Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: AK-47 Designer Mikhail Kalashnikov dies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/12/23/...have-been/

The AK-47 without a doubt, is one of the most durable and most popular rifles ever made. In Vietnam, our M-16 rifles kept jamming, while the AK-47 could take a heavy beating and still operate the same.

The one good thing the commies gave us...........

Quote:The one good thing the commies gave us...........

I can't vouch for it, but I have heard you can purchase an AK-47 for as low as $10 US dollars in a lot of countries (full auto). That's a little cheap considering what we would pay for a pre-86 ak here. :angry:  It's just not fair. Wink

Then you have the whole conversion kit stuff. ... I will say, I would never risk installing an conversion kit (Illegal) you're just asking for trouble.

Anyway, the AK-47 is probably the single most well known gun, and most used/owned gun in the world. The design was genius, and cheap to manufacture.
Quote:http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/12/23/...have-been/

The AK-47 without a doubt, is one of the most durable and most popular rifles ever made. In Vietnam, our M-16 rifles kept jamming, while the AK-47 could take a heavy beating and still operate the same.

Their accuracy wasn't the best, but i'm not going to stand around and be the test dummy just to find out. Even though an AK can take a beating, and shoot every time ... if it did take a beating the sighting was subject to change some. Probably still the best least expensive full auto ... even 60+ years later. That is impressive.
Love the AK.

Shot it many times. Some buddies of mine and I cut down a tree with one when we were out camping.

Yes, we were hammered.

Quote:I can't vouch for it, but I have heard you can purchase an AK-47 for as low as $10 US dollars in a lot of countries (full auto). That's a little cheap considering what we would pay for a pre-86 ak here. :angry:  It's just not fair. Wink

Then you have the whole conversion kit stuff. ... I will say, I would never risk installing an conversion kit (Illegal) you're just asking for trouble.

Anyway, the AK-47 is probably the single most well known gun, and most used/owned gun in the world. The design was genius, and cheap to manufacture.

it's not so much a conversion kit as it is removing a modified safety pin that delays the action until you pull the trigger again. (I haven't done it, I just know how to do it).
Quote:I can't vouch for it, but I have heard you can purchase an AK-47 for as low as $10 US dollars in a lot of countries (full auto). 
Largely due to the sheer numbers of them produced and being produced.  Add in the Chinese and other knock -offs / copies (some of which are faithful to original design) and there are millions upon millions of these rifles floating about the planet. 

(some estimates put Russian production at over 100 million since it's introduction in 1947) 

Quote:Their accuracy wasn't the best, but i'm not going to stand around and be the test dummy just to find out. Even though an AK can take a beating, and shoot every time ... if it did take a beating the sighting was subject to change some. Probably still the best least expensive full auto ... even 60+ years later. That is impressive.
There was a story once about a Navy SEAL team who happened upon some dead tangos and one of the SEALs found this AK-47 which had been lying in the mud for quite some time. He didn't even bother to clean, or repair it once and just pulled the trigger and it worked sweet as a charm.
Quote:dead tangos

I don't know why I don't know what those are.

Quote:I don't know why I don't know what those are.
It's military slang for the enemy.
I had a super soaker.. Bout all I was trusted allowed to have..

Quote:I don't know why I don't know what those are.

Duh Sammy...everyone knows it's a dead dance!! Wink
He created an impressive weapon that made a huge impact on the world. Its durability still amazes me

Quote:He created an impressive weapon that made a huge impact on the world. Its durability still amazes me
There was a documentary about the AK-47 not too long ago where they actually placed it in a chamber with sub-zero temperatures... It still worked.
Quote:Love the AK.

Shot it many times. Some buddies of mine and I cut down a tree with one when we were out camping.

Yes, we were hammered.
Quote:The one good thing the commies gave us...........

Don't forget Tetris