Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Todd Wash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure if this has already been discussed, I haven't been around here for a while, but would you want our next HC to retain Walsh? For me, I'd say absolutely yes, I wouldn't want to mess with something that is really good and getting better by the week.  If you eliminate awful field position by Blake and special teams, and get the pass rush a little more in tune, this is a solid top 5 defense, no doubt about it. I wouldn't mess with it by bringing in a new guy.  What do you say?

Wash

I like him much better than Babich, but I wouldn't mind seeing some scheme tweaks. Sometimes the amount of zone coverage just seems to be begging for a LB or secondary player to blow a coverage. It makes it too easy for opponents to find soft spots in coverage and opens up the "underneath stuff" very readily for the better coordinators and QBs. 

That said, this defense seems to be only a piece or two away from actually playing this defensive scheme on a high level. I'm on the fence, but I think Dave or a new GM will just clean house unless Sully wants to stay in Jax. 

If Bill Walsh has a son named Todd, then yes.

Mods, please edit thread title.

I want a DC who uses a lot more man coverage. Zone coverage allows opponents to get first downs before our DBs arrive to tackle ball carriers. With man coverage the DB is right there and bam, the guy's down.

Quote:Mods, please edit thread title.

I want a DC who uses a lot more man coverage. Zone coverage allows opponents to get first downs before our DBs arrive to tackle ball carriers. With man coverage the DB is right there and bam, the guy's down.
Or the DB in man coverage gets burned.....
I want the next HC to do whatever he feels is best.  If there's an upgrade, do it.  

Only real gripe I have is our 3rd and long defense.  Instead of making it obvious that we are going to be bailing out deep pre snap I would rather see some normal press like 1st and second down, a blitz, showing a blitz but then bailing out like we do now.  Thats the main thing I would like to see is some variety to our 3rd and long defense.  Seems like everyone has figured out how to beat it in its current form.

JDub,

We are currently second in the NFL against the pass, and your suggestion is to change what the DBs are doing? 

Quote:JDub,

We are currently second in the NFL against the pass, and your suggestion is to change what the DBs are doing? 

I guess you did not read my entire post. Defensive backs do what they are supposed to . . . after the ball carrier gets a first down. How are we supposed to prevent teams from piling up yards with the same old zone coverage?
Oh God. Please. No. God. Please. God. No! Noooo! Can we please find and pay a "proven" winner?
You guys ready for Head Coach Tom Coughlin to keep Bradley and Wash on staff? lolololol

Quote:You guys ready for Head Coach Tom Coughlin to keep Bradley and Wash on staff? lolololol

Nobody said Coughlin would keep Bradley and Wash.
Quote:Nobody said Coughlin would keep Bradley and Wash.

Nobody said he wouldn't keep them.

Boom roasted.
Quote:Nobody said he wouldn't keep them.

Boom roasted.

Have you ever heard of LOGIC?
Quote:Have you ever heard of LOGIC?

Sorry, I don't listen to hip hop.
Quote:Nobody said Coughlin would keep Bradley and Wash.
he putt lololol at the end... which indicates its a joke. Have you ever heard of LOGIC. Real fans heard of logic. Everyone knows this. If you didnt know this then your going to make me angry.
Quote:Sorry, I don't listen to hip hop.
this is golden haha
Quote:Mods, please edit thread title.

wow! You should be a defensive coordinator! You know so much about stopping NFL offenses
Quote:Have you ever heard of LOGIC?

Yes, my niece's cat is LoGiC. My niece is a computer programmer so she has a lot of LoGiC. But LoGiC likes to bow to ReAsOn which is her dog. But LoGiC and ReAsOn really don't get along.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag
No. He's a Bradley puppet.

Pages: 1 2