Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: John Glenn, American hero, aviation icon and former U.S. senator, dies at 95
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

John Glenn, American hero, aviation icon and former U.S. senator, dies at 95

His legend is other-worldly and now, in his 95th year, that’s where John Glenn has gone.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/...lenn.html#

They should do some research related to the remnants of the moon to see if there was any direct correlation between the "physical and chemical matter on the moon" and his abrupt death.

He is forever among the stars now. RIP Mr. Glenn. 

It's unfortunate that this generation is dying off. They contributed so much to this country in so many ways. Was it all sunshine and rainbows? No, but they had something no one else of any generation has and that is parents who lived through the Great Depression and instilled a sense of purpose in their children that no other event in history could shape. They weren't perfect but there is a reason they are called the "Greatest Generation," originally called so by Tom Brokaw.

I'm just waiting for the Trump tweet ....

"I like living astronauts"

Man...2016 is trying to squeeze in as many deaths of the great ones this year as it possibly can.

RIP
God Speed, John Glenn.
Quote:He is forever among the stars now. RIP Mr. Glenn. 

It's unfortunate that this generation is dying off. They contributed so much to this country in so many ways. Was it all sunshine and rainbows? No, but they had something no one else of any generation has and that is parents who lived through the Great Depression and instilled a sense of purpose in their children that no other event in history could shape. They weren't perfect but there is a reason they are called the "Greatest Generation," originally called so by Tom Brokaw.

Think about the innovation and creation done by his generation and what it has brought us.  What they accomplished was done by pencil and paper, not computers.  Ironically, computer technology developed at a rapid pace following their accomplishments.

The more recent generation(s) have given us twitter and facebook.  I guess you could call that an "accomplishment".  After all, in today's society "failure" and "losers" don't exist.

May God Bless him and may he RIP.
Very sad news, but at least he lived a long time. RIP John.

For those of you who don't know, John Glenn was the first American to orbit Earth before he joined the U.S. Senate in 1974.

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/12/.../21623630/

Damn that sucks..

RIP Mr. Glenn
Quote:Damn that sucks..

RIP Mr. Glenn

He was 95...he had a nice long life.
Quote:They should do some research related to the remnants of the moon to see if there was any direct correlation between the "physical and chemical matter on the moon" and his abrupt death.

If you read the article, you can clearly see there is no connection. He went to space in 1962.

Also, it was not an abrupt death. He had cancer.

A true patriot. RIP.

Thoughts and prayers for his family.

RIP.
True iconic American hero. God speed John Glenn
Quote:https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/to...ies-at-95/

Commemoration of Senator Glenn's death has relevance in this forum, too. He was a politician the kind of which we have precious few now. A true American hero, and one of the few statesman politicians, who refused to go negative when campaigning. I can only imagine how much the last few election cycles must have disappointed him.

As a child growing up during the space race, John Glenn inspired us to be curious about science, math and the possibilities beyond our own experience.

RIP John Glenn, a true Great American Hero.

Quote:Commemoration of Senator Glenn's death has relevance in this forum, too. He was a politician the kind of which we have precious few now. A true American hero, and one of the few statesman politicians, who refused to go negative when campaigning. I can only imagine how much the last few election cycles must have disappointed him.

As a child growing up during the space race, John Glenn inspired us to be curious about science, math and the possibilities beyond our own experience.

RIP John Glenn, a true Great American Hero.

It's a good thing I just posted the link to another thread on the same subject in cas anyone missed what was said there and didn't say anything about it being on the wrong board.
More than a few election cycles, in fact. We all would love to have more politicians like him on the campaign trail.

Quote:It's a good thing I just posted the link to another thread on the same subject in cas anyone missed what was said there and didn't say anything about it being on the wrong board.

It's a good thing said reference was quoted without comment on what was or wasn't said, merely recognition of political implication.
Pages: 1 2