Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: AFC South: "Talk about the best division in the NFL."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Um, maybe we were the best division in 2007, but not now.

As of now - I'd say : 

NFC W  - 1

AFC W - 2

NFC  S - 3

Quote:As of now - I'd say : 

NFC W  - 1

AFC W - 2

NFC  S - 3

This really illustrates how much can change in the NFL in a 2 to 3 year period. In 2010, the NFCW didn't even have a team that was at .500 at the end of the season.  In 2011,  an 8-8 record was enough to win the AFCW. 
Quote:This really illustrates how much can change in the NFL in a 2 to 3 year period. In 2010, the NFCW didn't even have a team that was at .500 at the end of the season.  In 2011,  an 8-8 record was enough to win the AFCW. 
That is exactly what I was thinking. Actually using SoS though, the chiefs don't look near as good, they have the lowest SoS in the league. The NFC West is legit though. http://stevielovesthejaguars.com/draftorder/

Quote:As of now - I'd say : 

NFC W  - 1

AFC W - 2

NFC  S - 3
I'd switch NFC S and AFC W.
Quote:That is exactly what I was thinking. Actually using SoS though, the chiefs don't look near as good, they have the lowest SoS in the league. The NFC West is legit though. http://stevielovesthejaguars.com/draftorder/

While the Cardinals probably won't go 11-5 because their two remaining games are in Seattle and at home against San Francisco,  the possibility exists going into the final 2 games that 3 teams in this division will win 11 or more games.  If Arizona was in any other division,  they probably would be on a direct path to the playoffs.  

With the St. Louis Rams going to get a high draft pick in 2014 because they own the Redskins pick via the RGIII trade,  this division might even be better next season.
I'd be shocked if the NFC W doesn't shatter the winning percentage record set by the AFC S in 2007.

Best division talk is just like when the Gators suck and people go on about the SEC.