Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 600 People Invovled in Movie Theater fight?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Heard about this on the radio this morning then saw it on yahoo, what the heck?

http://news.yahoo.com/600-people-involve...ories.html

big reason why I hate living in the cities, this kind of nonsense.

pretty ugly scene. Sad to see on a day like Christmas.

Makes me so proud here in Washington when I can read stories about my hometown on national new sites.
Quote:big reason why I hate living in the cities, this kind of nonsense.

Why should all cities suffer your scorn? It only happened in Jacksonville.

Jacksonville gives cities a bad name. Wink
Ignorace at its finest.. Can't wait to get the hell out of this city..
You added Riverside? in the subtitle...that's not over here. That's the movie theatre out at the town center type thing on the Northside, out by the airport exit.
River City Marketplace.  Every time I go out there I am impressed by how nice it is, but really hate being so close to the bad areas on the north side of town.  I'm currently on the west side right now and will be moving down to Fleming Island soon.  This city is getting pretty bad, and that's coming from a native of Detroit.

Quote:River City Marketplace.  Every time I go out there I am impressed by how nice it is, but really hate being so close to the bad areas on the north side of town.  I'm currently on the west side right now and will be moving down to Fleming Island soon.  This city is getting pretty bad, and that's coming from a native of Detroit.

Fleming Island is nice, my brother lives down there, but I'd rather chew my own right arm off than deal with the traffic in and out of there everyday!!!! If you never have to leave out there it wouldn't be bad. :no:
Quote:River City Marketplace.  Every time I go out there I am impressed by how nice it is, but really hate being so close to the bad areas on the north side of town.  I'm currently on the west side right now and will be moving down to Fleming Island soon.  This city is getting pretty bad, and that's coming from a native of Detroit.

The city's not getting pretty bad....

Just ask Trav or Adam...

This kinda stuff always existed. It just that you hear about it easier now because of modern & social media. 

Am I doing this right?.... :ermm: 
We went to Tinseltown yesterday, good thing lol. 

Quote:Fleming Island is nice, my brother lives down there, but I'd rather chew my own right arm off than deal with the traffic in and out of there everyday!!!! If you never have to leave out there it wouldn't be bad. :no:

Yeah I actually lived there about 7 years ago and used to deal with the traffic every morning.  It is pretty bad to say the least.  My drive to Mandarin was about 25-30 minutes without traffic and 60-75 minutes with.  Sometimes traffic was so bad it was more efficient to drive south to the Shands bridge and cross there, snaking back towards 95N.  Not looking forward to it, hopefully I will find work close by and not have to deal with it.
Quote:You added Riverside? in the subtitle...that's not over here. That's the movie theatre out at the town center type thing on the Northside, out by the airport exit.

oh ok I know where this is, that was the really confusing part on the news I heard Riverside and thought it was over there. I know that shopping center it was about 5 miles from my old house on Dunn Avenue. Sad it was really nice when I left, can't really imagine that happening there?
Was this another high school group vs high school group again? I remember a few years ago they had a big fuss at the Jax Beach area between two schools. Crazy to think about 600 people, that's a small theater compared to Tinseltown. When I lived up that way there was never that many people up there, it was fairly new the shopping area and I remember thinking to bad my house wasn't a little further north near the airport the area just seemed more country if that makes sense. More Georgia less Northside feel has that changed?

Quote:The city's not getting pretty bad....

Just ask Trav or Adam...

This kinda stuff always existed. It just that you hear about it easier now because of modern & social media. 

Do you often hear about this happening?

There has never been brawls in this country. Groups of kids/fans/idiots have never rushed a gate to get in without paying. This is just now happening.

Am I living in this bubble correctly?

Quote:Was this another high school group vs high school group again? I remember a few years ago they had a big fuss at the Jax Beach area between two schools. Crazy to think about 600 people, that's a small theater compared to Tinseltown. When I lived up that way there was never that many people up there, it was fairly new the shopping area and I remember thinking to bad my house wasn't a little further north near the airport the area just seemed more country if that makes sense. More Georgia less Northside feel has that changed?

It's a matter of scale. I remember brawls at high school football and basketball games that resulted in forfeits and arrests. In this case there was a large concentration of people in a relatively limited space. I could see football rivalries being a factor. Time will tell.

It wasn't a brawl between 600 people. 25 or 30 people bum-rushed the theater without tickets. A single off-duty cop who was working security for the theater used pepper spray to keep them out and called for JPD for backup. Once JPD got there they dispersed the crowd out in the parking lot which was about  600 people. As it usually happens there were more than a few individuals in that crowd who did not want to be dispersed.

Quote:It wasn't a brawl between 600 people. 25 or 30 people bum-rushed the theater without tickets. A single off-duty cop who was working security for the theater used pepper spray to keep them out and called for JPD for backup. Once JPD got there they dispersed the crowd out in the parking lot which was about  600 people. As it usually happens there were more than a few individuals in that crowd who did not want to be dispersed.

that makes more sense, kinda figured it was something like that. Reading the news they make it sound like 600 people where going at it mob style. I was trying to figure out how nobody was seriously injured. Still a shame, and on Christmas day, only takes a few I guess.
Quote:Do you often hear about this happening?

There has never been brawls in this country. Groups of kids/fans/idiots have never rushed a gate to get in without paying. This is just now happening.

Am I living in this bubble correctly?

Seems pretty spot on to me
Quote:Fleming Island is nice, my brother lives down there, but I'd rather chew my own right arm off than deal with the traffic in and out of there everyday!!!! If you never have to leave out there it wouldn't be bad. :no:

I think that's the idea of places like Fleming Island - never having to leave. You know, and possibly having to mix with those people.

I understand if you have kids, but still. It feels as if there is a moat around the subdivisions, which I guess is the point.

And the traffic ...
Quote:The city's not getting pretty bad....

Just ask Trav or Adam...

Right on cue ... 

Are you joining Eric when he moves to Hooterville? You guys really ought to move in together. You can help each other with that bomb shelter.

And talk into the night about your favorite episodes of Doomsday Preppers.
Pages: 1 2 3