Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What are Colts & Titans fans views on the Texans coaching hire of O Brien?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I already know most of the Jags fans opinions (which are the typical underrating/ dismissing him as no threat, per usual as we continue to sit with a garbage record for the last 14 years).....but I am curious to hear of what Colts & Titans fans think of the hire? Does it make you think your team will now have a tougher road to the division title than otherwise thought? 

I'm sure they're curled up in balls sucking their thumbs in pure, unadulterated fear at the thought of O'Brien just like all of us Jags fans.

Lord save us.

...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:I'm sure they're curled up in balls sucking their thumbs in pure, unadulterated fear at the thought of O'Brien just like all of us Jags fans.

Lord save us.

...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No, actually most Jags fans have done their typical "we don't fear him" crap, just like they did when the Colts secured Andrew Luck...
Quote:No, actually most Jags fans have done their typical "we don't fear him" crap, just like they did when the Colts secured Andrew Luck...

I see. Well, being afraid won't help one's chances, especially in football.
Quote:I see. Well, being afraid won't help one's chances, especially in football.

No, but acknowledgement of quality rather than the usual "brush-off" of good interdivisional acquisitions by most Jags fans that post here, at least shows intelligence/ awareness. 

Quote:No, but acknowledgement of quality rather than the usual "brush-off" of good interdivisional acquisitions by most Jags fans that post here, at least shows intelligence/ awareness. 

Agreed. Taking opponents for granted is a recipe for disaster anyway. 
I don't recall people poo pooing Luck. I actually remember people cursing the end of the Manning era being the start of the Luck era. That said.. I am not blown away by the O'Brien hire. I get that you are. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. That team has talent on the roster and I can't imagine he will be worse than Kubiak, but the hire doesn't intimidate me or induce fear nearly as much as the Colts drafting Luck who I view as a true franchise QB. But I don't think it would be productive to blast Jags fans for not being buttchinophobic at this time. Dude hasn't earned a thing yet.
Quote:I don't recall people poo pooing Luck. I actually remember people cursing the end of the Manning era being the start of the Luck era. That said.. I am not blown away by the O'Brien hire. I get that you are. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. That team has talent on the roster and I can't imagine he will be worse than Kubiak, but the hire doesn't intimidate me or induce fear nearly as much as the Colts drafting Luck who I view as a true franchise QB. But I don't think it would be productive to blast Jags fans for not being buttchinophobic at this time. Dude hasn't earned a thing yet.

Do you read all of the Luck threads on this board since he's been a Colt?? :blink: You'd think he was on par with Chad Henne to read what some of these people have said about him over the past 2 years. Weak arm, bad decision maker, looks like a gargoyle (that one at least was an accurate, gotta give them credit),...

I may have missed some person bashing the pick, but I never felt like he was anything, but a great prospect. I just think a lot of coaches have gotten jobs because of their association with Belichick and none of them has done squat in the NFL. Saban is the best of the bunch in my opinion, but was awful in the NFL. Mangini? Please. McDaniels may get the Cleveland gig, but he is garbage too. Al Groh.. Are we gonna go there? Jim Schwartz just set the record for worst 5 year period for a first time HC. Crenell is a good DC, but average at best HC. What makes O'Brien any different than these guys?
Quote:I may have missed some person bashing the pick, but I never felt like he was anything, but a great prospect. I just think a lot of coaches have gotten jobs because of their association with Belichick and none of them has done squat in the NFL. Saban is the best of the bunch in my opinion, but was awful in the NFL. Mangini? Please. McDaniels may get the Cleveland gig, but he is garbage too. Al Groh.. Are we gonna go there? Jim Schwartz just set the record for worst 5 year period for a first time HC. Crenell is a good DC, but average at best HC. What makes O'Brien any different than these guys?

For one?....head coaching experience. 
Quote:For one?....head coaching experience. 

for two? or three?
Saban had significantly more HC experience and was much more accomplished on that level. I get Penn St. was severely handicapped, but what was so amazing that he did there?
Quote:Saban had significantly more HC experience and was much more accomplished on that level. I get Penn St. was severely handicapped, but what was so amazing that he did there?

How about the rest?
Quote:I already know most of the Jags fans opinions (which are the typical underrating/ dismissing him as no threat, per usual as we continue to sit with a garbage record for the last 14 years).....but I am curious to hear of what Colts & Titans fans think of the hire? Does it make you think your team will now have a tougher road to the division title than otherwise thought? 

Do you ever get tired of doing this every day?
The others did not.

So your argument is that a 15-9 record as a head coach for a team that had no signature win is not only going to make him a solid NFL coach, but a better one than a coach who won a title at the collegiate level.
Quote:Do you ever get tired of doing this every day?

Are you a Titan/ Colts fan? If not, please move along.....I am asking for their opinions. 
Quote:The others did not.

So your argument is that a 15-9 record as a head coach for a team that had no signature win is not only going to make him a solid NFL coach, but a better one than a coach who won a title at the collegiate level.

Its hard to explain Saban's failure in the NFL unless he's like Spurrier and punches the clock from 9-5. 

Quote:Are you a Titan/ Colts fan? If not, please move along.....I am asking for their opinions. 

I doubt they take you very seriously either.
I will rephrase.. what can you point to in O'Brien's background that leads you to believe he will be a successful head coach in the NFL. Because so far, it sounds like your opinion.
..says a Jags fan.
Pages: 1 2