Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Jaguars Offseason Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Where do the Jags go from here?
Evaluation time, I'd say we need to find an every down pass rusher, be it DE or LEO or OLB but whoever it is isn't on the roster right now.

obviously we need to find our QB who's not on the roster right now. You get those two positions and we're a whole lot closer to being better at every position.

Like your style BB4.  Already looking ahead.  :thumbsup:

Short answer:    Find a quarterback in the draft and a couple pass rushers through the draft and/or free agency.   Much more required to be a contender - but those are the 2 biggies, IMO.   Gotta find a way to get better there first and foremost. 

Give me a qb, de, cb, te in the draft. Sign me up 2 interior linemen, a dt, and 2 fast lbs in free agency.
Bradley is a keeper...what about the rest of the coaches though? Who should stay and who should go...if anyone,
Quote:Bradley is a keeper...what about the rest of the coaches though? Who should stay and who should go...if anyone,

We don't know that Bradley is a keeper yet. I mean, not advising his dismissal for next year, but the point is the jury is still out on him as a head coach. 

Both of his Coordinators are unimpressive, IMO, especially the DC Babich, who has a precedent of sucking as DC of the Chicago Bears for 3 years, and that was with decent talent on D too. Yet, Babich gets zero criticism from this board. 

Gus' whole staff is rather uninspiring, IMO. But I don't see Gus letting any of them go. He strikes me as more loyal than a coach liek JDR who was firing assistants routinely. If you hire the right assistants the first time, theres no reason to replace them however.  And hiring the right assistants is the responsibility of the head coach. 

I'd say the WR coach did well.

The DL coach did okay considering the development of Branch and the play of Marks. But there were stretches of bad play in pass rush consistency and poor run D. 

The DB's coach results was mixed. 

The DC sucked

The OC was unimpressive. 

The TE coach got a little bit out of Marcedes for a stretch but otherwise was unimpressive. None of the other TE really overachieved. 

The LB coach has always been overrated by this board as we're still waiting for any real development by young LB other than Daryl Smith over his whole tenure. 

The OL coach oversaw a poor run blocking unit for most of the year, but appeared to improve in pass blocking as the year went on. Incomplete.

The QB coach is hard to grade given  Henne & Gabbert are amongst the worst in the league. 

The RB coach was pretty much a non entity. 

ST's were decent for the most part. 

Quote:Bradley is a keeper...what about the rest of the coaches though? Who should stay and who should go...if anyone,

They should keep everyone.

We need IMHO :

1- QB

2- DE

3- C

4- G

5- CB

Cap space and 10 draft picks can't be too much to fill all the holes.
I hope this thread will become as epic as the Ode to "Let's Talk About" thread!  

As for where we go...  I think locking up Marks was a good start.  I think figuring out where to go with QB is gonna be the biggest thing we do this off season.  But that's obvious.

I'm interested to see how we behave in free agency this year.  Do we lock up our guys and then follow same model as last year in terms of picking up mid-level players, or do we try to find some high end, high dollar FA's.

I hope this offseason will be very busy for us.

As the knife dives into the flesh, as it was made out of room temperatured butter on a hot summer night.. She twists the knife, creating a more torturous effect..

Barr/Manziel or

Clowney/Manziel..
I expect next year to not be very good for us again. When they blew up the team last year, they were setting their sites for 2015 and 2016. As far as the draft goes, I believe they will go BAP for most of the draft. We need help at just about every position including WR (which few people are talking about). We will be better next year but will still have many holes.
Quote:I expect next year to not be very good for us again. When they blew up the team last year, they were setting their sites for 2015 and 2016. As far as the draft goes, I believe they will go BAP for most of the draft. We need help at just about every position including WR (which few people are talking about). We will be better next year but will still have many holes.

You're probably right...

We'll have another 4-12 or 5-11 type season, and then out of nowhere (much like the 2011 Colts or 2013 Houston) the Titans will go on a 14 game losing streak, (2 losses to us of course) and they'll then get Jameis Winston.

Ah the plight of a Jaguars fan Sad

Quote:You're probably right...

We'll have another 4-12 or 5-11 type season, and then out of nowhere (much like the 2011 Colts or 2013 Houston) the Titans will go on a 14 game losing streak, (2 losses to us of course) and they'll then get Jameis Winston.

Ah the plight of a Jaguars fan Sad

You done crying? Do you need to be put down for a nap?
Call me crazy if you want to, but I don't consider our regular season over until tomorrow. That is when it officially begins for all 32 teams.

But it is fine with me if some people want to talk about it before they fly home.

Quote:Call me crazy if you want to, but I don't consider our uregular season over until tomorrow. That is when it officially begins for all 32 teams.

But it is fine with me if some people want to talk about it before they fly home.

Glad we have your permission..
Quote:You done crying? Do you need to be put down for a nap?
What the [BLEEP] else is there to talk about roycee? Seriously there is really only so many topics.

1. Draft

2. We suck

3. We will always suck

4. Always next year.

That's it.
Quote:Call me crazy if you want to, but I don't consider our regular season over until tomorrow. That is when it officially begins for all 32 teams.

Isnt your team still playing in two weeks?
Quote:Call me crazy if you want to, but I don't consider our regular season over until tomorrow. That is when it officially begins for all 32 teams.

Unless they are playing more football on that plane ride home...the season is over for the Jags.

Technically you could look at the day they have the last team meeting and clean out their lockers as the start of offseason...but why split hairs?
Quote:Unless they are playing more football on that plane ride home...the season is over for the Jags.

Paper football.. Season isn't over yet!!!
Quote:Paper football.. Season isn't over yet!!!

I do love a good paper football game!!
The question is: who packs up their locker for good tomorrow?

Pages: 1 2 3