Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Still positive after the loss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The team continued to play good, they're improving and heck that was basically our 2nd string unit out there. This team can compete once we find out QB, I truly believe and expect that.

I think Toddman might be able to play a bigger role then I had previously thought. Before today I had viewed him as a support guy like Jennings, ask him to do to much and you'll ruin him but he handled the load just fine. That said I'd still like us to bring some competition in at RB this offseason.

We still need to find more help at safety, every time we have to bring in Prosinski it's just painful to watch.

Our WR core is deeper then I can ever remember, even the backup guys look better then the days of Matt Jones and Reggie Williams, Denis Northcut.

overall still feeling positive after todays game.

Yea, the fact that the team was still trying despite everything is a huge positive in my eyes. This team is much better than last season.

I agree
yup.  Can you imagine this offense with a good QB that has accuracy?  We'd be monsters.  We really are rebuilding in the right way.  

I used to be critical of the OC, but I'm completely on board with every single coach on the crew right now.  If we can continue to build off of what we got, we're gonna be contenders NEXT year.

I have no doubt

I concur. Some of the play calling baffled me, but considering Shorts and MJD were out, the 3rd String LG was in and Pros wwas starting I was expecting worse. The Brown 'fumble' was BS and Robinson's fumble was a killer. If he'd held it and Brown was called incomplete pass we'd probably be looking at a 4 game win streak. Ill take Cardiac Cats over the first 8 games anyday. Branch has what, 5 sacks this year?
This was the perfect scenario for the Jags. Competitive, get the youngins valuable experience, and lose a close one. Future of the franchise not hurt this time.

Draft stock even helped with the Vikings and Atlanta winning. Should be 3rd pick in the draft right now, so pragmatists everywhere can rejoice.

Agreed. I don't feel bad after this loss. We played well even though we had a lot of guys out because of injuries. 

Compared to the first 8 games ill take it. Good to see fire and competition. There were positives: Todman getting 100 behind a patchwork line, Sanders first career TD and the D getting 3 sacks.
DRob's fumble hurt.I've been waiting for him to bust one this year

Quote:This was the perfect scenario for the Jags. Competitive, get the youngins valuable experience, and lose a close one. Future of the franchise not hurt this time.

Draft stock even helped with the Vikings and Atlanta winning. Should be 3rd pick in the draft right now, so pragmatists everywhere can rejoice.
It was huge that ATL won, their next 2 games are brutal. WASH might be able to win of their ast 2 and we can move up to #2
We were without our top 4 offensive players. Granted Luke and Justin have been out nearly all year, but no Mojo and no Shorts is a huge drop off. Still like the direction we are heading.
Quote:It was huge that ATL won, their next 2 games are brutal. WASH might be able to win of their ast 2 and we can move up to #2

Washington has two divisional games left. Home against Dallas and @ the Giants. Hopefully they can win one or both of those games.
Quote:Washington has two divisional games left. Home against Dallas and @ the Giants. Hopefully they can win one or both of those games.

Or... would it be better for them to lose out, and hope the Texans beat the Titans?
Quote:Or... would it be better for them to lose out, and hope the Texans beat the Titans?

That would put us at #3 instead of #2