Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Draft position after this loss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This was as-of last week. Assuming no big change in SoS:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-d...op10-order

With ATL or WAS about to win. We would go to 5th.

If Minnesota wins, we go to 4th.

Unlikely that Oakland wins. If they do, we go to 3rd.

That's the silver lining. We win we drop out of the top 10, the loss pushes us back into the top 5. Go Raiders!

Minnesota up big on Philly now. So at least 4th.

4th, honestly I'd be happy with anything in the top 6.

We have the SoS tiebreaker over everyone. cbs doesnt account for future opponents. So we would be 3rd behind HOU and STL
A win would have been awesome.  But this lose doesn't hurt either.  Best of both worlds.  The fact that it helps our draft position is just a bonus.  Seriously, this coaching staff is making chicken cordon bleau out of chick feces....  It's pretty amazing to watch.  We get some more real playmakers in specific spots and we'll be in really good  shape.
Quote:We have the SoS tiebreaker over everyone. cbs doesnt account for future opponents. So we would be 3rd behind HOU and STL
Which would make Clowney or Bridgewater a virtual certainty since STL will want Matthews. I'd be afraid of who they trade down with, though.
Quote:That's the silver lining. We win we drop out of the top 10, the loss pushes us back into the top 5. Go Raiders!

Oakland is down 21-3 in the first quarter
Quote:Which would make Clowney or Bridgewater a virtual certainty since STL will want Matthews. I'd be afraid of who they trade down with, though.

They will trade down if they get the 2nd pick. almost guaranteed. No other top teams are looking for a tackle like they are.
Quote:We have the SoS tiebreaker over everyone. cbs doesnt account for future opponents. So we would be 3rd behind HOU and STL

We don't hold it over Oakland.
http://stevielovesthejaguars.com/draftorder/

This has it the right way with all 16 opponents lumped in. Will still fluctuate some, but not nearly as much as the 'if the season ended today' idiots. 

Basically if the Jags lose out they will be 3rd at worst as we are virtually guaranteed to hold the SoS tiebreaker over anyone.

Quote:http://stevielovesthejaguars.com/draftorder/

This has it the right way with all 16 opponents lumped in. Will still fluctuate some, but not nearly as much as the 'if the season ended today' idiots. 

Basically if the Jags lose out they will be 3rd at worst as we are virtually guaranteed to hold the SoS tiebreaker over anyone.

Minnesota goes from 3rd to 8th that win today. Wow.
If we finish with a top 5 pick along with the improvement we have seen, I'd be satisfied. We still have a shot at Barr (or Bridgewater). Kirk Cousins will sucker some team into a trade for a 2nd round pick. Hope it isnt Jacksonville.
Quote:If we finish with a top 5 pick along with the improvement we have seen, I'd be satisfied. We still have a shot at Barr (or Bridgewater). Kirk Cousins will sucker some team into a trade for a 2nd round pick. Hope it isnt Jacksonville.

I would love for it to be Houston or better yet for them to take Johnny
I'd still put money on Bridgewater or Carr being our guy. But I won't lie. Clowney would be nice.

Quote:They will trade down if they get the 2nd pick. almost guaranteed. No other top teams are looking for a tackle like they are.
So that begs the question: The Jaguars are in a prime spot for the Rams to collect picks and still get their man. Would you trade up for Bridgewater?
Quote:If we finish with a top 5 pick along with the improvement we have seen, I'd be satisfied. We still have a shot at Barr (or Bridgewater). Kirk Cousins will sucker some team into a trade for a 2nd round pick. Hope it isnt Jacksonville.

I don't think Cousins is traded away this offseason.  RGIII is not what everyone thinks he is.  I think the Redskins keep both QBs this offseason.  

Either way, I'm good with Caldwell picking whoever he decides.  If we stay within the top 10 in this draft, we're in good shape.  This draft  looks alot deeper than last years.
Quote:So that begs the question: The Jaguars are in a prime spot for the Rams to collect picks and still get their man. Would you trade up for Bridgewater?

No
Quote:I would love for it to be Houston or better yet for them to take Johnny

Johnny football partnered with Mike & Son Shannahan?  Are you kidding me?  I would love that for the Jags.  The t'horns would be set back a decade with that debacle!!!
Quote:I don't think Cousins is traded away this offseason. RGIII is not what everyone thinks he is. I think the Redskins keep both QBs this offseason.

Either way, I'm good with Caldwell picking whoever he decides. If we stay within the top 10 in this draft, we're in good shape. This draft looks alot deeper than last years.

This is when his value is at an all time high, theyre going to cash in. What if he gets no playing time in the future, his value will decreaase and will leave in FA for free.
Pages: 1 2 3