Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texans willing to trade number 1 pick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
According to espn, ”Texans owner Bob McNair open to trading No. 1 pick, still draft QB and defensive player later''

What do you guys think?
Didn't see this posted anywhere...
That decision would be made in march or April. And of course they are willing to trade if they can rob someone like the redskins. The browns have the firepower to move up.
That's because they want Manziel.

I'd bet any of the top 3 teams are willing to trade down if they can get a boat load of picks for doing so. 

Who wouldn't want an RG3 type return for a single draft pick??

isn't he like 102 years old? Off his rocker.

Quote:That's because they want Manziel.

I'd bet most of their fans do. 
Quote:I'd bet any of the top 3 teams are willing to trade down if they can get a boat load of picks for doing so. 

Who wouldn't want an RG3 type return for a single draft pick??

Agreed.  Especially since there's not a true consensus # 1 pick or a player that's almost universally considered a Super Blue Chip prospect in this draft.
Since when does a Texans topic or a Draft topic go in the Jaguars forum?

This makes you think, maybe they don't think Teddy is 100% THE guy.

And PAjagsfan, I was more wondering what people thought about it from a jags perspective. I wonder if the Texans would trade with a division rival of the price was right
Quote:This makes you think, maybe they don't think Teddy is 100% THE guy.

While possible, it also makes you think that they are just trying to maximize as much value from this draft as they can. 

If they can trade down and still get a good QB, like Manziel or Bortles, and then enjoy a ton of extra picks for trading down, thats not a bad option. They probably do have their eye on another QB than Teddy, or at the very least aren't going to put all their eggs in one QB's basket, just in case a giant trade offer comes about. 

I think they will take Teddy unless they get a trade offer they cannot refuse, so to speak. 
Quote:While possible, it also makes you think that they are just trying to maximize as much value from this draft as they can. 

If they can trade down and still get a good QB, like Manziel or Bortles, and then enjoy a ton of extra picks for trading down, thats not a bad option. They probably do have their eye on another QB than Teddy, or at the very least aren't going to put all their eggs in one QB's basket, just in case a giant trade offer comes about. 

I think they will take Teddy unless they get a trade offer they cannot refuse, so to speak. 

So, is the world still ending if the tinhorns trade out of #1, we get Teddy, and they stockpile draft picks?
Quote:So, is the world still ending if the tinhorns trade out of #1, we get Teddy, and they stockpile draft picks?

For the Texans to be willing to give the Division Rival Jaguars the # 1 pick,  it wouldn't surprise me if they insisted on an RGIII like trade package that the St. Louis Rams received from the Washington Redskins.  That's a price the Jaguars likely and smartly wouldn't pay.  But that might be the only way the Jaguars can get the # 1 pick.
Quote:This makes you think, maybe they don't think Teddy is 100% THE guy.

I'd be willing to bet every team that has ever had the first pick would be willing to trade. 
Quote:So, is the world still ending if the tinhorns trade out of #1, we get Teddy, and they stockpile draft picks?

Neither option of the Texans taking Teddy at 1 or trading down for a boatload of picks, which will likely span multiple drafts, and still getting Bortles or Manziel, is a good situation for the Jaguars, given they are in our division. 

Quote:For the Texans to be willing to give the Division Rival Jaguars the # 1 pick,  it wouldn't surprise me if they insisted on an RGIII like trade package that the St. Louis Rams received from the Washington Redskins.  That's a price the Jaguars likely and smartly wouldn't pay.  But that might be the only way the Jaguars can get the # 1 pick.

Hardly a snowballs chance in hell that the Texans trade with the Jags regarding the top pick....put it this way.....for the Texans to deal with the Jags for that pick, it would take a deal bigger than the RG3 deal....and we're not dumb enough to do that, I'd trust. 
Quote:I'd bet most of their fans do. 

From what I've seen, most of their fans are on the Bridgewater bandwagon.
Quote:Neither option of the Texans taking Teddy at 1 or trading down for a boatload of picks, which will likely span multiple drafts, and still getting Bortles or Manziel, is a good situation for the Jaguars, given they are in our division. 

Hardly a snowballs chance in hell that the Texans trade with the Jags regarding the top pick....put it this way.....for the Texans to deal with the Jags for that pick, it would take a deal bigger than the RG3 deal....and we're not dumb enough to do that, I'd trust. 

doubtful. rg3 was more coveted by the skins than teddy is probably by any team.

also, the texans wouldnt spite themselves just to spite the jaguars, if they got a fair trade deal they wouldnt reject it because its a win/win.
That RG3 deal was lightning in a bottle. A deal on that level won't happen for a long time, so I wouldn't worry about Houston getting anything near that for the first overall selection.

So wait....The Texans aren't ga-ga in love with Teddy?
Quote:So wait....The Texans aren't ga-ga in love with Teddy?

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't.....Either way, they are smartly playing this. Get the most value you can. If the offers aren't good enough, then they simply take Bridgewater. If a big offer presents itself, they don't paralyze themselves by falling in love with only one player - and trade down, stockpile picks and still get either Manziel or Bortles. 

Pages: 1 2 3