goes down the field. He really did make him look bad most of the night with the exception of the one strip fumble.  But yeah, flowers going out probably is what sealed the deal for them. 

Especially losing their MVP in the first couple plays of the game. 

The Colts defense aside from the one DE, sucks. 
Quote:I honestly think that if KC didn't lose half of their team to injuries in one game it would have been different, but they kept going down player after player. It's hard to win when your Qb doesn't know anyone left on his offense except for Bowe. But this game also made me like Alex Smith even more just from the aspect that he's good enough to avoid the rush and just stepped up in the pocket and was like, bye Mathis, as he goes down the field. He really did make him look bad most of the night with the exception of the one strip fumble.  But yeah, flowers going out probably is what sealed the deal for them. 
Alex Smith is who he is.  A verteran QB who limits his mistake and make some plays when he is given enough time.  But we all saw what happens when the pressure is on; he's not a playmaker.  When he missed that wide open TD throw that could have given the chiefs a 17 pts lead, I thought to myself "Smith just lost them the game".
Pages: 1 2