Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Thank You Indy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Thank you for helping the Jaguars finish with a 4-12 record by sweeping them and guaranteeing us a top five pick. Just like Luck in 2012, and (Possibly) Manziel, or McCarron in 2014.

Quote:Thank you for helping the Jaguars finish with a 4-12 record by sweeping them and guaranteeing us a top five pick. Just like Luck in 2012, and (Possibly) Manziel, or McCarron in 2014.

If we pick manziel or mccarron top 5 I will cry. I mean not even figuratively, I will be watching the draft somewhere with my friends trying to man it up...and we make one of those picks..and il just cry.

I understand Mccarron in the 2nd but please god not top 5
Quote:If we pick manziel or mccarron top 5 I will cry. I mean not even figuratively, I will be watching the draft somewhere with my friends trying to man it up...and we make one of those picks..and il just cry.

You say that but in hind sight, was Tom Brady worth a first round selection?  
Quote:You say that but in hind sight, was Tom Brady worth a first round selection?

Drafts aren't mind in hindsight..

And even in hindsight for the patriots of picked him on the first round? No, they would of picked him in the 6th so they could get maximum value for the draft.
Quote:Drafts aren't mind in hindsight..

And even in hindsight for the patriots of picked him on the first round? No, they would of picked him in the 6th so they could get maximum value for the draft.
Ahh but you fail to see the point.  With the current knowledge we have is there a team in the NFL that would not have picked him up in the 5th?

And when that happened, in hind sight mind you, the 4th?  Then the 3rd?  How about the second?  Uh-oh if Miami, NY Jets or Buffalo could go back in time would they then select Tom Brady in round 1?

Look I get what you are saying but I tend to be a bit less dramatic.  If the professionals (namely Caldwell) see something in McCarron and want to pick him up earlier than you deem AND he turns out to be a Tom Brady would you be upset then?  
Quote:Ahh but you fail to see the point. With the current knowledge we have is there a team in the NFL that would not have picked him up in the 5th?

And when that happened, in hind sight mind you, the 4th? Then the 3rd? How about the second? Uh-oh if Miami, NY Jets or Buffalo could go back in time would they then select Tom Brady in round 1?

Look I get what you are saying but I tend to be a bit less dramatic. If the professionals (namely Caldwell) see something in McCarron and want to pick him up earlier than you deem AND he turns out to be a Tom Brady would you be upset then?
Ofcourse not but the low chance of him turning out to be tom Brady is why he has a 2nd round grade, I like mccarron I do and I would love him in the 2nd if he's there and we haven't gone qb. I just won't be happy if we pick him with the 3rd pick
Quote:Thank you for helping the Jaguars finish with a 4-12 record by sweeping them and guaranteeing us a top five pick. Just like Luck in 2012, and (Possibly) Manziel, or McCarron in 2014.

Wonder what the Texans are saying? Thanks Jags for ensuring we get a franchise QB.

Quote:Wonder what the Texans are saying? Thanks Jags for ensuring we get a franchise QB.
Who may, or may not turn into a total bust.
This thread is weird.

Quote:This thread is weird.
Your profile photo is weird.
Quote:Your profile photo is weird.

Dick Butkus in Hamburger The Motion Picture.

You show me any other pro football HOF'er wielding a steel spatula on the big screen and I will show you a piece of paper with Benjamin Franklin's face on it.
Quote:Dick Butkus in Hamburger The Motion Picture.

You show me any other pro football HOF'er wielding a steel spatula on the big screen and I will show you a piece of paper with Benjamin Franklin's face on it.

Ohhhh.  I always thought that was Ving Rames.
Quote:Wonder what the Texans are saying? Thanks Jags for ensuring we get a franchise QB.

Yep. 

The OP is a real head scratcher.....

The Jags still missed out on Clowney and Bridgewater. They needed to lose 1 or 2 more games. 
Quote:Yep. 

The Jags still missed out on Clowney and Bridgewater. They needed to lose 1 or 2 more games.

The Jags missed out on those guys? Where did they get drafted to?
Quote:If we pick manziel or mccarron top 5 I will cry. I mean not even figuratively, I will be watching the draft somewhere with my friends trying to man it up...and we make one of those picks..and il just cry.

If you're okay with him being your starting QB then you shouldn't care where we get him. 

Saying it a bunch of times isn't going to make it true.

C'mon, we know how this goes ...

If the Jags were drafting second, there would be only one good player.

If the Jags were drafting fifth, there would be only four good players.

It's just a real drag that this year there are only two good players. That's a real problem. And think about the teams drafting after the Jaguars; they may just forfeit their selections.
Quote:Dick Butkus in Hamburger The Motion Picture.

Did he use the same spatula on My Two Dads?
.... and what are the Titans saying to the Broncos who beat them allowing them to select higher than the Jets.