Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pro Bowl rosters announced, Jags shunned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Along with the Falcons, Packers, Jets and Giants. Go figure.

I think a case could be made for both Poz and Anger.
Scobee

The pro bowl has been a joke for years.   It may be nice to see our players recognized - but the AP all-pro roster is more meaningful nowadays. 

Shunned? 

Who the hell was worthy that you would consider got snubbed??

We had no players this year worthy of a PB inclusion. Poz??? No. Anger? Theres better in the AFC. 

Serious question. Where does Anger rank in the NFL in areas like net punting average and hang time?
Quote:Shunned? 

We had no players this year worthy of a PB inclusion. Poz??? No. Anger? Theres better in the AFC. 

Yes, Poz. You can't construct an argument that keeps him out of it. Please try.
Quote:Serious question. Where does Anger rank in the NFL in areas like net punting average and hang time?

10th in net avg (though it's a misleading stat for many punters)   

I don't know of anyone that keeps a stat on hang time
Quote:Shunned? 

Let's here your argument against Poz. IMO he very much was worthy. Its no surprise though because there are no longer AFC\NFC 3 of the 4 slots went to NFC guys. Willis got in on name alone he was not deserving this season. Lavontw David from the Bucs got snubbed the hardest IMO. He was great but on a losing team.

The Pro-Bowl has been a joke for many years now. It used to be prestigious because you knew that all the guys going to Hawaii were the best of the best that the NFL has to offer. Ever since they started allowing fans to vote online, it has turned into nothing more than a popularity contest. Just like the Hall of Fame.

It makes me sad knowing that guys like Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell, Tony Boselli, Donovan Darius, and Tony Brackens are constantly snubbed year in, and year out. Heck, Tebow might even be inducted into the HOF before any Jaguar player gets in. 

Ask any other NFL fan, and most of them can't even name 5 players on our roster outside of MJD, Shorts, and Blackmon. Maybe Poz too.

Quote:Yes, Poz. You can't construct an argument that keeps him out of it. Please try.
He'll concoct something but it won't make any sense. 

Poz had a hell of a year this year.    Bill Cowher and Shannon Sharpe both admitted to not realizing how good he was after the Denver game.  

FWIW - Jag's beat writer at ESPN thinks Poz is worthy also. http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...bowl-honor
More concerned over no Daryl Smith
Quote:More concerned over no Daryl Smith

He's another Jaguars LB that TMD didn't like. He should be in there with Poz. He's killing it in Baltimore.

Smith has fewer tackles, but he has 5 sacks, 3 INTs, 1 TD, and 19 freaking defended passes. 

I guess TMD just doesn't know how to judge LBs. 
Quote:Along with the Falcons, Packers, Jets and Giants. Go figure.

I think a case could be made for both Poz and Anger.

It seems a few wins generated in NFL trash time by sluggish, unmotivated players attempting to fight off their own demise has worked like a charm.

Throw in a couple of fluke plays and the NFL's worst offensive coordinator is a genius.

The Pro Bowl is supposed to be a way to recognize NFL players that consistently perform at the highest level.

The Jaguars are a terrible football team. To a man, perennial losers like the Jaguars do NOT deserve Pro Bowl recognition.
Quote:It seems a few wins generated in NFL trash time by sluggish, unmotivated players attempting to fight off their own demise has worked like a charm.

Throw in a couple of fluke plays and the NFL's worst offensive coordinator is a genius.

The Pro Bowl is supposed to be a way to recognize NFL players that consistently perform at the highest level.

The Jaguars are a terrible football team. To a man, perennial losers like the Jaguars do NOT deserve Pro Bowl recognition.

Well [BLEEP] you buddy!
Theres not a [BLEEP] player on this team deserving of the Probrowl now quit talking.
Josh Scobee is the only one deserving of a pro bowl selection. Poz did have a very good season though.
How does no one on the packers get picked.  Before Rodgers went out Jordy nelson was on fire. 

Quote:Theres not a [BAD WORD REMOVED] player on this team deserving of the Probrowl now quit talking.

Isn't Poz second in the nfl in tackles ATM? Are you seriously saying he's not worthy...idiot
I liked the new selection system. I think most positions were accurately filled in. The most difficult to select was linebackers because of the different systems and roles players have.

Poz was not snubbed. He anchored the team yes, but the team was very poor in run d all year.

Though not perfect, its better than what is has been. Improvement should be recognized. That draft should be interesting to watch. Who are the capitans?
The pro bowl is now one game of fantasy football for two hall of famers
Pages: 1 2 3 4