Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vitamix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anybody here own a Vitamix?  I got the 750 series for Christmas and cant wait to get started on it.

I really want to start drinking the green smoothies.  Any good recipes or tips?

I've been reading up on it all morning and I'm pretty excited to get started.

Quote:Anybody here own a Vitamix?  I got the 750 series for Christmas and cant wait to get started on it.

I hear McDonalds has some good recipes on their website.   :teehee:
Quote:I hear McDonalds has some good recipes on their website.   :teehee:

Why did I buy a vitamix when I can just get smoothies from Mcdonald's!  That was an expensive mistake....
Quote:Why did I buy a vitamix when I can just get smoothies from Mcdonald's!  That was an expensive mistake....

Not to mention the calories you could have burned off in the playground.  
Running from the snakes in the ball pit..., or is that just another urban legend?

Quote:Anybody here own a Vitamix?  I got the 750 series for Christmas and cant wait to get started on it.

Yeah, man.  I have the BlendTec.   (recommended to me by a friend with a VitaMix)  They are essentially the same, but supposedly run cooler. 

I do a "green shake" nearly every day.  

4  or 5 big leaves of kale - a cup of blueberries (fresh if do-able - frozen if not)  - a peeled piece of fresh ginger about half the size of your thumb -  any other fruits or veggies you want (I do a carrot and a couple slices of fresh pineapple) 

Add in a cup of water or juice ( I use an all natural lemonade)  and a couple of ice cubes and follow the instructions for "smoothie" in your manual.  You get your antioxidants, vitamin C and fiber all worked out in one pint glass.  Sometimes I'll add a scoop of protein powder and make it count as breakfast. 

-------------------------------------------

Salsa Verde -  Take 4 tomatillos (peel and clean)  - half of large sweet onion - 2 cloves of garlic - one poblano pepper and one jalapeño pepper.  Place all on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.  Roast in oven on 350F until the skin of peppers starts to brown. 

Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes.  Peel the skin from peppers if you wish. (Not necessary as the blender will break them down - but some prefer)

Drop all of the roasted stuff into blender - add an 1/8 cup of water, a good pinch of salt, a dash of chili powder and the juice of half a lime. 

- Blend until smooth.  -   (Sometimes a 1/2 tablespoon amount of sugar or agave nectar is nice to sweeten it a touch. )

Serve with your favorite corn tortilla chips or spoon over tacos

My sister in law is into the whole green smoothie thing. I swear the last time I was over there she gave me a glassful of the stuff my brother rinsed off of his lawn mower!!! :blink:

It smelled and tasted just like fresh cut grass!!! :yucky:
Quote:It smelled and tasted just like fresh cut grass!!! :yucky:

You have to dry it out before you ... injest it. :whistling:
I've had one for a few years, they are awesome.  I use it at least a few times every week as a way to get all my veggies in without having to actually experience the eating of them.  Makes it a whole lot easier to sneak a few servings of veggies into a smoothie than to sit and eat a plate of broccoli or spinach.

I have two go to smoothie recipes.  The first one I have dubbed super juice because it just kicks me in the butt and gets me going.  I throw in a few baby carrots, a few broccoli pieces, a handful of greens or spinach, cut up one apple, add some pineapple chunks, then add watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, or whatever other sweet fruit I might have on hand.  I used to mix with apple juice or orange juice but in order to cut down on the sugar I will add some cold water and blend away.  It makes almost an entire pitcher full and if you drink the entire thing make sure to be near a toilet for the next hour.

The other one is less healthy but still not bad.  I add quarter cup of raw old fashioned oats, one cup of unsweetened almond milk, two or three tablespoons of PB2 powder, a teaspoon of honey and then about 5 frozen strawberries.  I also have started to add some water to thin this out a bit, but it tastes like a healthy version of a PBJ smoothie from Planet Smoothie.  Makes a good sized glass full and I think is about 200 to 250 calories.

There are thousands of things you can do with that device, enjoy.

Quote:You have to dry it out before you ... injest it. :whistling:

Not that kind of grass!! I'm talking about the stuff you and TMD yell at people to get off of!!! :thumbsup:
Quote:My sister in law is into the whole green smoothie thing. I swear the last time I was over there she gave me a glassful of the stuff my brother rinsed off of his lawn mower!!! :blink:

It smelled and tasted just like fresh cut grass!!! :yucky:
That's why I put blueberries and pineapple in to balance out the "green."   :thumbsup:   The sweetness of the fruit and kick from the ginger hook it up.  
Quote:That's why I put blueberries and pineapple in to balance out the "green."   :thumbsup:   The sweetness of the fruit and kick from the ginger hook it up.

That's what she "said" she does too...still tasted like mower sludge to me!!!
Quote:Not that kind of grass!! I'm talking about the stuff you and TMD yell at people to get off of!!! :thumbsup:

you're older than me!!!!

Quote:That's what she "said" she does too...still tasted like mower sludge to me!!!

thats because what she gave you was actually mower sludge. :woot: 
Quote:you're older than me!!!!

thats because what she gave you was actually mower sludge. :woot:

I said nothing about age! :whistling:

She must like mower sludge...she drank it too!! :yucky:
Quote: 

She must like mower sludge...she drank it too!! :yucky:

Well, I said she gave YOU mower sludge.....she drank the vitamix stuff. :woot: 
Quote:Well, I said she gave YOU mower sludge.....she drank the vitamix stuff. :woot:

Nope...my family likes me!! :yes:
Quote:Nope...my family likes me!! :yes:

....sure they do, pumpkin.... Laughing 
Quote:....sure they do, pumpkin.... Laughing

I'm a very likable Bunnie!!! :thumbsup:
Quote:I'm a very likable Bunnie!!! :thumbsup:

well, thats true you are by choice a bunnie and bunnies pretty much eat grass,,,,so.... :whistling: 
Quote:well, thats true you are by choice a bunnie and bunnies pretty much eat grass,,,,so.... :whistling:

I can tell you...THIS Bunnie doesn't like grass!!! :no:
Pages: 1 2 3