Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blaine Deadline!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So when will it happen? Or is there more to see? NOT

it wont, but henne will be packing boxes tomorrow

At least Henne did what he was paid to do...get us through the year. He will get picked up somewhere.

Quote:At least Henne did what he was paid to do...get us through the year. He will get picked up somewhere.

I hope we keep him as a back up, I wouldn't be suprised to see Gabs released and someone like the patriots pick him up to sit as a third strong for a few years..Bellichik loves his tall big arm qbs and may think he can realise some of BGs previous potential
Henne will be the starting QB in 2014
Blaine Gabbert did get a raw deal in Jax...personally, I would rather see them let Henne go and keep Gabbert to start of the 2014 season...it would be his first time with the same offense for 2 years in a row.  We already have Gabbert under contract, that way we could just use the money we would have given to Henne and use it somewhere else (O-Line?) in free agency.

The last two years, Gabbert has started the season and Henne has finished it....In each of those seasons, it was a brand new offensive system under a new OC.  Doesn't matter how much Gabbert knew the offense it takes time for the entire offense to gel and understand the system.  So Gabbert experiences the growing pains of a new offense and then Henne takes over when the rest of the offense finally starts to understand it....obviously Henne looks better in this situation...the same thing happened all over again this year.

I'm not saying its inevitable this is the case, but what does it hurt to find out at the beginning of next year while we give the new QB a little bench time to understand the offense.  Gabbert is already under contract, why not just roll with him...regardless it is just a few games under we let the new QB take over...

And yes, I am saying that even if we draft a QB at #2 or #3 that I condone sitting the QB for a few games just to get their feet under them...It can't hurt..I'd rather err on the side of caution after seeing what inserting Gabbert in too early did for us.

Quote:Manziel will be the starting QB in 2014
^ better
Quote:Blaine Gabbert did get a raw deal in Jax...personally, I would rather see them let Henne go and keep Gabbert to start of the 2014 season...it would be his first time with the same offense for 2 years in a row. We already have Gabbert under contract, that way we could just use the money we would have given to Henne and use it somewhere else (O-Line?) in free agency.

The last two years, Gabbert has started the season and Henne has finished it....In each of those seasons, it was a brand new offensive system under a new OC. Doesn't matter how much Gabbert knew the offense it takes time for the entire offense to gel and understand the system. So Gabbert experiences the growing pains of a new offense and then Henne takes over when the rest of the offense finally starts to understand it....obviously Henne looks better in this situation...the same thing happened all over again this year.

I'm not saying its inevitable this is the case, but what does it hurt to find out at the beginning of next year while we give the new QB a little bench time to understand the offense. Gabbert is already under contract, why not just roll with him...regardless it is just a few games under we let the new QB take over...

And yes, I am saying that even if we draft a QB at #2 or #3 that I condone sitting the QB for a few games just to get their feet under them...It can't hurt..I'd rather err on the side of caution after seeing what inserting Gabbert in too early did for us.

I do agree with this and he definitely did, it's not even that he had to change coaches, but the coaching his first 2 years was just awful.

I do feel bad for him but at this point I feel that he won't ever succeed in Jacksonville. I think both sides need a fresh start and to move on, I mentioned earlier in the topic that I felt Someone like the patriots could pick him up and let him sit for a couple of years, I feel that would do him good and would not be suprised to see him succeed in that environment.

But like I say, I just don't see it happening in Jax.
I'd love for us to put Blaine in now and him just have some sort of miraculous 2nd half so that someone offers us some picks for him. 

One of them will start next year. We've rewarded failure all season, I don't see us giving up on them now.