Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Comparison between Chudzinski and Bradley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Joe Fortenbaugh of the NFP wrote up an article giving perspective on the Chudzinski firing. He discussed each of the eight new coaches for 2013 and their situations. Towards the end of the article, he compares Bradley and Chud. An excerpt follows:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"...The expectations set forth for both Gus Bradley and Rob Chudzinski entering 2013 were reasonable. Neither organization had realistic visions of playing in January. But the integral difference between the two coaches was that Bradley found a way to demonstrate progress, while Chudzinski produced exactly what the Browns were trying to get away from.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">This doesn’t make Rob Chudzinski a bad coach. But it does offer up a reason for why he was dismissed after just one season on the job.
"

Ah gonna check that article out it does look like a good article.

I remember Bradley saying early on all his focus for the year is that we improve every day, and it's obvious to everyone we've done that.

Nice to see some recognition!

I love reading positive articles about the jags in the national news!

Good find thanks Wink
Another key difference is the ownership and management of the Browns orginization. They've changed things up like 3 times in the last 5 years.

TMD should be proud

Quote:Another key difference is the ownership and management of the Browns orginization. They've changed things up like 3 times in the last 5 years.

TMD should be proud
Havent we done the same thing
Quote:Another key difference is the ownership and management of the Browns orginization. They've changed things up like 3 times in the last 5 years.

TMD should be proud

I'm not advocating the firing of Bradley. Just the 2 weak Coordinator hires. 

Why would I be proud of the Browns? They fired a pretty good football coach. Thats never a smart idea. The only way firing Chudzinski makes sense is if a bona-fide stud upgrade or blue chipper is now coming in - someone like David Shaw for instance. If thats not happening then the Browns screwed up. 
Quote:Havent we done the same thing
no.

we've had 3 HC changes since Coughlin left, over 11 years or something. With the newest one being much more long term than the last one with the new owner not wanting to make sweeping changes immediately.

Don't play coy.
Quote:I'm not advocating the firing of Bradley. Just the 2 weak Coordinator hires.

Why would I be proud of the Browns? They fired a pretty good football coach. Thats never a smart idea. The only way firing Chudzinski makes sense is if a bona-fide stud upgrade or blue chipper is now coming in - someone like David Shaw for instance. If thats not happening then the Browns screwed up.

Or the crazy thought of him not being a pretty good coach.....
Did anyone ever tell Chudzinski about tanking? I remember the subject coming up at the start of the season.
We also had less talent than Cleveland.  Bradley definitely helped gain some positive momentum after that 0-8 start.

too bad we didn't go with an offensive minded head coach

QB carousel in Cleveland. He was doomed from the start. Plus Cleveland's owner treats employees like they're cheap hookers that didn't please. They will have another coach next year.
Quote:QB carousel in Cleveland. He was doomed from the start. Plus Cleveland's owner treats employees like they're cheap hookers that didn't please. They will have another coach next year.

Alot of it starts at the top. The Seahawks were an awful organization until Paul Allen bought them from Ken Behring. Behring tried to move them to LA before selling. The Pats before Robert Kraft were a joke. Same with the Falcons before Arthur Blank. It does not appear the Browns have had a strong owner since they came back into the league almost 15 years ago. If anything, Chudzinski got lucky.
Quote:too bad we didn't go with an offensive minded head coach

wasnt belichek and dungy defensive coaches?
Quote:Did anyone ever tell Chudzinski about tanking? I remember the subject coming up at the start of the season.

Maybe Haslam told Chud to tank and he'd give him a $50,000 handshake, but Chud was soooo bad at tanking(because of how good a football coach he is) that Cleveland won too many games and now they are going to miss out on the two only good players in the draft and now Jimmy Haslam is a walking talking sadface (because of the aforementioned tanking plan gone wrong).

If you disagree on any of what I just typed you a gullible sheeperson incapable of original thought. And a communist.
Quote:We also had less talent than Cleveland.  Bradley definitely helped gain some positive momentum after that 0-8 start.

Uhh, the easy schedule in the 2nd half of the season helped. 

Quote:too bad we didn't go with an offensive minded head coach

How do you know that Chudzinski wouldn't have done better than Bradley? Your sarcastic comment is laughable. 

Quote:QB carousel in Cleveland. He was doomed from the start. Plus Cleveland's owner treats employees like they're cheap hookers that didn't please. They will have another coach next year.

Pretty much. 2 years at most. 
Cleveland has been a mess since day one when the Browns were re-born. Other than that very brief stint with Kelly Holocomb at QB, when I was probably still in middle school, I can't recall any other succesful season they have notched. The fact is, that organization doesn't know what it's doing. And it doesn't help the fact that they play in a tough division where it seems like every year the Bengals, Ravens, or Steelers have made strides and kept it interesting in the AFC play-off race.

Not too long ago they had some respectable talent on offense. They shipped off Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow Jr. within a few short years while Mangini was there ruining that team to the best of his abilities. And then of course they failed once again with Romeo Crennel in charge there prior to Mangini's arrival. It's ironic that the coaches they've failed with come from the Bill Belicheck coaching tree. When you look at some of the "promising" seasons Cleveland could have had it would have started right there with Bill. Maybe they're cursed for that move and what not. Who knows?.

I think with Bradley, it's fair to say that he's in a more reasonable situation. Khan isn't a fool. And you have to at least give your guys a two to three year timeline to show signs of hope. Pete Carroll comes to mind emediately. Starting off with 7 - 9 records with his first two years, the front office gave him his shot again in year three and it's been nothing but good times and good things for that franchise ever since. Tom Coughlin is another coach that comes to mind when it comes to the Giants. They didn't win a Superbowl until his 4th year there but there was talks of getting rid of him after his first 6 - 10 start and that 8 - 8 finish in 2006. Patience is key. But the biggest key is the QB position. It's no secret. Carroll inherits Wilson, his fortunes change for the good. Coughlin finally sees Eli Manning get a bit better at the QB position with some more pieces around him, and his fortunes change for the good.

Quote:Alot of it starts at the top. The Seahawks were an awful organization until Paul Allen bought them from Ken Behring. Behring tried to move them to LA before selling. The Pats before Robert Kraft were a joke. Same with the Falcons before Arthur Blank. It does not appear the Browns have had a strong owner since they came back into the league almost 15 years ago. If anything, Chudzinski got lucky.

I've seen countless bad owners in the many decades I've followed the NFL.  But I believe Ken Behring was the absolute worst.   He ran the Seahawks into the ground and then like you expressed tried to hijack the franchise to the LA area.   Paul Allen saved that franchise and the 12th man came back as a result.  
If the Titans fire Munchak then everyone we beat this year will have gotten rid of their coach lol. 

Quote:If the Titans fire Munchak then everyone we beat this year will have gotten rid of their coach lol.
probably were told if you get beat by the Jags you're out.
Quote:Maybe Haslam told Chud to tank and he'd give him a $50,000 handshake, but Chud was soooo bad at tanking(because of how good a football coach he is) that Cleveland won too many games and now they are going to miss out on the two only good players in the draft and now Jimmy Haslam is a walking talking sadface (because of the aforementioned tanking plan gone wrong).

If you disagree on any of what I just typed you a gullible sheeperson incapable of original thought. And a communist.

You didn't finish it through.  The truth of the matter is Chud was paid $100,000 under the table by the next team that hires him (which will be revealed soon enough) to tank the tank with Cleveland.  Chud took Haslam's money and then shopped his services around the league for a larger sum.  Machiavellianism, thy name is Robert Chudzinski. 
Pages: 1 2