Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Brunell Inducted Into The Pride...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mark Brunell. This game was supposed to honor his induction into the pride right? well guess what? he doesn't deserve it. He was just a lucky QB with decent speed and a magical team and city (at the time) backing him. Not to mention, he sold us out on Mike and Mike earlier in the year, remember? I loved Brunell as a player, and I firmly believe that he has easily been our best QB yet. But he doesn't deserve this honor at all, especially after he seemingly had no problem dissing the whole city of Jacksonville and our team just for some national airtime. What a joke. He is no where near worthy of this.

Someone once said that he would rather be LUCKY than good. So I guess Brunell top's that because he was LUCKY and GOOD................

I swear to god this sounds exactly like the guy in my section yelling this same exact thing during the ceremony.  The only thing missing was he was also yelling at DD, Freddy, Boselli, as they were walking along the south endzone when the 3rd qtr started. 

Dissing the whole city? Rolleyes
Quote:Tool speak.

You shut your mouth.
Quote:....... He is no where near worthy of this.

I would have to disagree. in fact, if you were at the game you would have seen some of the highlight videos of #8.

Also, on the way to the game there was an interview with Boselli , no doubt he approved.

my fondest memory was sitting in the SEZ, don't remember the opponent ( 'phins?) and on the first play of the game, MB threw a pass and connected with J Smith for a tD. Set the stage for the whole game.

Mark learned the hard way how to be careful when talking to the press.......and I'm not going to completely shun him for making that mistake.

Congratulations Mark.
I was too busy peeing while he was being inducted. It just wouldn't stop flowing. And I was hitting on this bills fan. She was hot!
Brunell is by far the greatest qb we have ever had.    However the whole the Jags moving to london thing on a major radio show.    Mistake or not stings and leaves a sour taste in my mouth.    If a guy who bashed his home town can get in.   Why can't Jimmy one of the greatest receivers to ever play in the NFL period. 

Quote:Brunell is by far the greatest qb we have ever had.    However the whole the Jags moving to london thing on a major radio show.    Mistake or not stings and leaves a sour taste in my mouth.    If a guy who bashed his home town can get in.   Why can't Jimmy one of the greatest receivers to ever play in the NFL period. 

GOSH you people are ridiculous! He NEVER said he wants the team to move to London. He NEVER said it should move to London. All he said is he thinks the games in London might be a first step in taking the team there. All speculation and I am positive he does not want the team to move. Jacksonville is his home. GET OVER IT.

Now for all you chumps who think Brunell didn't deserve to go in. He owns almost every passing record (Except for TDs in a season, Garrard). 2 AFC Championship games. Our only 4,000 yard passer, 3 Pro Bowls, and (yes im throwing this in there lol) 1 Pro Bowl MVP. That's a pretty good reputation for me, because we haven't sniffed any production from a QB since. Garrards "freak" 07 year aside.

126jags4life

You guys are too young to remember the Brunell years - they were awesome - show some respect for us elders!!  Brunell earned it and then some

I've looked & perhaps overlooked, but is his induction ceremony posted anywhere on the site?
Quote:Brunell is by far the greatest qb we have ever had.    However the whole the Jags moving to london thing on a major radio show.    Mistake or not stings and leaves a sour taste in my mouth.    If a guy who bashed his home town can get in.   Why can't Jimmy one of the greatest receivers to ever play in the NFL period.
I would like to see Jimmy in too. I think it'll come soon. It seems like they're throwing folks up there left & right as of late. We only had one dude up there for the longest time (Tony) & now look. I'm not saying they weren't deserving of the honor.
Quote:Brunell is by far the greatest qb we have ever had. However the whole the Jags moving to london thing on a major radio show. Mistake or not stings and leaves a sour taste in my mouth. If a guy who bashed his home town can get in. Why can't Jimmy one of the greatest receivers to ever play in the NFL period.
This. Jimmy should be in before mark.
We're prolly gonna have a pretty long gap in between Brunell and a few others.. Gene didn't exactly pick Pride Material..
Quote:I was too busy peeing while he was being inducted. It just wouldn't stop flowing. And I was hitting on this bills fan. She was hot!
you get her number bro?
Quote:We're prolly gonna have a pretty long gap in between Brunell and a few others.. Gene didn't exactly pick Pride Material..
I could see MJD getting in.
Quote:I could see MJD getting in.

One of the VERY few..
Quote:I would like to see Jimmy in too. I think it'll come soon. It seems like they're throwing folks up there left & right as of late. We only had one dude up there for the longest time (Tony) & now look. I'm not saying they weren't deserving of the honor.

The Weavers, Boselli, Freddy, and Brunell...I don't think they're "throwing" them up there at lightning speed!! Mark and Fred are not long retired when they got up there...
Quote:One of the VERY few..
What about Hayden Epstein?
Quote:What about Hayden Epstein?

He's one of the ones I'm mad about. If anything, he belongs in Canton.. There just isn't enough honor space in the Pride for ole Hayden..

I remember there was a pretty crucial kick in the 4th quarter of a pretty important game, years ago.. I forgot if he was the one who kicked it. Hell I forgot if it was even him that attempted it, but it was crucial and after that kick, Canton started calling.
Pages: 1 2