Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Study: Alcohol Can Boost Your Immune System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Study: Alcohol Can Boost Your Immune System

ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta) – According to a new study, alcohol can boost your immune system.

Researchers vaccinated animals and then gave them access to alcohol. Researchers found that the animals that had consumed alcohol also had faster responses to the vaccines.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2013/12/24/s...ne-system/

First, I find out that coffee can ward off dementia, and now I find out alcohol can boost my immune system.   I'm having a very good year!  

I'm immortal. Smile

It really only makes sense that alcohol would help boost the immune system.

I'm gonna live forever! Banana

Alcohol also gives you better judgement..
My immune system is gonna be extra strong tonight.

Well damn... I'll eventually die of the common cold or something, I'm sure; alcohol just isn't my preferred cup o' vice, ever since aging beyond 17 and all.  

OHHHHHH TAKE THAT ALKIES!!

Quote:I'm immortal. Smile

Sammykins...I think you accidentally spelled that word wrong! Seems you added a T where you shouldn't have!! :thumbsup:
Quote:First, I find out that coffee can ward off dementia, and now I find out alcohol can boost my immune system.   I'm having a very good year!

Start drinking Irish Coffee and you'll live forever!! :thumbsup:
Quote:Start drinking Irish Coffee and you'll live forever!! :thumbsup:

Me likey Irish coffee here :thumbsup: 
Quote:Me likey Irish coffee here :thumbsup:

I've never been able to drink the stuff myself! :blink:
Quote:I've never been able to drink the stuff myself! :blink:

Your loss. Errrr......maybe I'm just an alcoholic.....well, I am part Irish, after all. :yes: Wink

Quote:Your loss. Errrr......maybe I'm just an alcoholic.....well, I am part Irish, after all. :yes: Wink

The stuff feels like I'm trying to drink paint thinner or something...burns the lining of my throat!! :yucky:
Quote:The stuff feels like I'm trying to drink paint thinner or something...burns the lining of my throat!! :yucky:

I refrain to make dirty joke here despite the softball lofted my way, on account that its Christmas  :yes: 
Quote:I refrain to make dirty joke here despite the softball lofted my way, on account that its Christmas  :yes:

Don't offend the baby Jesus!!! :no:
Quote:Don't offend the baby Jesus!!! :no:

Exactly. 
Quote:Exactly.

Or the Bunnie! Big Grin
I've said it before and I'll say it again, drinking rum before 9 am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you a pirate!   :pirate:

And I too am going to live forever!  Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!