Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: D'Aundre Reed gets a workout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jacksonville brought him in for a workout. He's a DE from Arizona who was drafted by Minnesota, and was on the SF Practice Squad earlier this season. Think there's a chance he'll still sign even with the Rivers addition?

Quote:Jacksonville brought him in for a workout. He's a DE from Arizona who was drafted by Minnesota, and was on the SF Practice Squad earlier this season. Think there's a chance he'll still sign even with the Rivers addition?

Size?
At this time of year it's quite possible they'll start putting guys with minor injuries on IR so they can start getting these guys in early for the offseason program.

Quote:Size?

His NFL.com profile lists him at 6'4", 260 lbs. Turns out Minnesota released him using a Waived/Injured status earlier this season.
Quote:His NFL.com profile lists him at 6'4", 260 lbs. Turns out Minnesota released him using a Waived/Injured status earlier this season.

Pretty good size.  We'll see.  Seems like Caldwell is trying to get as many DEs here as possible. 
Why does the name sound familiar?

Quote:Why does the name sound familiar?

You may be thinking of Andre Reed, the WR from the Jim Kelly era Buffalo teams.
Quote:Why does the name sound familiar?

deleted.  Deacon beat me to it. 

Quote:Andre Reed, WR for the Bills a while back?

Jinx!
Quote:Jinx!

I owe you a coke. 
Quote:You may be thinking of Andre Reed, the WR from the Jim Kelly era Buffalo teams.

Quote:deleted.  Deacon beat me to it. 

yup that's it, thank you!
Quote:I owe you a coke. 

Put bourbon in it.
Quote:Pretty good size.  We'll see.  Seems like Caldwell is trying to get as many DEs here as possible. 

And I really have no problem with that. The Practice Squad, in my opinion, should be nothing but DE's and Guards who lift weights and drink protein shakes all day.

Quote:And I really have no problem with that. The Practice Squad, in my opinion, should be nothing but DE's and Guards who lift weights and drink protein shakes.

The more DEs the better. 
Quote:Put bourbon in it.
. Ha
Signed to the Practice Squad, listed at the bottom of the article.

more the merrier, wish we would bring in a fatty though to compete with alualu, he one of the only spots on that d where i don't think there is any competition for his spot at all
Quote:more the merrier, wish we would bring in a fatty though to compete with alualu, he one of the only spots on that d where i don't think there is any competition for his spot at all

Maybe Abry Jones?
I like it. Not like we are playing for a playoff spot. Caldwell seems better at evaluating talent much better than Gene. Who knows..maybe we can find a gem out there. Seems like every team finds at least one, I feel like we are due for one
Quote:Maybe Abry Jones?
i thought he was a dt so thanks for that

and agreed, that is one big fella

seems to have taken 26 snaps this season but i really haven't noticed him

good call