Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Kyle Love Signed to roster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Miller and Deadrick done - Jags bring Love back.  

Jags are dropping like flies the past few weeks.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ick-on-ir/

Quote:With Miller and Deadrick done - Jags bring Love back.

Jags are dropping like flies the past few weeks.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/23/jaguars-bring-kyle-love-in-again-brandon-deaderick-on-ir/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/23/jaguars-bring-kyle-love-in-again-brandon-deaderick-on-ir/</a>
Bank for Bortles
It's not so much that they're dropping like flies.  The team is using IR to start building their off season roster.  Nothing wrong with getting a head start on things.

Quote:It's not so much that they're dropping like flies.  The team is using IR to start building their off season roster.  Nothing wrong with getting a head start on things.

Allen (concussion)  Deadrick (dislocated elbow)  Hayes (knee) and Gratz (ankle) were all legit injuries. 

Miller may be a different story - but they have lost 6 starters to injury in two weeks.   If that's not dropping like flies, what the heck is? 
Cool.  I always liked Love and was very surprised he didn't picked up all year.  Hope he can make the team next year. 

Quote:Allen (concussion)  Deadrick (dislocated elbow)  Hayes (knee) and Gratz (ankle) were all legit injuries. 

Miller may be a different story - but they have lost 6 starters to injury in two weeks.   If that's not dropping like flies, what the heck is? 

Legit or not, they're moving guys to the IR to clear spots.  Miller had been playing through the injury for a while, but they decided to shut him down this week.  Shorts probably could have played through his injury and had the surgery at the end of the season, but they saw an opportunity to clear a spot and they took it. 
Next seasons starting team is going to have young inexperienced players in important starting roles.Not that this will be a bad thing I prefer to think exciting times are ahead.Whoever first 2 draft picks are,Justin Blackmon(hopefully),Luke Joeckel,Ace sanders.We may not be Super Bowl contenders,probably won't make playoffs but hopefully be good to watch and give teams something to think about when facing the Jags
Guys legitimately have injuries, but I have no doubt FBT is correct, if this was middle of the season they likely wouldn't be IR'd, but since this is the end of the season it's a chance to get guys they know they'll want to keep protected and bring in some other faces ahead of the off season.

Quote:Guys legitimately have injuries, but I have no doubt FBT is correct, if this was middle of the season they likely wouldn't be IR'd, but since this is the end of the season it's a chance to get guys they know they'll want to keep protected and bring in some other faces ahead of the off season.

Bradley in today's presser  -   

Quote:O'halloran:  If some of these injured guys can't go Sunday, will you IR them and fill out the roster?  

Bradley:  No.  Just because they can't play Sunday doesn't mean they are going on IR. 

I really liked him in preseason.
We did this last year to "evaluate talent for next year," but most of these guys have legitimate injuries and with our staff this year i feel talent will actually be evaluated
Also, was Love the guy that the Pats cut due to weight loss this past off season?
Quote:Also, was Love the guy that the Pats cut due to weight loss this past off season?
diabities
Quote:Allen (concussion)  Deadrick (dislocated elbow)  Hayes (knee) and Gratz (ankle) were all legit injuries. 

Late in the season, the decision to move a player to IR becomes a lot easier. While the injuries are legit, if this were week 2, you may not see the same transactions. Also, if the team were in contention for something, you could also make a case for players not being moved. At this point and with the team in this situation, IR is a much easier decision for a lot of those players.