Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jonothan Cyprian 3rd in tackles among all SS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He has 89 total tackles,with Antoine Bethea and TJ Ward having more and Poz is 3rd in the entire league with 126 tackles.

Awesome. Not necessarily good, because that means that some of those are runners getting free of the front seven, but by the eye test he is coming up to make stops at the LOS more and more often.
Doesn't say much for our corner play

Quote:Awesome. Not necessarily good, because that means that some of those are runners getting free of the front seven, but by the eye test he is coming up to make stops at the LOS more and more often.

In base defenses he is practically a 4th linebacker, thats why he racks up so many tackles.
Quote:Doesn't say much for our corner play

It actually has nothing to do with the play of the corners. which has actually been pretty good.
He seems to be really coming on, much like the rest of the defense, later in the season.  Looks like this could be a good player on our defense for a lot of years to come.

He is doing exactly what we drafted him for. A "thumper" type safety. If his coverage improves he could really be a top safety in the league.
He's really been playing well since the bye. Seems like a perfect fit in the Gus defense.

You sure its not cos of how often receivers get a yard on him and catch before he gets there

Wouldn't mind seeing the numbers on that

He is improving slowly but surely and I think a full preseason next year would be a huge boost

What I most like about him is his attitude he is always chatting but I don't see him jawing
Quote:You sure its not cos of how often receivers get a yard on him and catch before he gets there

Wouldn't mind seeing the numbers on that

He is improving slowly but surely and I think a full preseason next year would be a huge boost

What I most like about him is his attitude he is always chatting but I don't see him jawing

Yeah - tackle stats can be misleading.  Certainly there is some good to take away from it - because he's doing his job. But the number doesn't tell you much about how he's going about it.  

Regardless - the kid has certainly gotten better over the course of the season and looks like he'll be a capable starter for a long time. Possibly a very good one if he keeps improving.  Being a "willing tackler" is certainly one of the first job requirements and he's checked that one off of the list admirably. 
I have to say Cyp is probably my favorite player on the team right now. He and Guy look so beastly side by side.
I can't believe how much better we are than last year... Caldwell knows his stuff..
Quote:He has 89 total tackles,with Antoine Bethea and TJ Ward having more and Poz is 3rd in the entire league with 126 tackles.

Great for the rookie, maybe the new GM isnt bad at drafting of course the SS having so many tackles good be a bad sign at the DLine / LB too
Quote:I can't believe how much better we are than last year... Caldwell knows his stuff..
I agree that Caldwell has us pointed in the right direction, but I'm not sure how much better we are from a purely talent standpoint. I'd be more inclined to believe that the team has bought into Gus' philosophy and rallied behind him.

Every time I hear him speak, I'm blown away with how much more suited Gus is to be a head coach as opposed to Mularkey. Bradley actually seems to make more out if less. That's encouraging.
Quote:I agree that Caldwell has us pointed in the right direction, but I'm not sure how much better we are from a purely talent standpoint. I'd be more inclined to believe that the team has bought into Gus' philosophy and rallied behind him.

Every time I hear him speak, I'm blown away with how much more suited Gus is to be a head coach as opposed to Mularkey. Bradley actually seems to make more out if less. That's encouraging.

Yeah. The talent level will certainly get better and Caldwell did hand pick Gus so major props on that one.
Quote:I have to say Cyp is probably my favorite player on the team right now. He and Guy look so beastly side by side.
 Gus and Lageman were talking about the play Lags broke down in his film room bit on the radio yesterday.  (Cyp sniffed out a TE bootleg and shut it down)

Bradley said that's not a play you see rookies make. That's something we expect from a 4 or 5 year vet.   Safe to say Cyp has climbed over the "rookie wall" and is making progress. 
CYPR37N is progressing better than expected. His coverage on the TEs also has improved. He is learning to play under more control which allows him to perform at an higher level.

I'm Luvn his rookie progress...

NH3...
Quote:He's really been playing well since the bye. Seems like a perfect fit in the Gus defense.

The DTs, DEs has played much better since the by-week. This progress has made the remainder of the D play better as well.

NH3...
How's he done compared to the other rookie safeties?
Quote:How's he done compared to the other rookie safeties?
I looked up Vaccaro, the safety drafted by the saints in the first round,and he has 54 tackles with 1 int.
Pages: 1 2