Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Quote Feature Not Working On Home Computer, Any Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure what's going on. Did I click something on here to change it?

Quote:Not sure what's going on. Did I click something on here to change it?

I had the same problem the other day I think I was using my Firefox browser, switched over to IE and it worked fine. I'm using Firefox now and it's working, try switching browsers?
Yeah, not sure how to do that either. :woot:

I use Firefox at work with no troubles.

You only have Firefox, you guys don't have Internet Explorer?

This is not acceptable.. How are we going to quote JW's weird posts?

At work we have both.

At home we have IE.

Quote:At work we have both.

At home we have IE.

So maybe it's an IE thing try downloading Firefox On your home computer
I drew some " " on my display with a Sharpie.   

Quote:This is not acceptable.. How are we going to quote JW's weird posts?

Weird post? I haven't noticed any of those.

Not of hers, anyway. :whistling:

Now if we were talking about homeybisquick, that's another story. ... That dude is stranger than Jaggy. :yes:
Quote:Weird post? I haven't noticed any of those.

Now if we were talking about homeybisquick, that's another story. ... That dude is stranger than Jaggy. :yes:

You didn't see nuffin..
Quote:Weird post? I haven't noticed any of those.

I'm the benchmark for strange? Sweet!
Trav59,  I'm having the same problem as you are.   This has happened a number of times this the migration process took place of the Jaguars Forum.

I'm not remotely close to a computer expert but I think I know when this occurring on this end.  Every time that Internet Explorer has an Updated Version that's added to my computer,   the problem occurs.   The only thing that solves the problem is a System Restore.   Since the problem occurred again two or three days ago,  I haven't done a System Restore yet.    It's time consuming.  

Hopefully,  the technical experts that work for the Jaguars can figure out a solution other than a System Restore or sticking with an older version of Internet Explorer.

Ive been noticing alot on here lately there is double posting by accident.

On IE, there is a delay when responding to someone's specific quote to post in the thread that has multiple pages.

For example, if you are quoting someone on page 2 of a 6 page thread, for me, there is a delay but my response(s) always post. You wont see your response until you refresh the thread which will take you to the last page.
So I think we can narrow it Down to a problem with IE and the board communicating. I had said it wast working for me on Firefox but now hat I think about It might have been the other way around IE screwing up and Firefox working
Eric,  I'm not too familiar with FireFox in terms of how often they have an updated version and what the impact of an updated version is on posting on this Forum.  

With IE though,  something in their updates is clearly not compatible with the way the Forum software is set up.   Being that most people use IE totally or partially,  this is a major problem that the Forum technicians should look into.  

:woot:  

I downloaded Mozilla. All is well now. Thanks everyone.