Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Macy's has a "special" Santa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought this was a great article and I think its a great idea for Macy's.  A little weird they dont advertise it.

Best comment from the article,  "At Macy's, we have upheld the tradition and believe in our hearts that there is only one Santa Claus, and that Santa is all things to all people who believe in the spirit and goodness of Santa."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Macy-s-has-...index.html

If Santa can be any race, then Santa should also be able to be any gender.  Where are my female Santa's at?

Quote:If Santa can be any race, then Santa should also be able to be any gender.  Where are my female Santa's at?
HA! Your just looking for someone to post a pic of hot "mrs Claus " girls.

Hope it works!
Well that disappointed me.  I was hoping to see Santa smuggling an extra chromosome in his bag.

Black isn't "special."  Black is every bit as lackluster as white, just without the white.  Special... is special.

Quote:Well that disappointed me.  I was hoping to see Santa smuggling an extra chromosome in his bag.

Black isn't "special."  Black is every bit as lackluster as white, just without the white.  Special... is special.
You were expecting Santa with a helmet?
Quote:I thought this was a great article and I think its a great idea for Macy's.  A little weird they dont advertise it.

Best comment from the article,  "At Macy's, we have upheld the tradition and believe in our hearts that there is only one Santa Claus, and that Santa is all things to all people who believe in the spirit and goodness of Santa."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Macy-s-has-...index.html

I'm glad they don't advertise this. Maybe before too long kids and their parents will see a black, Asian, Hispanic or white Santa and not bat an eye.

I would have to admit that I am not such a fan of hiring Santa's for racial equality (I assume that is the premise?). I much rather prefer the world to be color blind in every way.

What does this promote? and there is nothing special about a Santa of any race, he/she is Santa, nothing less, nothing more.

Why did Santa have to go and bring a red nosed reindeer in to lead his sleigh? There should be multiple reindeer teams to pull the multiple Santa's sleighs.

Okay, just was having fun with it a bit Smile  ... But, I honestly would rather Santa's be hired from their resume without any consideration of skin color. I'm not so ecstatic about the precedence that sets ... in any way. Insert frowny Sad

Also, I need to ask ... Did I misunderstand the article? I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree, and got sort of lost about how kids were sent to different areas to see different Santa's?

Quote:I'm glad they don't advertise this. Maybe before too long kids and their parents will see a black, Asian, Hispanic or white Santa and not bat an eye.

Okay, that answers my question. I spent a bit of time trying to word my post correctly ... as to not offend anyone for my being an idiot.

Thanks. :thumbsup:
Quote:I would have to admit that I am not such a fan of hiring Santa's for racial equality (I assume that is the premise?). I much rather prefer the world to be color blind in every way.

What does this promote? and there is nothing special about a Santa of any race, he/she is Santa, nothing less, nothing more.

Why did Santa have to go and bring a red nosed reindeer in to lead his sleigh? There should be multiple reindeer teams to pull the multiple Santa's sleighs.

Okay, just was having fun with it a bit Smile  ... But, I honestly would rather Santa's be hired from their resume without any consideration of skin color. I'm not so ecstatic about the precedence that sets ... in any way. Insert frowny Sad

Also, I need to ask ... Did I misunderstand the article? I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree, and got sort of lost about how kids were sent to different areas to see different Santa's?

I'm pretty sure he picked the red nosed one to help him see the way through the fog one year...or so I've been told.
Quote:I'm pretty sure he picked the red nosed one to help him see the way through the fog one year...or so I've been told.

That's fine, but I am not playing with him, nor the abominable snowman. :angry:

I am going to have to check the broadcast guides, I would love to watch some of those classic Christmas shows tonight.
Quote:I'm glad they don't advertise this. Maybe before too long kids and their parents will see a black, Asian, Hispanic or white Santa and not bat an eye.

I've seen: black, white, Mexican, and middle eastern Santas. And that's in the last month.
Whatever makes people happy. It's really not newsworthy, to be honest.

Now if your Santa is a genetically engineered dinosaur that's fluent in multiple languages...then you have a special santa
Quote:I've seen: black, white, Mexican, and middle eastern Santas. And that's in the last month.

That's a lot of Santas, I don't care what color we're talking about. I guess if the North Pole is melting, they have to live somewhere.
Quote:You were expecting Santa with a helmet?

Could there even be a more satisfying image than that?
Santa is typically the same color as your dad. 

Quote:Santa is typically the same color as your dad. 

What if your dad is a leprotic burn victim?
Quote:What if your dad is a leprotic burn victim?

Not really special. Just black. Same as white. 

I can't wait until we can see a Black, White, Hispanic, or Middle Eastern Santa and not even think about it.

Quote:Santa is typically the same color as your dad. 

My mom was the one that knew how to assemble trains and bicycles.

Santa sucks at reading directions.