Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Last Game of the Season...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Against Indy would you prefer a win or a loss?

Do you think we should let some backups start to get a head start on our offseason roster evals? (Reynolds, McCray, Denard, Noble)

Is it Stanzi time?
I don't root for a loss, but in the best interest in the team, a loss could secure a top 3 pick.
You may as well cheer the Jags to win, because they're not going to lay down and lose to cater to the mentally inferior sector that somehow thinks losing is a good thing.

Start Gabbert, his best games are against the colts lol

Quote:Start Gabbert, his best games are against the colts lol

Sure, may be his absolute last chance to prove he's worth anything.
I'd only prefer the win if Indy is playing starters.

A win against the team that beat KC today would say a lot about where the Jags are headed.  No way it happens, though.  Too many injuries right now for the Jags to compete.

The way the run D has struggled after a few good games -  I think they could sit Luck and beat the Jags.  If you can't stop the run - you can't win.  
We need to use the last game to let as many backups as possible audition for starting roles.

That means MJD should start. He needs to prove his worth.

I'd play Gabbert this game or dump him now.

What's the point in keeping him otherwise? You either think he's a bust or not.

It's time for the coaching staff to decide. This game would give Gabbert one more chance to shine or allow him to put the final nail in his coffin.
I would prefer we lose the last game, but play well. I don't see a heavy elite player prospect draft, so the higher the pick, the better.
Quote:We need to use the last game to let as many backups as possible audition for starting roles.

That means MJD should start. He needs to prove his worth.

I'd play Gabbert this game or dump him now.

What's the point in keeping him otherwise? You either think he's a bust or not.

It's time for the coaching staff to decide. This game would give Gabbert one more chance to shine or allow him to put the final nail in his coffin.
There is no point in dumping him right now.  The Jags have to pay him no matter what, so you might as well have him here to move furniture.  He will either get moved or cut by the start of May.

If he plays, you might get one of those decent games that makes you think...hey...if we hang on to him and eat the money...he probably could do it..then he stinks it up again. 

He is done.  We just hope that maybe another GM might cough something up for him.
I prefer we lose and Washington wins...

Quote:Against Indy would you prefer a win or a loss?

Do you think we should let some backups start to get a head start on our offseason roster evals? (Reynolds, McCray, Denard, Noble)

Is it Stanzi time?

Other than Stanzi, the back-ups has been playing the past few games... Especially the WR positions..

NH3...
The idea of playing Gabbert in this game to see if he's worth keeping for next year might have just made me pee myself a little from laughing so hard. He's failed miserably in every opportunity handed to him, and was benched in favor of Chad Henne. Not Russell Wilson, not Mike Glennon, not even Matt Flynn, Chad freaking Henne. What would the point be of playing him?

I've voiced my thoughts once before that you don't use late-season reps to "get a head start" on offseason evaluations. If a guy has performed well enough in practice to earn more reps, you play him. If he hasn't, well, that says something about him for your offseason evaluation period, doesn't it? I'm all for playing backups in garbage time after a game has been decided, but I'm not at all a fan of a gameplan that consists of "treat this game like preseason and bench everyone after the first quarter" in the position the Jaguars are at. If it's a veteran team that's clinched home-field, fine. If it's an aging team with nothing to play for that will have to make sweeping personnel changes in the offseason, fine, see what you've got. But the notion that Bradley, who is looking to keep his players fired up and carry some warm vibes with the younger guys who'll be returning to camp, would arbitrarily sit guys is a hard pill for me to swallow. If a guy's earned reps, he'll get more reps. If he hasn't earned those reps, Bradley doesn't strike me as the type of coach who would play him anyway.

Win.

this question just won't go away.

Play to win always.

Rotate the people you want to evaluate but always play to win.

Play gabbers?......he doesn't need evaluation. He's beyond bad....nuff said. :yes:

Quote:this question just won't go away.

Play to win always.

Rotate the people you want to evaluate but always play to win.

Play gabbers?......he doesn't need evaluation. He's beyond bad....nuff said. :yes:
lol, Play Goobert only if you are playing to lose. He gives you the best chance of that. Hands down.
A win, win situation. So I hope we win.
If Stanzi starts it will be the best game we've gotten out of one of our quarterbacks this season. Guarantee it.

Blaine Gabbert is terrible and i NEVER want to see him ever again in my life

All I want to see if a highly competitive game. Something to build momentum on for the off season..

Pages: 1 2