Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Winning culture is fun to watch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While yes we still have a long ways to go this team is actually fun to watch. I really like the culture Gus and Dave are building here. Players seem to really be playing hard. I know some don't believe in a "winning culture" but I certainly do.
I believe in a winning culture.

I don't necessarily believe that winning a meaningless game at the end of a lost season establishes the winning culture.

Talent has more to do with it than anything else.
Quote:I believe in a winning culture.

I don't necessarily believe that winning a meaningless game at the end of a lost season establishes the winning culture.

Talent has more to do with it than anything else.

I agree with you but its still a core believe the players develop. Its a mind set that they are always going to win. Look at the Patriots. Yes it helps to have a great QB but even when they have players that go down they haeve players that step up and play hungry. They expect to win.
No team should ever play to lose,every player should give his all until the end of the game.These sort of players are what makes winning teams.Even though Houston have lost the last 13 I don't think it's through lack of trying more lack of leadership.
Quote:While yes we still have a long ways to go this team is actually fun to watch. I really like the culture Gus and Dave are building here. Players seem to really be playing hard. I know some don't believe in a "winning culture" but I certainly do.

Yep...a winning culture is fun to watch. Even when they lose, because you know they tried and played with heart.

Really the NFL has gotten like MLB and Nascar. a MLB game often turns on just a few pitches or plays.

In Nascar its usually just a few seconds or sometimes even LESS than a second, between the pole and the back of the field.

In the NFL, the saying has been "On Any Given Sunday" for sometime. Often average talent, well motivated , can make a pretty dang good accounting of themselves against more talented players. After all, these teams are 1,696 of the top players in the country. With the exception of a few, they're all pretty capable or their coaches wouldn't have them on the active roster.

Having a "culture of winning" adds a dimension of inspiration to even an "average" player to perform.
This team really has turned it around this season. From the way they played in the first half of the season and now is a night and day difference. Look forward to an even better improvement next year with an influx of young players and young vets. GO JAGS!!!!!!
Quote:No team should ever play to lose,every player should give his all until the end of the game.These sort of players are what makes winning teams.Even though Houston have lost the last 13 I don't think it's through lack of trying more lack of leadership.

So why do playoff bound teams rest starters?
Well, first because they have won to that point and second to see what their depth can do. its far from tanking/playing to lose.

Theirs is already a winning culture.

I hope we know the feeling in the coming years.

Quote:So why do playoff bound teams rest starters?
playing smart and playing to lose are two different things. And youd better believe that the guys that play when the starters are not are not trying to lose, they are fighting for a spot and/or more playing time