Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***OFFICIAL Christmas Party Etiquette thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, so today my job is having the annual Christmas party from 5-9pm. I dont eat from Pot lucks and dont bring Pot Lucks. I am bringing some Chicken from Publix, and Catering subs from Firehouse. Aisde from that, I am trying to think of some median conversations I can have with my bosses and co-workers to avoid the gossip train. I have a few in mind, but im going to need some help. 

So the things I want to talk about is..................................

1. How and why the Gators and Jags suck.

2. How it feels great to see FSU in the championship game.

3. Making a recommendation on drinking moonshine again.

4. How many times have we [BAD WORD REMOVED] let out bad air at our desk.

5. Make a suggestion to twerk to Miley Cirus songs.

6. Making bets to see who will start kissing up to bosses for promotions next year.

7. Who will be the first to talk to the bosses spouse? 

I need help!!!!!!!

Feel free to post some of your suggestions.
Easy man here's the hit list you should discuss;

1.) Religion - always a party starter

2.) Affordable health care act - it's a unifying topic

3.) Tim Tebow - doesn't matter what about him, just talk about him

4.) Same Sex Marriage Legislation and your stance on it

5.) The real meaning of Christmas and what it means to the world

stick with these topics, your sure to be the hit of the party!

I wanna go to a party!!
I think #6 is a terrible idea.

Quote:Easy man here's the hit list you should discuss;

1.) Religion - always a party starter- For whatever reason im always a walking magnet for invites from people to join their church. I tell them I have a home and they scatter like roaches.

2.) Affordable health care act - it's a unifying topic- That's a topic that will have me be thinking too much, if im already drunk I will spout off random things.

3.) Tim Tebow - doesn't matter what about him, just talk about him-A FSU grad talking about his admiration for Tebow. I think we hit the jackpot!!!!!!!!!

4.) Same Sex Marriage Legislation and your stance on it-That will be a topic I will be too intense and focused on which means I probably wont eat or drink.

5.) The real meaning of Christmas and what it means to the world-You just gave me an idea, if im not completely drunk I can go to the front of the room and start talking about the meaning of Christmas. I mean after all Christmas falls on Wednesday which we all know what that means.

Hummmmp Daaay!!!

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="EricC85" data-cid="89681" data-time="1387809858">
<div>
Easy man here's the hit list you should discuss;

1.) Religion - always a party starter- For whatever reason im always a walking magnet for invites from people to join their church. I tell them I have a home and they scatter like roaches.

2.) Affordable health care act - it's a unifying topic- That's a topic that will have me be thinking too much, if im already drunk I will spout off random things.

3.) Tim Tebow - doesn't matter what about him, just talk about him-A FSU grad talking about his admiration for Tebow. I think we hit the jackpot!!!!!!!!!

4.) Same Sex Marriage Legislation and your stance on it-That will be a topic I will be too intense and focused on which means I probably wont eat or drink.

5.) The real meaning of Christmas and what it means to the world-You just gave me an idea, if im not completely drunk I can go to the front of the room and start talking about the meaning of Christmas. I mean after all Christmas falls on Wednesday which we all know what that means.

</div>
</blockquote>

Laughing On a serious note just stick with anything but the above and you'll be fine! enjoy the party man!
Quote:Alright, so today my job is having the annual Christmas party from 5-9pm. I dont eat from Pot lucks and dont bring Pot Lucks. I am bringing some Chicken from Publix, and Catering subs from Firehouse. Aisde from that, I am trying to think of some median conversations I can have with my bosses and co-workers to avoid the gossip train. I have a few in mind, but im going to need some help. 

So the things I want to talk about is..................................

1. How and why the Gators and Jags suck.

2. How it feels great to see FSU in the championship game.

3. Making a recommendation on drinking moonshine again.

4. How many times have we [BAD WORD REMOVED] let out bad air at our desk.

5. Make a suggestion to twerk to Miley Cirus songs.

6. Making bets to see who will start kissing up to bosses for promotions next year.

7. Who will be the first to talk to the bosses spouse? 

I need help!!!!!!!

Feel free to post some of your suggestions.

I say do all this...I'm sure you will get a promotion tomorrow.
Quote:I wanna go to a party!!

Are you able to handle Scotch?

Quote:I think #6 is a terrible idea.

Yeah, I think we need to bring our wagers down a bit. 200.00 dollars per bet on person is a little steep.

Quote:Hummmmp Daaay!!!
Bible Study Yes! you are correct.

Quote: Laughing On a serious note just stick with anything but the above and you'll be fine! enjoy the party man!
I cant be a turtle. I want to party like a silverback gorilla!

Thanks! 

Quote:I say do all this...I'm sure you will get a promotion tomorrow.

You just want me to be a train-wreck.
I'm allergic to alcohol anymore. Everytime i drink it i break out in handcuffs.
Quote:You just want me to be a train-wreck.

Too late for that....
I've resembled that remark...

Quote:Too late for that....

Im a better train wreck than you!!!!!
In my family: Homeopathy.
If you hit on anybody at the party, make sure it is the spouse of one of the bosses.

If you're going to screw up your career at an office Christmas party, do it in epic fashion.

Quote:If you hit on anybody at the party, make sure it is the spouse of one of the bosses.

If you're going to screw up your career at an office Christmas party, do it in epic fashion.

sounds like a Dos Equis commercial
Is a mistletoe belt buckle considered bad party etiquette?  :whistling:

:teehee:

Quote:Is a mistletoe belt buckle considered bad party etiquette?  :whistling:

:teehee:

A mistletoe tatoo above your butt?
Quote:I'm allergic to alcohol anymore. Everytime i drink it i break out in handcuffs.

:down: 
Pages: 1 2