Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 'Major League' star Margaret Whitton dies at 67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

'Major League' star Margaret Whitton dies at 67

Margaret Whitton, who starred as a former showgirl who became owner of the Cleveland Indians in the 1989 comedy "Major League," has died. She was 67.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...at-67.html

Rachel Phelps was the greatest character ever. Margaret's spirit continues on through Shad Khan and how he runs the organization. RIP!

Quote:Rachel Phelps was the greatest character ever. Margaret's spirit continues on through Shad Khan and how he runs the organization. RIP!

RIP.

Stan Kroenke certainly comes to mind as an NFL owner who actually executed the ' Major League' owner  movie role into bitter reality for St. Louis Rams fans.  
I loved her in The Secret of My Success. RIP
Quote:I loved her in The Secret of My Success. RIP

Great movie. I hate to sound old, but they really don't make them like they used to. I am going to force my kids to watch all my favorite 80's movies and they will like it!
Quote:Great movie. I hate to sound old, but they really don't make them like they used to. I am going to force my kids to watch all my favorite 80's movies and they will like it!

I've done the same with my son! :thumbsup:
Well, cross her off the list then!

RIP.
The Secret of my Success is probably one of my favorite 80's movies.
Quote:Great movie. I hate to sound old, but they really don't make them like they used to. I am going to force my kids to watch all my favorite 80's movies and they will like it!
They will appreciate you for it later.  :thumbsup:
Quote:I loved her in The Secret of My Success. RIP

Dude I loved that movie!!!  It doesn't get the credit as other 80's films, but it was hilarious!  The scene where she's putting on lipstick while MJF as her chauffuer is that "So Beautiful" song is playing is forever engrained into the pre-teen mind of my childhood.  She'll always be that hot cougar in my mind.  

You guys remember that one with the rich dude that decides to play volleyball over the summer?  That was a good one too!

Side Out!!

[Image: p12234_d_v8_aa.jpg]