Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Texans suck - Enjoy it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's been a lot of talk about losing around here.  After the bye and the Jags first win, it suddenly became clear that the Jags were not the worst team in the league.  In fact, they aren't even the worst in the division.

That distinction belongs to the Texans, who, by losing today, have assured themselves of the worst record in the NFL.  They are now also assured the first pick in the 2014 NFL draft.

The 2011 colts, whose team was even worse than the 2013 Texans, sucked so terribly that they earned the first pick in the 2012 NFL draft.  They used the pick on Andrew Luck, who seems to be a pretty good player.  Boo freakin' Hoo, but that's for another thread.  Or another hundred threads.  In 2011, a lot of us sat there and cried and cried about the Jags performing so well that they would not get the chance at the top rated player.

Y'all, do something different for a change - ENJOY it.  Instead of bellyaching about how the Texans are going to get some fantastic player and own the division for the next decade, sit back, and take pleasure in the fact that this year, the Jags owned the Texans. 

There's no doubt that the Jags have a ways to go.

But Texan fans - your team really SUCKS.  And that makes me smile. Smile   I know I'm not alone in raising a glass to the worst team in the league. :thanks:

I'll enjoy it when they suck for at least a few years.  They were in the playoffs last year.  They're not exactly suffering here.

The opposite of synergy

What are the Texans
Agree with the OP except St. Louis (via Washington) still has a shot at the number 1 overall pick based on what happens next week.
I am glad they went from contender to dregs in one season, but with a good off season, they can rebound.
Quote:I am glad they went from contender to dregs in one season, but with a good off season, they can rebound.

Agree, the Texans have a butt load of talent all over the roster. I am still a little shocked to see how poorly they have played this season.

Will be interesting to see who they go after for HC. I am sure the big names will be tossed about by the media ... Cohwer, Gruden, Dung, Lovie ... hell I wouldn't doubt a Big Tuna rumor. Whoever it is, they are walking into a good situation.
Quote:Agree, the Texans have a butt load of talent all over the roster. I am still a little shocked to see how poorly they have played this season.

Will be interesting to see who they go after for HC. I am sure the big names will be tossed about by the media ... Cohwer, Gruden, Dung, Lovie ... hell I wouldn't doubt a Big Tuna rumor. Whoever it is, they are walking into a good situation.

Supposedly, they aren't going after Dungy, Gruden or Cowher.  They have already interviewed Lovie Smith.

I still don't believe, from a talent perspective, this is a true 2-3 win team.
Quote:Supposedly, they aren't going after Dungy, Gruden or Cowher.  They have already interviewed Lovie Smith.

I still don't believe, from a talent perspective, this is a true 2-3 win team.

Good, I don't see Dungy coming back. IMO Gruden is overrated, and Cohwer (I don't know why Cohwer seems like the right spelling to me) had the right mix of talent with the Steelers, and been away a little too long for my liking. Lovie would be a great fit, he got a raw deal from Chicago (imo), he's a solid football coach.

I would take Lovie out of the lot (unless Dungy wanted to come back, then I would flip a coin) ... I will tell you who has shocked me at how well he has done. Bruce Arians, I'm sorry I ever doubted him. I am sure a lot of people are (Pittsburgh). Good for him, he is a good guy that finally got his shot, and he is making it work.
Quote:I'll enjoy it when they suck for at least a few years.  They were in the playoffs last year.  They're not exactly suffering here.

this ^^^^ 

and they also have won a playoff game in 2 consecutive years before this, and if they pick Teddy with pick 1 in this draft they could be back in the playoffs as soon as next season and remain there for awhile. 

So, the OP's thread is kinda nonsense. 

Its the kind of thread you make after sustained losing for yearS not one outlier season like the Colts had in 2011 that proved to be short lived. 

It seems the OP is desperate to get this in now because he fears that the Texans fall here won't be all that lengthy. 
Quote:I'll enjoy it when they suck for at least a few years.  They were in the playoffs last year.  They're not exactly suffering here.
Seriously??

They have sucked for most of their existence.

The Jags were in the playoffs in 2007 too. Did you label them the juggernauts that you now "label" the 2012 Texans?

You suffer from the same problem as so many Jag fans. You are incredibly myopic. The Texans have shared the level of success of the Jaguars throughout their history.

We have more in common with the Texan fans than any other fanbase in the division.

The Texans' first 10 years as a franchise only best the Saints and Bucs, but only the Bucs have had more #1 picks over that span than the Texans.

I have no reason to believe any of that will change when they inevitably draft Clowney instead of Bridgewater and opt to sign Cutler.

See 2000-2010 Texans
Quote:this ^^^^ 

and they also have won a playoff game in 2 consecutive years before this, and if they pick Teddy with pick 1 in this draft they could be back in the playoffs as soon as next season and remain there for awhile. 

So, the OP's thread is kinda nonsense. 

Its the kind of thread you make after sustained losing for yearS not one outlier season like the Colts had in 2011 that proved to be short lived. 

It seems the OP is desperate to get this in now because he fears that the Texans fall here won't be all that lengthy. 
The OP is not afraid of the Texans, or the colts, or the tacks, and thinks that maybe you shouldn't be either.

But feel free.  It's your life, man.
Quote:Seriously??

The Jags were in the playoffs in 2007 too. Did you label them the juggernauts that you now "label" the 2012 Texans?

You suffer from the same problem as so many Jag fans. You are incredibly myopic. The Texans have shared the level of success of the Jaguars throughout their history.

We have more in common with the Texan fans than any other fanbase in the division.

I agree Dakota...Texans have been harmless for most of their existence except for the last two years and even then I don't think they ever really scared anybody.
Quote:Seriously??

I can't speak for him, but at the time, I was hopeful that the Jags in 2007 were indeed the same type of juggernauts. They were matching the Patriots record offense point for point during the 2nd half of that season....and were doing it with receiving weapons that seemed to be pedestrian. It had the feeling of once the Jags got some real legit receiving weapons added to the mix as well as a pass rush, that they'd be headed for a title. Unfortunately we all know how that era ended.  

I agree that the Texans overall in their history have not been very successful. However, they are set up right now to make a quick bounce back to the playoffs with the right QB and right coach installed for next season. The Texans are unlikely IMO to suffer a prolonged ebb unless bad decisions are made in those 2 area this offseason. I hope that indeed happens though.

Something interesting though....

In the past 3 seasons - 

The Colts, Jaguars and Texans ALL have suffered 13 game losing streaks. 
One thing I should mention - this thread is not meant to be a knock on the Texans.  Yes they suck, and will likely be better in 2014.  They suck for the same reasons that the Jags sucked last year - poor play at the QB position, some key injuries on both offense and defense, and, some would argue, bad coaching.

I don't remember any condolence posts from the Texan, colt, or tack fans.  Texan fans wear success well, and weren't nearly as smug as the majority of the colt fans during the jughead era.  Nevertheless, they wouldn't have traded positions with us.  I do miss them, to tell you the truth.  However...

This thread is about US.  Specifically, our insane inferiority complex.

That's why I say, raise a glass and enjoy not being in the cellar of the AFC South for a change.  Enjoy the absence of ridicule, which disappeared with our 3rd win as the media found more appropriate targets.  And enjoy sweeping what most thought was the better team, because they sure as hell enjoyed sweeping us last year.

The Texans will likely be better next year.  After watching what we have built, I have no doubt we will be too.  Be not afraid, Jags fans.  A couple draft spots won't hurt us, but losing and losing and losing certainly will.  The Jags have still never had the worst record in the NFL.  The paper SB contenders are now assured of at least a share of it.

I'd be lying if I claimed it doesn't make me crack a smile.

I hate the rest of the division as a fan.  I'm looking forward to the Colts going one and done.  There success seemed to go forever and the baton is going to the next time.  Anxiously waiting for our time.  All this losing is going to make the winning feel better.