Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Peyton wanted to be a Texan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That would've sucked

He wanted to be a Texan?

Are we sure he didn't injure his enormous head instead of his enormous neck?

While hindsight is 20/20....if you're a Texan fan this has to peeve you a bit.

Quote:While hindsight is 20/20....if you're a Texan fan this has to peeve you a bit.

With the Texans defense, they could possibly be playing to repeat a championship this season ... and possibly 3peat next season. Wink

coulda woulda shoulda. :blink:
Well, many of them have said they literally just a quarterback away from being back in contention.  Peyton ain't just any quarterback though.  Oh well, better for us!

this is old news

Sucks for them
That's they type of blunder that gets you fired...unless you are the owner.

The Jags didn't seem to want Peyton, either....

granted, the feeling might have been mutual. 

I wonder if the Jags would have been a playoff team these past 2 years with Peyton? He is that good, so its possible. 

Quote:That's they type of blunder that gets you fired...unless you are the owner.

Even the owner can get fired if he sells clothing for men.

If only NFL owners could suffer the same fate the founder of Men's Wearhouse did. That would rid the league of Mike Brown, Dan Snyder, and Jerry Jones.
Quote:The Jags didn't seem to want Peyton, either.

Granted, the feeling might have been mutual. 

I wonder if the Jags would have been a playoff team these past 2 years with Peyton? He is that good, so it's possible. 

Don't forget we were built for running the ball. It would be very hard for the rest of our offense to switch to a pass-first scheme with a lot of shotgun plays and no-huddles. We were the exact opposite of the Colts on offense - while they played hurry-up all day to score as much as possible, we concentrated on dominating TOP with very long drives (by minutes) and making defenses tired.
Quote:The Jags didn't seem to want Peyton, either....

I wonder if the Jags would have been a playoff team these past 2 years with Peyton? He is that good, so its possible. 

There's NO WAY Peyton would have come here with that patch work O-Line that we had when he was considering teams.. No Chance.. 
Quote:There's NO WAY Peyton would have come here with that patch work O-Line that we had when he was considering teams.. No Chance.. 

I agree that there was no chance, but I also agree with TMD that we probably would at least have been a playoff team.

Peyton makes the offensive line better and he would have made Blackmon (who knows what would have happened with Peyton as your motivation....) and Cecil Shorts look like stars.  We can dream!
Quote:I agree that there was no chance, but I also agree with TMD that we probably would at least have been a playoff team.

Peyton makes the offensive line better and he would have made Blackmon (who knows what would have happened with Peyton as your motivation....) and Cecil Shorts look like stars.  We can dream!

Have you ever seen Peyton scramble in the pocket? I haven't. That is not because he never needed to. It is because he can't. After moving to Denver, he started getting sacked more than ever.
Quote:Have you ever seen Peyton scramble in the pocket? I haven't. That is not because he never needed to. It is because he can't. After moving to Denver, he started getting sacked more than ever.

Do you have anything to back that up?

Peyton Manning's line in Indianapolis was not very good.  He didnt scramble or move around the pocket a lot to get away....He never had a legit "franchise tackle" and he rarely got touched.  He knew when to get rid of the ball quickly or just throw it away.  He would even concede sacks by laying down.
Quote:The Jags didn't seem to want Peyton, either....

I think we would have been. 9-7 or something like that. But, we'd probably still have Gene smith.......
Quote:I think we would have been. 9-7 or something like that. But, we'd probably still have Gene smith.......
If we had this team right now + Peyton Manning we would have won way more than 9 games.

Seattle/SF are the only teams I see us losing too this year with Manning. 
Quote:Do you have anything to back that up?

Peyton Manning's line in Indianapolis was not very good.  He didnt scramble or move around the pocket a lot to get away....He never had a legit "franchise tackle" and he rarely got touched.  He knew when to get rid of the ball quickly or just throw it away.  He would even concede sacks by laying down.

What Peyton did was take a snap from a Pro Bowl center - that's right, one of the best centers in the NFL - in the shotgun and get the ball out of his hand as fast as he could.