Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars / Colts Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The customary smack down will now begin. I shall start with example A: below by my good friend FingeraDinger

Quote:[Image: 2wqetyf.png]

You have to pick your quarterback for his (bad) looks. If he has strapping good looks, he is going to suck really bad. In today's game, you draft ugly ... Everyone always says "go for the ugly's early". Can't go drafting the Gabbert's, and Tebows in round one and get away with it, they are just too hot.

You only take a chance on a chick magnet (like Brady) in the later rounds ... like the 6th. Every now and then some hunk becomes a franchise QB like Namath (honk honk), speaking of which Montana had a ski slope for a nose. ... but more often than not if you draft by "looks" you're going to get Ryan Leaf ... He went 2nd overall because he looked good. Peyton? Ugliest QB of all time ... The GOAT. :yes:  look at that picture above. That right there is the Ugliest QB since Peyton Manning. That is why the talking heads kept talking about cLuck being the best prospect coming out since Buckethead.

I hope Caldwell picks his QB's like the last Jaguars front office did. It would be another 8 or so season run of the Colts dominance over the Jaguars, and the AFCS.

I can you just hear the conversation between Del-Rio & Gene Smith a couple drafts back.?

Del Rio - "What do you think of Gabbert?"
Smith - "He looks good, real good"
Del Rio - "Should we make a move for him?"
Smith - "We better get him before we are stuck with Luck next season"
Del Rio - "Luck looks bad, really bad ... We agree then, get Gabbert"
Smith - "Don't forget, Tebow is looking pretty dang good, too"
Del Rio - "Hot, very Hot ... But I still like Gabbert, he looks a little better"
Smith - "I agree, he's still a vergelna, anyway ... something not right with that"
Del Rio - "You think he had a "fake" girlfriend?"
Smith - "Um did you see her? and he didn't hit  kiss her?"
Del Rio - "Go Go Gabbert"
Smith - "He does look good, real good"

"Weaver on line 1" - "Who we taking 1st, guys? we could use a good looking punter"

Smith - " There aren't any good looking punters this draft, Boss, we are taking Gabbert"

Weaver - "He does look good, and any prospective buyer would agree"

Del Rio - "He looks good, real good. I will stake my job on it, and that is not just a bunch of Mularkey"

Eggnog seems a little stronger this year. Smile  ... and you Jaguars fans make me sick. Tongue
Love the fact that the Colts flushed a first round pick down the toilet for Trent Richardson. Solid work Colts...keep it up.

Quote:Love the fact that the Colts flushed a first round pick down the toilet for Trent Richardson. Solid work Colts...keep it up.

At least he isn't a 1st round pick ... in Rehab. :whistling:
Quote:At least he isn't a 1st round pick ... in Rehab. :whistling:

Well played sir.....BUT (haha)  So in regards to this situation, you are saying you would rather take Trent and no first round pick over Blackmon and whoever we take in the first round of the 2014 draft?
Quote: 

The customary smack down will now begin. I shall start with example A: below by my good friend FingeraDinger

<div>You have to pick your quarterback for his (bad) looks. If he has strapping good looks, he is going to suck really bad. In today's game, you draft ugly ... Everyone always says "go for the ugly's early". Can't go drafting the Gabbert's, and Tebows in round one and get away with it, they are just too hot.

You only take a chance on a chick magnet (like Brady) in the later rounds ... like the 6th. Every now and then some hunk becomes a franchise QB like Namath (honk honk), speaking of which Montana had a ski slope for a nose. ... but more often than not if you draft by "looks" you're going to get Ryan Leaf ... He went 2nd overall because he looked good. Peyton? Ugliest QB of all time ... The GOAT. :yes:  look at that picture above. That right there is the Ugliest QB since Peyton Manning. That is why the talking heads kept talking about cLuck being the best prospect coming out since Buckethead.

I hope Caldwell picks his QB's like the last Jaguars front office did. It would be another 8 or so season run of the Colts dominance over the Jaguars, and the AFCS.

I can you just hear the conversation between Del-Rio & Gene Smith a couple drafts back.?

Del Rio - "What do you think of Gabbert?"
Smith - "He looks good, real good"
Del Rio - "Should we make a move for him?"
Smith - "We better get him before we are stuck with Luck next season"
Del Rio - "Luck looks bad, really bad ... We agree then, get Gabbert"
Smith - "Don't forget, Tebow is looking pretty dang good, too"
Del Rio - "Hot, very Hot ... But I still like Gabbert, he looks a little better"
Smith - "I agree, he's still a vergelna, anyway ... something not right with that"
Del Rio - "You think he had a "fake" girlfriend?"
Smith - "Um did you see her? and he didn't hit  kiss her?"
Del Rio - "Go Go Gabbert"
Smith - "He does look good, real good"

"Weaver on line 1" - "Who we taking 1st, guys? we could use a good looking punter"

Smith - " There aren't any good looking punters this draft, Boss, we are taking Gabbert"

Weaver - "He does look good, and any prospective buyer would agree"

Del Rio - "He looks good, real good. I will stake my job on it, and that is not just a bunch of Mularkey"

Eggnog seems a little stronger this year. Smile  ... and you Jaguars fans make me sick. Tongue

</div>

That conversation was probably pretty accurate knowing Gene Smith.
Quote:Well played sir.....BUT (haha) So in regards to this situation, you are saying you would rather take Trent and no first round pick over Blackmon and whoever we take in the first round of the 2014 draft?
The correct comparison would be Andrew Luck and Trent Richardson compared to Blackmon and a 2014 first. I would be okay with the first.
And yet between Richardson in my backfield or Blackmon not on the field at all, I'm not sure which one is worse  :woot:
I wonder if the Colts come to play this week or lie down like they did in week 17 of 2011 season. 

Quote:The correct comparison would be Andrew Luck and Trent Richardson compared to Blackmon and a 2014 first. I would be okay with the first.

No, not really the correct comparison.  I was talking about Trent and he mentioned Blackmon.  Those two cancel each other out so now we are looking forward to draft which we have a #1 pick and the Colts don't.
Quote:No, not really the correct comparison. I was talking about Trent and he mentioned Blackmon. Those two cancel each other out so now we are looking forward to draft which we have a #1 pick and the Colts don't.
Because they used it on T Rich, making him their 2014 first by proxy. Its not hard to figure out.
Quote:And yet between Richardson in my backfield or Blackmon not on the field at all, I'm not sure which one is worse  :woot:

You're a Jaguar, no matter which choice you make, it will be wrong. :yes:
Quote:I wonder if the Colts come to play this week or lie down like they did in week 17 of 2011 season. 

It depends on the prize. The Colts will win if they want to win ... Not like the Jaguars actually have a say in the outcome. :no:

Yes...but he looks good while doing it!! :thumbsup:
Quote:Yes...but he looks good while doing it!! :thumbsup:

Have you been stalking Blackmon at the Rehab facility?

Can you see if he can front me a little until payday. :woot:
Quote:Have you been stalking Blackmon at the Rehab facility?

Can you see if he can front me a little until payday. :woot:

He's not getting paid...he'll probably try to bum some money from you!! :yes:
Quote:He's not getting paid...he'll probably try to bum some money from you!! :yes:

Are you trying to say that TMD is offering to buy him dinner at CFA? :woot:
Quote:Are you trying to say that TMD is offering to buy him dinner at CFA? :woot:

Only if weed is the only thing he "smokes"! :woot:
My are my ears burning?!?

Oh yeah.. I fell asleep next to a lit candle..