Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colts vs Jaguars in Week 17: The Meaningless Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

This game might as well be called "the meaningless bowl" because neither team really gains, or loses anything from this game. The Colts have already locked up the division, and will most likely rest their starters in week 17. The Jags have already shown a lot of progress and next year are poised to make an impact. But until then, this game really doesn't matter much to either team, or the fans. The Jags will still be picking in the top 10 this year, which can be viewed as a good thing, or a bad thing depending on your perspective.

Hey Colts fans, I bet my team with all its injuries and 2nd string starters playing in 1st string positions can still beat up your 2nd string starters.  Tongue

Quote:This game might as well be called "the meaningless bowl" because neither team really gains, or loses anything from this game. The Colts have already locked up the division, and will most likely rest their starters in week 17. The Jags have already shown a lot of progress and next year are poised to make an impact. But until then, this game really doesn't matter much to either team, or the fans. The Jags will still be picking in the top 10 this year, which can be viewed as a good thing, or a bad thing depending on your perspective.

Hey Colts fans, I bet my team with all its injuries and 2nd string starters playing in 1st string positions can still beat up your 2nd string starters. Tongue
Factually innacurate. The Colts are still in play for a first round bye with a win. They also dont believe in resting starters. The entire Indy first string will play. This game is important to seeding.
Quote:Factually innacurate. The Colts are still in play for a first round bye with a win. They also dont believe in resting starters. The entire Indy first string will play. This game is important to seeding.

The way I recall, the Colts would need to win, and the Patriots to lose to take the 2nd seed and a 1st round bye ... If the Pats win, and the Cots win, the Colts would then be the 3rd seed. If the Colts lose, and the Bengals lose ... I think the Colts still get the 3rd seed. If the Colts lose, and the Bengals win, then the Colts get the 4th seed.

I could be a little confused, but that is normal.
Actually, this game isn't exactly meaningless for the Colts & I would be SHOCKED if we benched our players. That's not Pagano's MO.

If the Colts win & either the Bengals OR Patriots lose Colts get the #3 seed. If the Colts win & the Bengals AND Patriots lose the Colts get the #2 seed.

Unlikely for the #2 seed, but I'd say the #3 seed is definitely in play. Crazier things have happened.

The Colts better play their starters (they will..they still have something to play for).