Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Henne/Gabbert plays the whole game Sunday.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's a waste of a game at the quarterback position. There is no reason to believe either of them are a viable option at starting quarterback, and neither are worth having a highly paid backup. (Which is what they'd both be) Sunday's game should be a look ahead to future seasons, not a sad reminder of what this one was.

Quote:It's a waste of a game at the quarterback position. There is no reason to believe either of them are a viable option at starting quarterback, and neither are worth having a highly paid backup. (Which is what they'd both be) Sunday's game should be a look ahead to future seasons, not a sad reminder of what this one was.

I'm sure that this game Will be a look ahead to future seasons regardless of who's playing at any position. I'm Sure of It...

NH3...
Stanzi should have started the last Jaguars home game ... just to gauge his capabilities in a real game (from game planning, to starting, to finish). I'm not sure an away game is the best time to start a QB his first time.

Henne's contract is up (IIRC), and Gabbert may, or may not be retained. Why not see what Stanzi can do? What was there to lose?

Then again, I have never made a nickle off of my Football IQ.

Quote:Stanzi should have started the last Jaguars home game ... just to gauge his capabilities in a real game (from game planning, to starting, to finish). I'm not sure an away game is the best time to start a QB his first time.

Henne's contract is up (IIRC), and Gabbert may, or may not be retained. Why not see what Stanzi can do? What was there to lose?

Then again, I have never made a nickle off of my Football IQ.

I've kinda felt that way the whole second half. Yes, it's been nice to win, but Henne is a known quantity and I'd like to have seen Stanzi play.
I sure wouldn't mind seeing Stanzi or Scott. Stanzi/Scott at QB and Denard in the backfield. Let's see what they've got. Denard could sure use the experience. Give him 15 touches and give him a chance to get in a rhythm.
neither Stanzi nor Scott are going to get us anywhere. playing them would only hinder the rest of the team.
Quote:neither Stanzi nor Scott are going to get us anywhere. playing them would only hinder the rest of the team.

The only place we're getting on Sunday is to the offseason, nothing will be lost unless we win and drop in the draft.
Quote:It's a waste of a game at the quarterback position. There is no reason to believe either of them are a viable option at starting quarterback, and neither are worth having a highly paid backup. (Which is what they'd both be) Sunday's game should be a look ahead to future seasons, not a sad reminder of what this one was.

Only one more game of having to listen to this ...

I smell an agenda..
lol

Quote:Sunday's game should be a look ahead to future seasons, not a sad reminder of what this one was.

It's hard to start a QB who's still in college.

IF Sunday's game should be a look ahead, I expect to see Stanzi inactive.

He's had a whole lot of time to impress. The fact he hasn't...
Quote:IF Sunday's game should be a look ahead, I expect to see Stanzi inactive.

He's had a whole lot of time to impress. The fact he hasn't...
What chance to impress has he had in a situation that means anything?  You can't judge poise and leadership under pressure when the guy's wearing a red shirt.  How many snaps has he taken with starters against starters, even in practice?

I'm not saying he's the answer, but we know Henne and Gabbert aren't. 
Wow, the final trolling thread of the year. Good luck wherever your travels take you Stanz.

Quote:neither Stanzi nor Scott are going to get us anywhere. playing them would only hinder the rest of the team.
Yeah, it would hinder the rest of the team. Lol. If we play any of our other quarterbacks, we might have an embarrassing passing game that is a laughing stock to the entire league. Oooh wait a minute....we already have that.
Quote:Only one more game of having to listen to this ...
One more game? What, you don't think people are gonna be back next year when one of these same bums is the starting QB again? You don't actually think we'll have a viable starting quarterback next year do you? After what you've seen this year? Nope. Expect more of the same next year. I wouldn't be surprised if we give Henne a big fat contract in the off-season and draft defensive players. And even if we do draft a QB, we're probably gonna get another spread offense 2 yard passes type QB like Gabbert. I can already hear the clamoring for Aaron Murray. Eeek.
This thread lol
Before you start, you should at least impress the coaches enough with your ability to be promoted to second string.

The fact that he can't even pass Gabbert on the depth chart tells me everything I need to know about Stanzi.

Quote:Before you start, you should at least impress the coaches enough with your ability to be promoted to second string.

The fact that he can't even pass Gabbert on the depth chart tells me everything I need to know about Stanzi.
The fact that he can't even pass Quincy Carter on the depth chart tells me everything I need to know about Romo.

Are you listening to yourself? You're logic is that Gabbert's badness somehow reflects on our other quarterbacks rather than the organization that drafted him and started him in the first place.

You guys must have a much higher pain tolerance than me, if you're still all boned up to get you some Henne/Gabbert action.

Henne is a quality backup.  The other two are skid marks and should be stocking shelves somewhere.
Quote:Henne is a quality backup.  The other two are skid marks and should be stocking shelves somewhere.
The term "quality" is thrown around pretty loosely these days.
Pages: 1 2