Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2013 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bill MacAtee and Steve Tasker are announcing the Jaguars regular season finale at the 2013 AFC South Champions Indianapolis Colts, for The NFL On CBS, the Jaguars final divisional matchup and regular season game in 2013. WTEV CBS channel 47 will televise the Jaguars @ Colts early regional, and also the Bills @ Patriots primary late doubleheader game in Jacksonville, FL, live on HD.     :yes:  Smile

WAWS FOX channel 30 will also show both the Panthers @ Falcons, and Buccaneers @ Saints NFL On FOX early and late doubleheader featuring NFC South opponents in Jacksonville, also seen live on HD. NFL On CBS, and the NFL On FOX, traditionally televise doubleheader games on Week 17. B) :thumbsup: ^_^ Smile

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://506sports.com/'>http://506sports.com/</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.the506.com/'>http://www.the506.com/</a>

Why do both CBS and Fox show late games this week? Every other week of the season, that was not allowed; it had to be one or the other.

I am assuming Green Bay at Chicago will be Game of the Week on Fox because it is "win you're in, lose you're out" with the NFCN title on the line.

I extremely extremely dislike Steve Tasker calling Jag games.

Quote:I extremely dislike Steve Tasker calling Jag games.

If you think he is bad, look at who I have to hear during the Orange Bowl: Matt Millen. Ugh.
Quote:If you think he is bad, look at who I have to hear during the Orange Bowl: Matt Millen. Ugh.

Just curious: why are you an OSU fan again? You're from Ohio right? What about Broncos? Where does that come from? And the Gators?
Quote:Just curious: why are you an OSU fan again? You're from Ohio right? What about Broncos? Where does that come from? And the Gators?

Buckeyes: My parents and uncles went there.

Broncos: The coaches and players they had.

Gators: BIL is a Gator and a sister works there.
This sucks: Tampa Bay usually plays at 1:00, but this week the Buccaneers play at 4:00, so they are on TV here instead of the Packers and Bears. The Saints are going to blow them out while I have to watch the most exciting game of the afternoon via live TV streaming online. Sometimes I miss DirecTV.

We need to stop the regional insanity.  I live in Western Pa, but get stuck with the Eagles every week.  The big Philthy is a mere four hours away, but just because they are in a political line, someone feels that I need to see them.  Ditto for the AFC North.  Just because I am in Steeler territory, does not mean that I want to see the Browns.  Anyone who is this much of a homer needs to see a psychiatrist.

Cheers

Quote:Why do both CBS and Fox show late games this week? Every other week of the season, that was not allowed; it had to be one or the other.

I am assuming Green Bay at Chicago will be Game of the Week on Fox because it is "win you're in, lose you're out" with the NFCN title on the line.
The last week of the year both networks get double headers. This balances out the year, they both get nine weeks of double headers.
Quote:We need to stop the regional insanity. I live in Western Pa, but get stuck with the Eagles every week. The big Philthy is a mere four hours away, but just because they are in a political line, someone feels that I need to see them. Ditto for the AFC North. Just because I am in Steeler territory, does not mean that I want to see the Browns. Anyone who is this much of a homer needs to see a psychiatrist.

I could never understand why people think they have to root for their hometown team just because it is their hometown team. The fact they do that is why I got the always bad Bengals and Browns. I got DirecTV for one reason: to watch the Jaguars instead of those crappy teams. The tipping point was missing our game at Denver in 1998 - when Jason Elam tied Tom Dempsey - which was the Game of the Week on CBS, but not shown in central Ohio because of the stupid assumption most local fans wanted to see Cincinnati at Oakland. That was long before the Bengals started looking decent.

The same thing is happening here in Gainesville. Why should I have to watch the crappy Buccaneers instead of my favorite NFC team, the Packers? The only reason for that is I live two hours away from Tampa and Fox assumes if you live in Alachua County, your favorite NFC team is is the Buccaneers. Green Bay at Chicago is a win and in game, the one most people will watch Sunday, and here I am stuck with the Buccaneers because of where I live. Why can't they at least make an exception in Week 17 when a lot of playoff spots are on the line, none of them involving Tampa Bay?
Quote:The last week of the year both networks get double headers. This balances out the year, they both get nine weeks of double headers.

Nine weeks of double-headers for a 17-week season? 9 + 9 = 18
Quote:Nine weeks of double-headers for a 17-week season? 9 + 9 = 18
They split the first 16 weeks and both get a double header on week 17. 9+9=17
I was under the impression that the Orlando CBS affiliate was required to carry all Jags away games. That is what they are always "apologizing" for isn't it?

Why then are we forced to watch the Dolphins home game instead of the Jags?

Stupid WKMG.  You've screwed me for the last time Maldonado!!!

Quote:I was under the impression that the Orlando CBS affiliate was required to carry all Jags away games. That is what they are always "apologizing" for isn't it?

Why then are we forced to watch the Dolphins home game instead of the Jags?

Stupid WKMG.  You've screwed me for the last time Maldonado!!!

WGFL is stupid too. I got the Patriots and Redskins when the Buccaneers were in Jacksonville. Go figure.
Quote:I could never understand why people think they have to root for their hometown team just because it is their hometown team. The fact they do that is why I got the always bad Bengals and Browns. I got DirecTV for one reason: to watch the Jaguars instead of those crappy teams. The tipping point was missing our game at Denver in 1998 - when Jason Elam tied Tom Dempsey - which was the Game of the Week on CBS, but not shown in central Ohio because of the stupid assumption most local fans wanted to see Cincinnati at Oakland. That was long before the Bengals started looking decent.

The same thing is happening here in Gainesville. Why should I have to watch the crappy Buccaneers instead of my favorite NFC team, the Packers? The only reason for that is I live two hours away from Tampa and Fox assumes if you live in Alachua County, your favorite NFC team is is the Buccaneers. Green Bay at Chicago is a win and in game, the one most people will watch Sunday, and here I am stuck with the Buccaneers because of where I live. Why can't they at least make an exception in Week 17 when a lot of playoff spots are on the line, none of them involving Tampa Bay?
Are you closer to Jacksonville or Tampa?  If the latter, I can understand the NFL's logic, albeit irritating for you; I, although not a Steeler fan, have the advantage of being in a market of a general marquee team; and, an entertaining team, on most weeks.  If you are closer to Jacksonville, then the logic of the NFL gets harder to swallow.  Again, I can only suppose that there are those folks out there who are just that big of homers.  If it is not something that they can relate to than they will not watch it.  You just have to wonder if there are individuals that self-absorbed, or if it is too much trouble for the NFL to come up with a formula outside of the box.

Cheers
The best thing ever created was NFL Redzone!

I dont have to sit through a blowout, just spin me around the league whenever a good game is going on.

Why isn't our game on in the Orlando market, I thought the secondary markets HAD to show away games? This sucks!

What Eric said. What the heck?

Who do we call?

I hate local 6

After seeing I can't watch the Broncos/Raiders or Packers/Bears games, which are both "Game of the Week" today, I decided I would do anything to get DirecTV again if I  could afford it. I wish posting links to live streaming sites was allowed on this board so somebody could show me how to watch the most important games online when Fox and CBS are too stupid to show them in north central Florida. Why does where I live have to determine what games I watch?

Pages: 1 2